Home The Bridge

Ship schematics, arena rewards, new ships - feedback (title edited ~Shan)

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in The Bridge
Hey TP, what’s the point of cranking out new ship after new ship if you never update the arena schedule so we can actually finish and use any of them? We’re just repeating the same arena schedule from last year. By the time the current schedule plays out, that means it’s been what, at least 17 months since the last time the schedule was updated?

Meanwhile, next month marks the third time the Shenzhou has been run in arena, a ship so old it’s been in Dabo for what, at least a year? You think maybe it’s time to consider updating drop rates in arena, updating the schematics in Dabo, updating schematics in daily rewards, updating schematics quantities in premium packs, updating the arena schedule, or maybe even all of the above? Because 2+ years to max out ships isn’t exactly awesome for players.

Right now we’ve got 6 legendary ships that have never even been run once in arena, with a 7th now on the way. By the time some of those get a second run in arena, they’re likely to have been in the game for more than 3 years. I mean if you guys think it should take 3 years to max out a ship, so be it. But personally, I think it’s pretty awful.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also time to add some more ships to portals.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    To add to the "what’s the point"

It's amazing to me they don't offer these in cash offers when they debut them.

They would almost certainly get more people willing to pay $50-$100 for 3-4 24.99 offers for 1500-2000 schematics each to max the ship. Right now, they have to get almost no one willing to pay ~1000 dil per 150 schematics. In the three years of new ships while I've been playing they haven't even tested this out to see how it goes over.

Well, WRG/TP has changed some things. Maybe they will test some of these ideas out.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I can hear the answer now: "we agree this is an issue, but its not a priority right now......" :p

I'm 99% sure Shan did not mean for that response to come across as dismissive as it sounded. Just poor phrasing.......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

They would almost certainly get more people willing to pay $50-$100 for 3-4 24.99 offers for 1500-2000 schematics each to max the ship. Right now, they have to get almost no one willing to pay ~1000 dil per 150 schematics. In the three years of new ships while I've been playing they haven't even tested this out to see how it goes over.

It would have to be a guaranteed offer, nothing like what DB did when the ISS Defiant was released that only maybe dropped new schematics.
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭

In the beginning there was such an offer. 6000 schematics for 26 €. You could built your ship to level 7
  • Schems we need badly:

Assimilated Voyager
    Enterprise A
    Enterprise E
    Federation Fighter
    Jem Hedar Flagship
    The Artifact

La Sirena

Hirogen 2 star

There is enough there to update the rewards, why keep the same old ships???
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hear the answer now: "we agree this is an issue, but its not a priority right now......" :p

I'm 99% sure Shan did not mean for that response to come across as dismissive as it sounded. Just poor phrasing.......

I know, that's why i put the " :p" at the end :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭

This gave me a giggle. Also I wish the text emojis stayed lol.

This gave me a giggle. Also I wish the text emojis stayed lol.

8731ksnkyddr.jpg

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🦄🦃🦩🦚🦢🕊️🦜🦒🐮🦓👽🤖🍱🍕🤡🧕🥳🙄😭⚕️😻
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SkittishSlothSkittishSloth ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The ship upgrade mechanism greatly disappointed me when I started playing. Cool - go on missions to get equipment and stuff to build equipment for crew. Get trainers to level them up. Get another copy to add a star. That's all awesome - you can control (to some extent) how good your crew is.

Ships? Wait to randomly accumulate a few thousand schematics. No upgrades, no leveling, just get them in Dabo (maybe), as a random drop on a voyage (maybe), as a random drop in a pack (maybe). There's no where to farm a warp reactor upgrade, no where to research more efficient phasers, no way for me to have any control over it at all.

Every other game I've ever played with space ships were either no customization/upgrade at all, just move and shoot and get something better at a specific point in the game, or had *some* means of improving the ships at your pace, not at the whim of RNGesus.

The ships don't have a lot of impact on gameplay - just ship battles and an AM base for voyages - and I get that any kind of other upgrade system would be pretty complicated. But the arena might be worth paying attention to if I knew I could actually do something to improve my ship instead of just hoping I get a Killy in my next begold.

Edit: many hours later I see a rather stupid autocorrect...
  • Why not during a Midweek event, there was only one long ago. I thought these kinds of challenges were going to be offered frequently with various types of rewards like ship schematics. It was the only real development in a year, what a disappointment.
  • Even ranking top 5% in arena (which means you need a good maxed ship and good arena crew already) only gets you to 8/10 when you didn't have that ship yet. Why not update the 2 part dilemmas to give some other schematics too? Or even better, for the sake of new players start with ship 1 schematics until that is maxed, switch to ship 2, then ship 3 and so on. Of course someone has to make sure there is an option in the end, not that we get the same error when a voyage runs out of dilemmas. I wonder why *that* hasn't been fixed yet.