Home Make It So!
Options

Please add method(s) of Rare Citations gaining

kobakoba ✭✭✭
There is relatively easy way to gain Super Rare and Legendary Citations: Campaigns. I bought Premium Reward Row in every Campaign so far, even when I had that Legendary Crewmember already immortalized. And I never regret it.

But PLEASE, could you consider adding some way of gaining Rare Honorable Citation as well (other than direct buying in Honor Hall)? For example in that Campaign Premium Row, or elsewhere... there are many options.

Does anyone else consider this a good idea?
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good idea particularly for newer players. Most of us who have been playing for 2+ years have already immortalized all of the rare characters, and the honor cost of rare citations is fairly affordable, but I agree it's odd that there's no citation help for new players the way there is for super rare and legendaries that particularly help the long-term players.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I've offered a suggestion to the developers before with a similar request. Got praised and rewarded for the idea, but so far it's never come to fruition.

My specific idea was this: offer citations in squadron rewards in events since those rewards are currently very lame for most players. The higher rankings should offer higher level citations in the same way the replicator rations are being distributed.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Slick wrote: »
    I've offered a suggestion to the developers before with a similar request. Got praised and rewarded for the idea, but so far it's never come to fruition.

My specific idea was this: offer citations in squadron rewards in events since those rewards are currently very lame for most players. The higher rankings should offer higher level citations in the same way the replicator rations are being distributed.

This is logical.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also see those Rare Citations in some earlier episode nodes (would require an update to episodes), so a new captain could easily and early on get two extra stars for Commanding Officer Sisko who is a freebie for renaming the player character.

Another source for Rare Citations could be the campaign (purrhaps instead of credits in two tiers overall, so two Rare Citations purr campaign). Uncommon citations are rather easy with 500 Honor (less than a day of collecting with a good fleet and daily targets).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")