Home Ready Room

Can anyone share a formula for calculating Voyage time?

Hello,
I'm working on a new project to help me work out the best possible crew for a given Voyage. I know several such tools exist already but I'm interested in a raw formula that I can use myself to calculate Voyage time.

(If you also have anything for shuttle maths, that would be great too)

Feel free to DM me if you like.

Many thanks,

Comments

• You've probably already seen this, but Ray's Law of Ten Hour Voyages has some good info. Not quite a formula - at least, nothing that comes out very quick and easy anyways - but with a little imagination and neural elbow grease you should be able to figure something out.

I *thought* the Voyage Tool pinned here in Ready Room was open source and you could go over that, but I don't see any links in the original post pointing to source code. I know I've seen something like it on GitHub though. Maybe go there and search for STT? I know I found other stuff that wasn't necessarily voyage related, but I also wasn't looking for voyage stuff either.

Good luck!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one, but I never saved it. The link above for ten hour voyages is good. For 8 hours, I always went with eight thousand on the primary and secondary and as close to four thousand as I could for all the others. I don't remember what I used to do for 6 hour or 4 hour. Basically, the primary and secondary should be as high as you can and double or triple everything else.
  • Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • I also gave that info to Stellar like 3 years ago.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @Xanathar , I came up with a rough formula to help me decide whether to recall at T=8 hours or let it ride to T=10:

AM = 12980 – 488*T –
    [(9/14)*(gold+silver)/2] > 0 ,
    where the sum of the bronzes? is >= 22K.

That is based on some back-of-the-envelope math (literally), using the 35-25-10-10-10-10 breakdown for skillchecks:

y2nlarrs0kkx.jpg
    🖖
    EDIT: clarity & error correction *facepalm*
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust