Home The Bridge

If someone needs Dilithium

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Is $49.99/9000 an almost good deal?

2nbz2jzcmc2g.png

Also, $14.99/1800 up to three times.

dpxxzwp9q8km.png

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Nautica1402Nautica1402 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You get 10.700 dil for $100 so the 9000 dil for $50 does it for me
    You also get 950 dil for $10, or 2000 dil for $20, so i would hard pass the $15 offer
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, @DScottHewitt , I passed on the small one. I tend to use @Dirk Gunderson ’s valuations, because the way he outlines those makes sense to me.

That being said, the big offer is a bargain for players who buy dilithium. 🖖

EDIT: plus what @MetalNauticAdmiral said. Yo!
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho, the small offer is bad. Not HORRIBLE, but bad.

The big offer is OK, but still not worth going after.

YRMV, of course.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, DScottHewitt , I passed on the small one. I tend to use "Dirk Gunderson" ’s valuations, because the way he outlines those makes sense to me.

EDIT: plus what MetalNauticAdmiral said. Yo!

Wow, thanks!

I did like the $50 deal - 9000 dil (plus VIP bonuses) for half the usual price of 8200 dil (plus VIP bonuses) is nice indeed and it was my birthday present to myself.

I wasn’t sold on the $15 offer, even with the higher purchase limit. For $5 less than the other offer, you get 40% less dilithium in total. Here’s how the 120 dil per dollar compars to the nearest normal dilithium store offerings:

1) $20/1500 price point - 75 dil per dollar
    2) $10/700 price point - 70 dil per dollar
    3) $100/8200 price point - 82 dil per dollar

Even against the best usual price point, rather than just the nearest, it is almost 50% better than what’s usually offered. For comparison purposes, the $50 offer is about 120% better.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, DScottHewitt , I passed on the small one. I tend to use "Dirk Gunderson" ’s valuations, because the way he outlines those makes sense to me.

Wow, thanks!

I did like the $50 deal - 9000 dil (plus VIP bonuses) for half the usual price of 8200 dil (plus VIP bonuses) is nice indeed and it was my birthday present to myself.

I wasn’t sold on the $15 offer, even with the higher purchase limit. For $5 less than the other offer, you get 40% less dilithium in total. Here’s how the 120 dil per dollar compars to the nearest normal dilithium store offerings:

Even against the best usual price point, rather than just the nearest, it is almost 50% better than what’s usually offered. For comparison purposes, the $50 offer is about 120% better.

I love that we have people here who can do the maths for us, like you!!!!!

🖖👍😁👍🖖

It still messes with my head that if Product A has 33% more than Product B, then Product B has 25% less than Product A.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I bought the cheaper offer (just once) even though it's pretty bad, because I really needed just a wee bit of dil. The other offer, despite it being a better deal, is more money than I am ready to spend at the moment. Something that split the difference at $24.99 would've hit the sweet spot — assuming it was as good a value.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Wow, thanks!

Told you he was wicked smart, @DScottHewitt . 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • think ill stick to the 4 bux and 10 bux on cards and campaigns for now not ready to go buying dils in numbers like that only tend to use em for refilling voyages and a couple extra dabo spins a day
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both miss my dil/$ rate, so they can keep it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to get goodies with my dilithium. To date, the Leap Day offer and monthly cards are the only straight dilithium purchases that I've made, iirc.

My valuation is the $50 deal gets about 23 recap packs. That isn't good enough to get me to bite. (That's even if I weren't on a spending freeze.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • I dipped in the 9k offer, as I was able to use a voucher, and had a few pulls of the 490 packs which got me another 2 stars on torpedo McCoy, and used the campaign cite to FF him.
  • Rent/mortgage paid up
    Groceries paid up
    Insurance paid up
    Savings paid in
    If you got it to spend and you want the dilithium...go big or Bank it. 🙂