Home Engineering Room
Options

Sound Level Resets Itself

This has been an ongoing problem forever, and CS just said, “idk”.

On both android and iOS, the game resets its volume to full on relaunching the app. When you go to settings to fix it, the wee slider is still at 0, so you have to turn it up and off again.

Is a fix in the works? I can’t be the only one experiencing this...

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this reported a few times, but not in a widespread manner.
    It is very inconsistent and so far I have not seen any commonalities that would allow to track the issue down.

What devices are you using, and how often does it happen?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I only have experienced it when starting an ad its for 1-2 seconds full sound and then silent again, as the usual setting(in game and ipad) is. And its not always the case. Havn t figured a pattern yet?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    =j= Zathras=j= Zathras ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It happens consistently when I switch between audio outputs. For example, if I'm also using my device to stream music to a bluetooth speaker or switch that same output off, it will happen. I haven't bothered to report it because I assumed it'd be written off as user error. I think user specified changes to these settings should be held by the server, but it seems like it's only cached by the client and if it doesn't match up with the server it just assumes some kind of default. I just accept it and constantly am having to go in there and slide the volume slider up and down. If it would be fixed, that'd be nice, though.

Also, note, it happens to me regardless of whether I'm restarting the app or not. It happens when I've switched the audio to or fro various outputs, such as bluetooth to not-bluetooth, etc.

Android, OS version 10, Pixel 3XL
  • Options
    It seems to happen if you are using a blue tooth device.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens consistently when I switch between audio outputs. For example, if I'm also using my device to stream music to a bluetooth speaker or switch that same output off, it will happen. I haven't bothered to report it because I assumed it'd be written off as user error. I think user specified changes to these settings should be held by the server, but it seems like it's only cached by the client and if it doesn't match up with the server it just assumes some kind of default. I just accept it and constantly am having to go in there and slide the volume slider up and down. If it would be fixed, that'd be nice, though.

Also, note, it happens to me regardless of whether I'm restarting the app or not. It happens when I've switched the audio to or fro various outputs, such as bluetooth to not-bluetooth, etc.

Android, OS version 10, Pixel 3XL

Me too
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    It is very inconsistent and so far I have not seen any commonalities that would allow to track the issue down.

Android Pixel 3a, on which I’m constantly switching between assorted Bluetooth devices, and the phone speaker itself (noticing others said Bluetooth),

On the iPad though (last gen, I forget what model exactly) I never use Bluetooth. The actual radio is as off as I can make it. The only time I unmute the device at all is special, occasional video watching moments. Then I inevitably forget to mute the thing again, bop on over to STT, and scare the crap out of myself.

Both devices have current OS and software versions.

Bluetooth is a good thought, but it doesn’t make sense to me that the wee slider can be at zero, yet there’s sound coming out. I don’t know anything about how these devices route audio, but it smells to me like a software issue, not a device issue.

Thanks!

• Options
    Shan wrote: »

Android Pixel 3a, on which I’m constantly switching between assorted Bluetooth devices, and the phone speaker itself (noticing others said Bluetooth),

On the iPad though (last gen, I forget what model exactly) I never use Bluetooth. The actual radio is as off as I can make it. The only time I unmute the device at all is special, occasional video watching moments. Then I inevitably forget to mute the thing again, bop on over to STT, and scare the crap out of myself.

Both devices have current OS and software versions.

Bluetooth is a good thought, but it doesn’t make sense to me that the wee slider can be at zero, yet there’s sound coming out. I don’t know anything about how these devices route audio, but it smells to me like a software issue, not a device issue.

Thanks!

The only time I have had the issue is when I have any blue tooth device turned on,
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used happen to me when I connected my lovely pair of bluetooth headphones. (Samsung S10+). It happened on previous phones as well. It seemed to set the app volume to one of the phone volumes (media).

It could be the phone thinking that when you connect headphones, you want to listen to all the noise coming from phones, so tells the app to turn the noise on.

I use an app called "Sound Assistant" (for Galaxy phones) to completely kill the noise coming from STT, and the problems has gone away.
  • Options
    =j= Zathras=j= Zathras ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I'll have to try something like that--i.e. find a similar app.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this happen every time I switch from my internal speaker (S10+) to my blutooth headset. The volume is always on from the game in my headset even though it was just off on the internal speaker. In the game it still shows as off.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!