Home The Bridge

Homesteader J and double your crew

I haven’t paid close enough attention to when and how the Double Your Crew offer shows up to know the rules.

I just got my first Homesteader J from achievements and no offer popped up. I did not have any existing DYC offers up.

Is that normal or a glitch?

Comments

• 24 hour cool down for DYC. Only the first 12 hours is the offer visible, then it disappears but the cooldown is still in effect.
  • RuggerRugger ✭✭
    I believed the same thing until last week when a DYC popped 30 minutes after the DYC offer disappeared. I would like to know the exact rules to DYC as well. It seems there are different rules for a crew card you win in an event and one you obtain through pack openings
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s 24 hours from the time the offer was triggered, not when it was bought. If you have had one pop up less than 12 hours from when the last one disappeared it could be the internet connection not updating your app constantly to make the old one go away eight when it expired without it getting a clicked. But I’ve timed these enough and take screenshots for a time stamp every time i trigger one that I’m ver sure of the 24 hours.

I botched triggering my first one on janeway by being about 10 minutes early. Claimed the next one 2 hours later and past the 24 hour mark and it worked.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the info.

I might have still been on the clock from Susperia or Lenara Khan. I think it has been more than 24 hours since they were up, but can’t be certain. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the next one.

The cool down period seems odd. You would think they would be happy to get $24.99 as many times as you’re willing to give it to them.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceKat wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

I might have still been on the clock from Susperia or Lenara Khan. I think it has been more than 24 hours since they were up, but can’t be certain. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the next one.

The cool down period seems odd. You would think they would be happy to get $24.99 as many times as you’re willing to give it to them.

You would think that, but then again ... DB.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    If nothing else, if you get to choose from a number of different legendaries you just pulled, you might be more inclined to purchase one. If your only option is the first one, maybe less inclined?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool down used to be 72 hours.
  • I waited claiming Lenara from the campaign so the DYC would pop for Janeway from the temporary achievements. I also avoided doing any portal pulls and played less gauntlet and failed rounds deliberately.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    If you could buy as much as you want all the time some people would just buy everything at once and complain the game is boring. Their income would also be inconsistent. One month people would buy everything and the next month all that's left is the people who don't spend as much. Theoretically, the goal is to create system that maintains a predictable pattern of income over a long period to fund development. Potentially people could drop in a couple times and top up their inventory to keep up. But if they aren't trained to the habit of playing, can you trust they won't just get bored and find a new game? (Hopefully this old joke is still relevant) The trick is to cut a small piece of the end of the monkey's tail and hope he recovers fast and doesn't notice. If you cut off his tail all at once you never know what could happen...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be the opposite of you. I'm waiting until all three Janeways are ready to claim them at the same time as claiming my next gold from an event. That way I only have the pop-up once. I wish there were a way to turn off the pop-up.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    vickyjona wrote: »
    I waited claiming Lenara from the campaign so the DYC would pop for Janeway from the temporary achievements. I also avoided doing any portal pulls and played less gauntlet and failed rounds deliberately.

I'm probably gonna wait until I have all three Achievements, and DYC is available. That way, only get the DYC for her once. I usually also wait until I am past Tier 80 to buy Campaign, for similar reasons.....
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I may be the opposite of you. I'm waiting until all three Janeways are ready to claim them at the same time as claiming my next gold from an event. That way I only have the pop-up once. I wish there were a way to turn off the pop-up.

Or select which Legendary, if you get more than one close together. But, not sure if that would be a coding nightmare.
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    I'm probably gonna wait until I have all three Achievements, and DYC is available. That way, only get the DYC for her once. I usually also wait until I am past Tier 80 to buy Campaign, for similar reasons.....

I get the campaign at level 20, so I can start leveling the premium crew member. That way, by the time I hit campaign level 80, they are FE if not FF and ready to get to work.

I only have 1 Homie J. so far, but she’s level 90 and climbing. She’ll be FE next time I pop a supply kit.
    All Shuttle Missions done before the Faction Event.......

bzpeuca6ainy.png
    And then there was a Skirmish on.......

watqumrye8he.png
    08iahf2gupen.png
    kw23zdky2at9.png

Which led to another Achievement:

87c346gxx077.png

• MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    !

watqumrye8he.png
    08iahf2gupen.png
    kw23zdky2at9.png

87c346gxx077.png

Awesome work!
    !

watqumrye8he.png
    08iahf2gupen.png
    kw23zdky2at9.png

87c346gxx077.png

Awesome work!

Thanx. Jumped her in line, because more Med. Did the DYC when I claimed all three Achievements, then used the Citation from Campaign.