Home The Bridge
Options

Setup for this skirmish

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
My crew don't activate as I want them to in auto mode. What is the best setup for this skirmish? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do we have to work with? Are we talking Krayton and Killy here?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crew don't activate as I want them to in auto mode. What is the best setup for this skirmish? Thank you.

You have to look at the initiation cooldown. They will fire off as they come active. Ones with the same timing, will trip left to right.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    This is a list of top ship ability crew. It's not comprehensive or all-inclusive, but it's a starting point. For those who want help putting together a skirmish crew, then it may be helpful to list which of these you have.

(List courtesy of the 10FH family of fleets)

LEGENDARY
    Killy: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Commandant: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Fury Kes: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Garth of Izar: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Kirk: 6s (cloak trigger) Accuracy bonus + 500% instant damage
    Polywater Yar: 2s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Locutus: 1s Attack Bonus
    Mirror Spock: 1s Accuracy bonus + passive stats
    Admiral Nechayev: 4s Attack bonus + 10k Crit Bonus
    FO Burnham: 12s Evasion + 400% instant damage
    Covert Operative Leland: 8s Attack bonus + 400% instant damage
    Sabateur Garak: 8s 400% instant damage, fits in the ENG slot
    Survivalist Kirk: 8s Accuracy bonus + 400% instant damage
    Torpedo Surgeon McCoy: 4s Accuracy bonus + 150% instant damage
    Enemy Lines Sisko: 8s Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage
    Suus Mahna Sarek: 10s Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage

SUPER RARE
    Prisoner O'Brien: 4s Attack bonus + 5k crit bonus
    Ardra: 6s Accuracy bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Undercover O'Brien: 6s Evasion bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Mirror Leeta: 4s Accuracy bonus + 1,500 crit rating
    S31 Georgiou: 8s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Duras Sisters: 12s Attack bonus
    Thot Gor: 10s Attack bonus

RARE
    Kang: Attack Bonus
    Mirror "Smiley" O'Brien Evasion, shield repair, and passive stats
    Tourist Worf: 10s (cloak trigger) Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

You have to look at the initiation cooldown. They will fire off as they come active. Ones with the same timing, will trip left to right.

If they give the same stat boost (attack, accuracy, or evasion), then they will not duplicate an existing bonus. They will wait for the first to wear off, then trigger the next one. In the case of bonus abilities (crit rating, crit bonus, instant damage, etc.), the crew will fire regardless of active stat boosts. (Hope this makes sense.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Thank you. It is more than just firing off when available. It doesn't fire my baseball Ezri. She is always late.
  • Options
    Thank you. It is more than just firing off when available. It doesn't fire my baseball Ezri. She is always late.

She is attack bonus only. Many ships will already have an attack bonus at 6s. My post above, clarifying Scott's post, is my (possibly unclear) explanation. You'll either want to trigger her manually or consider a different crew for that slot.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

If they give the same stat boost (attack, accuracy, or evasion), then they will not duplicate an existing bonus. They will wait for the first to wear off, then trigger the next one. In the case of bonus abilities (crit rating, crit bonus, instant damage, etc.), the crew will fire regardless of active stat boosts. (Hope this makes sense.)

I'm running Dorka Dorka Ferengi Yeehaw, with Garth, Tholian Prisoner {Event Crew}, Talk to the Hand Sarek, and the Witch of Wurna Minor.

All over in seconds.

This is a list of top ship ability crew. It's not comprehensive or all-inclusive, but it's a starting point. For those who want help putting together a skirmish crew, then it may be helpful to list which of these you have.

(List courtesy of the 10FH family of fleets)

LEGENDARY
    Killy: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Commandant: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Fury Kes: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Garth of Izar: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Kirk: 6s (cloak trigger) Accuracy bonus + 500% instant damage
    Polywater Yar: 2s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Locutus: 1s Attack Bonus
    Mirror Spock: 1s Accuracy bonus + passive stats
    Admiral Nechayev: 4s Attack bonus + 10k Crit Bonus
    FO Burnham: 12s Evasion + 400% instant damage
    Covert Operative Leland: 8s Attack bonus + 400% instant damage
    Sabateur Garak: 8s 400% instant damage, fits in the ENG slot
    Survivalist Kirk: 8s Accuracy bonus + 400% instant damage
    Torpedo Surgeon McCoy: 4s Accuracy bonus + 150% instant damage
    Enemy Lines Sisko: 8s Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage

SUPER RARE
    Prisoner O'Brien: 4s Attack bonus + 5k crit bonus
    Ardra: 6s Accuracy bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Undercover O'Brien: 6s Evasion bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Mirror Leeta: 4s Accuracy bonus + 1,500 crit rating
    S31 Georgiou: 8s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Duras Sisters: 12s Attack bonus
    Thot Gor: 10s Attack bonus

RARE
    Kang: Attack Bonus
    Mirror "Smiley" O'Brien Evasion, shield repair, and passive stats
    Tourist Worf: 10s (cloak trigger) Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage

Talk to the Hand Sarek has the non-Conditional 400% Sledgehammer, as well.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Suus_Mahna_Sarek

Ten second Initialize.

Garth was the Recurring Legendary in a Mega. I Can't Believe it's not Gunpowder Kirk was a gift to everyone playing at the time. So was Talk to the Hand Sarek.

Three non-Conditional Sledgehammers were easily accessible if players were playing at the right time......

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current set up is the Discovery with (left to right) Ardra, Garth, Killy and Suspiria. It's blowing through the battles.
  • Options
    Thank you, @DScottHewitt . I added Sarek to my list.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running
    D'Kora Krayton
    Captain Killy
    Covert Operative Leland
    Jett Reno
    Activated Dahj

Usually the battle is over before Dahj even activates.
  • Options
    I decided to go a tad unconventional.
    Valdore
    Polywater Yar
    RP Kirk
    RP Commandant
    Mirror Tholian

Sometimes the Tholian doesn't even trigger. And on rare occasions, RP Kirk makes the final shot and RP Commandant doesn't even fire. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Running
    D'Kora Krayton
    Captain Killy
    Covert Operative Leland
    Jett Reno
    Activated Dahj

If that's the case, you might want to replace Dahj with Suspiria or Kestra so you can get the maximum bonus. Legit forgot Dahj was bonus crew this week. I cant decide if I'm more in need of sleep or a stiff drink.
  • Options
    I had a little time at lunch to test. I'm using the Frengi ship with Dahj, Mademoiselle de Neuf, Commandant, and Garth. It does not play it as I would, but the fights are very brief and I don't take any significant damage.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Running
    D'Kora Krayton
    Captain Killy
    Covert Operative Leland
    Jett Reno
    Activated Dahj

If that's the case, you might want to replace Dahj with Suspiria or Kestra so you can get the maximum bonus.

That should already give the max bonus. You don't have to activate the event crew, you only need to have them on the ship.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Running
    D'Kora Krayton
    Captain Killy
    Covert Operative Leland
    Jett Reno
    Activated Dahj

I cant decide if I'm more in need of sleep or a stiff drink.

Yes. 😁
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of us put our heads together before the event and tried to devise the best setup to take advantage of the auto-battle protocols (ie picking crew with specific cooldowns and arranging them left-to-right so they fire in the correct sequence) and I have to say, I think we absolutely NAILED IT first try, the fights are super fast and everything fires in the correct sequence.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Pike's ENT because I have it fully leveled and wanted to see how it faired as an Event boosted ship (which is pretty rare) – results were HORRIBLE!

Went back to one of my 2 norms, and I have been absolutely blowing through battles in 2-3 seconds all day. I barely get to the 3x speed and the battle is over!

Shenzhou
    Dahj
    Killy
    Tenavik
    Covert Op Leland

(All FF/FE except Dahj)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    A few of us put our heads together before the event and tried to devise the best setup to take advantage of the auto-battle protocols (ie picking crew with specific cooldowns and arranging them left-to-right so they fire in the correct sequence) and I have to say, I think we absolutely NAILED IT first try, the fights are super fast and everything fires in the correct sequence.

Care to share?
  • Options
    My Skirmish setup:

T'Ong w/ T'Kuvma, Dahj, Suus Mahna Sarek, Wrathful Khan

3x speed and Auto On
  • Options
    Mine seems to be working ok.

Pike's Enterprise using the Tholian Prisoner, RAF O'Brien, Warship EMA, and Scientist Degra.
    3x speed and Auto On.

I take a bit of damage, but not much.
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Care to share?

I do not mind, but I'm not sure it is my idea to share. I participated in the think tank but it was @Prime Lorca [10F] who really made the breakthrough so I'd feel better with his blessing first.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The handful of round I’ve completed have all been real smooth thanks to this setup:

L10 D’Kora Krayton
    Immortal Mountaineer Spock
    4/5* FE Killy
    3/5* FE RPC
    1/5* L50 Dahj

There have been a couple of instances where the Reliant was able to shave off just a little bit of hull but the other battles have been slam dunks.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Care to share?

I do not mind, but I'm not sure it is my idea to share. I participated in the think tank but it was @Prime Lorca [10F] who really made the breakthrough so I'd feel better with his blessing first.

I've no problem sharing. :) Folks will have different crew, so this won't work for everyone.

Krayton
    Killy
    Torpedo Surgeon McCoy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Tholian Prisoner or Activated Dahj

I don't think it's the fastest setup, but it is consistent when used on auto.

I've been playing around other ships and crew. Here's a few other consistent line-ups:

Pike's Enterprise
    Tenavik
    Killy
    Fury Kes
    Activated Dahj

Valdore
    Polywater Yar
    RP Kirk
    RP Commandant
    Tholian Prisoner

Borg Cube
    Kestra
    Garth of Izar
    Noah Hippocrates
    Locutus

Given the available 3x speed, just having something consistent should be sufficient. A couple seconds at normal speed won't make much difference at 3x speed. Hopefully most people will have the proper roster for one of the line-ups above. If not, I'm always happy to help. :)

Edit:
    I recommend having one of the following fully fused to max out damage during skirmishes:
    Locutus
    Polywater Yar
    Killy
    Rura Penthe Commandant
    Fury Kes
    Garth of Izar
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I have now finished enough battles to decide that it really doesn't matter. With the x3, the difference between a ten second battle and a seven second battle is almost non-existent. And while I tried so hard in other skirmishes to maintain a ship with no hull damage, these rounds go by so quickly that it really doesn't matter. I am completing an entire round of skirmishes in the time it used to take for one battle.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Since I have Lorca's blessing, here is the setup I've been running for 100% smooth, simple, and decisive victories using the automatic ship battle protocols to full effect.

SHIP: D'Kora Krayton

SEAT 1 (command): Suspiria (3/5): Here for bonus points.
    SEAT 2 (engineering): Torpedo Surgeon McCoy (5/5): +8 Accuracy, 250% Instant Damage.
    SEAT 3 (diplomacy): Locutus of Borg (5/5): +9 Attack.
    SEAT 4 (security): Rura Penthe Commandant (3/5): 400% Instant Damage.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Second 1.0: Locutus, +9 Attack
    Second 4.0: (Ship Ability) Power Surge, -2 to all cooldowns
    Second 4.1: (Ship Ability) Fire Electromagnetic Pulse, Accuracy +2, 350% Instant Damage
    Second 4.2: Torpedo McCoy, +8 Accuracy, 250% Instant Damage
    Second 4.3: RPC, 400% Instant Damage

THE IDEA:
    Locutus goes off first right out of the gate and boosts all future attacks by +9, all attacks hit with the increases to accuracy, and a total of 3 instant damage attacks finish the job quickly since they are massively boosted for both damage and accuracy.

SUBSTITUTIONS:
    1. Polywater Yar is better for the third seat, but not enough to really matter. If you have her at 5/5, use her instead.
    2. Killy, Garth, or any other 6 second 400% instant damage crew will work in the 4th seat (security) regardles of FF status, since the +9 Attack from Locutus/Yar will cover the +Attack here.
    3. Any event crew works in the first seat. I chose Suspiria because she initializes at 8 seconds and is therefore skipped over to get to the 6 second people. Just make sure your event crew here have a 7 second or higher initialize time so they do not interfere with the automatic setup.
  • Options
    I'm using the Krayton with Killy/Butter Kirk/Garth/Dahj, and so far so good.
  • Options
    I am using Pike's Enterprise, Killy, Reno, Keeper, adtivated Dahj
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    ... um. So, I built a spreadsheet for this. It’s over in the Ready Room.

Pike’s ship works fine for me with the right crew. I keep swapping the MED, but I am not interested enough to optimize for speed.

x3p7rrbxs951.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I've been experimenting. The short answer is that with the speed up, it makes effectively no difference, but I swapped out my accuracy crew (usually Mademoiselle de Neuf) for a higher attack crew (more recently Baseball Ezri, but I switched back to Mountaineer Spock who seems to work better automated). I also tested Super Orange Guy instead of my shiny new Dahj. This is a generally effective setup with my power hitters Garth and Commandant.
    1m29l7vsty6i.jpg
  • Options
    I swapped out Mountaineer Spock for Locutus. It is more effective against the Reliant.