Home Engineering Room
Options

Still able to run event missions after event end (including shared crew)

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had four transmissions still open after the event was over. I couldn't remember if those usually go away, or if they sit there until they naturally expire, but I'd thought they normally disappeared once the Faction event ended. In any case, I decided to open them up. They still showed 4000 VP as a reward, but even stranger, when I thought I'd try to actually run them, it let me use the shared crew from my squad leader in one of the slots. They are currently running, and still show that 4000 VP as a "Possible Reward".

Having them still sitting there, usable, after an event is one thing. But still being able to use the shared crew is just bizarre.

A fleetmate also found the same thing. But if it matters, I'm running STT on Steam on Windows 7 64-bit (yes, I know, but Windows 10 can go fly a kite, and until I decide if I want to switch to Linux, this is what all my programs run on :p ).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they just act like normal Faction runs, except that they will show 1:00 (1 minute) and 99% when seats are full until your hit "Send Shuttle" button, then they revert to the normal time. They probably still give you Event points, but they don't count for anything.

This is not a bug, it has been like that for years.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No, they just act like normal Faction runs, except that they will show 1:00 (1 minute) and 99% when seats are full until your hit "Send Shuttle" button, then they revert to the normal time. They probably still give you Event points, but they don't count for anything.

This is not a bug, it has been like that for years.

But have they let you use shared crew in the past? Those shouldn't still be available, should they?

akn4c3rml5ap.jpg

They also showed giving a "bonus" for bonus crew, and mine didn't display 1 minute when I opened them. They were 3 hours when opened, and 3 hours when sent, and they also didn't go to 99% with the first crew (or the last crew) — the last one, a 5-seater, only got to a little above 80%, with a skill boost on it.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"