Home Make It So!

Missions Reset Idea

So if this has been covered before I apologise.
I was thinking as i enjoy the missions so much.
What happens when all missions are complete, well nothing you warp your way through them to get your components there is no point in redoing any of them.

So how about a reset ?
By this i mean when a mission lets say Mission 1 The Art of War
it has 126 stars when you have completed them the mission just sits there mocking you.
so reset it to 0 stars and go again if you wish too.

I see two ways it could work.

1. Reset a completed mission for a cost say 5 Dil or maybe honour or merits.

If you are paying for the reset then all rewards are available again, you can then have some mission time back in the game and get rewards.

OR

2. Reset at no cost.

If a reset is at no cost then the rewards remain as they are with the node rewards already claimed. The payoff comes when all 126 stars have been reclaimed again and there is a final reward lets say some Dil

Possible Loot Table

Mission 1 50 Dil
Mission 2 75 Dil
mission 3 100 Dil

and so on.

This would give those of us who enjoy missions a reason to go back and redo them and would also give the game a nice little time filler whilst waiting for shuttles to return or voyage dilemma to pop up.

Star Truckerz
It's only my opinion but....

Comments

• Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Roxton wrote: »
    So if this has been covered before I apologise.
    I was thinking as i enjoy the missions so much.
    What happens when all missions are complete, well nothing you warp your way through them to get your components there is no point in redoing any of them.

So how about a reset ?
    By this i mean when a mission lets say Mission 1 The Art of War
    it has 126 stars when you have completed them the mission just sits there mocking you.
    so reset it to 0 stars and go again if you wish too.

I see two ways it could work.

1. Reset a completed mission for a cost say 5 Dil or maybe honour or merits.

If you are paying for the reset then all rewards are available again, you can then have some mission time back in the game and get rewards.

OR

2. Reset at no cost.

If a reset is at no cost then the rewards remain as they are with the node rewards already claimed. The payoff comes when all 126 stars have been reclaimed again and there is a final reward lets say some Dil

Possible Loot Table

Mission 1 50 Dil
    Mission 2 75 Dil
    mission 3 100 Dil

and so on.

This would give those of us who enjoy missions a reason to go back and redo them and would also give the game a nice little time filler whilst waiting for shuttles to return or voyage dilemma to pop up.

I actually like this idea a lot. I think, if something like this comes to pass, it should let players crit nodes for another chance at the rewards. This would give new players a chance to FF several of the 4* cards and veteran players a chance to FF Quinn.

I also think it should be something like: you complete ALL missions by criting all nodes, then you can reset ALL of them for free.
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @Lore's Data of Data's Lore

So you suggest a free reset but no change to the reward tables.
    Star Truckerz

• Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Yes, exactly. A "New Game Plus", if you will.
  • im confused will it be optional level resets you suggest or full 10 level reset after its completed?
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    @KHAN DB~DO WROSE RIP~FADM
    I was thinking after all ten are missions were complete you could reset them 1 by 1.
    in order 1 to 10 then when completed a second time around start again and again.
    Star Truckerz

• RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    It would of course be optional. No one forced to redo them.
    Star Truckerz

• Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Oh, of course. Especially if they (TP) decided to make it so warping was also reset. But, like you said, it would give players something to do, while they wait for shuttles, voyages, daily resets, and events.
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Woops, missed some of the replies.
    im confused will it be optional level resets you suggest or full 10 level reset after its completed?

What I am suggesting is an optional and complete reset, of all away missions and ship battles, for all episodes and distress calls.

This reset would only be available after all missions and distress calls are completed. Once reset, you are then able to re-complete them all for the same, original, rewards.

The reset would not reset anything else; I.E. your captain level.
  • Roxton wrote: »
    @KHAN DB~DO WROSE RIP~FADM
    I was thinking after all ten are missions were complete you could reset them 1 by 1.
    in order 1 to 10 then when completed a second time around start again and again.
    Woops, missed some of the replies.
    im confused will it be optional level resets you suggest or full 10 level reset after its completed?

What I am suggesting is an optional and complete reset, of all away missions and ship battles, for all episodes and distress calls.

This reset would only be available after all missions and distress calls are completed. Once reset, you are then able to re-complete them all for the same, original, rewards.

The reset would not reset anything else; I.E. your captain level.

seems there are two different opinions on it and thats what threw me will be intresting to see if they implement this whos idea they would build it from id be ok with it going either way seperate levels or full reset myself
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Admittedly doing the missions again should be a breeze 2nd time around. But it would be nice to have some more fun with them.
    Star Truckerz

• well itd make certain difficult bits for crew less annoying to aquire as well as it does get bothersome crossing fingers a faction shop has what youre looking for
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more I want something like this (my ideal version of it, anyway).

A "new game +". Start all missions from scratch (including loosing warp, until you clear all 3 stars again) for the ability to reclaim rewards (like Quinn).

Sure, it wouldn't be that hard (for most), but it would give us all something to do, if we so choose. And it would give us something to spend excess chrons on.
  • RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I still think this is a good idea.
    Star Truckerz

• Not just a good idea, but a way to add a lot more game content, without making new game content.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be against a map reset due to the chron invest required to unlock it, but by now I like the idea if the one-time rewards became available again.

Away missions are by far the best part of the game, and it seems like we will not get new ones or Expeditions any time soon. A reset could go a long way to make the game worthwhile again.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • I used to be against a map reset due to the chron invest required to unlock it, but by now I like the idea if the one-time rewards became available again.

Away missions are by far the best part of the game, and it seems like we will not get new ones or Expeditions any time soon. A reset could go a long way to make the game worthwhile again.

I could not agree more.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/