Home Engineering Room
Options

Displaced Gabrielle Burnham Bonus Ability Space Battle Auto Play issue

I folks. I have been playing Displaced Gabrielle Burnham in Space Battles for their repair Hull by 25% Bonus Ability. However, it appears, that when I play the battle in 'Auto On' mode, the character's Bonus Ability does not activate, while other characters fire off as soon as they become available. Is this my imagination, a feature, or a bug? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I think it depends on if the repair skill is needed or not.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still can manually activate it anytime, regardless if auto mode is on.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some crew do not seem to work as well in auto mode. I'm running Commandant, Tanis, Locutus, and Garth. Each battle is quick and I've never taken damage.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the first auto-skirmish, I assumed auto mode was going to fail, since it never activated 1701 Dax in the arena. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it worked perfectly for my skirmish ship (which is not the same as my arena lineup).

Yes, any crew can be activated manually at any time, but it is odd that auto mode seemingly works for most crew but not all crew. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    i have ship repairs not working on auto aswell, pretty sure it does work when you actually have hull damage.with 100% hull repair is a waste so maybe the auto is a tiny bit smart lol
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    My Mirror Burnham doesn't want to auto-activate, and all she's got is attack bonus. Every battle requires manual intervention.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    I believe Shan said that auto-mode was not built to be "competitive", so it's basically like what the defender does. You should already know that defender activation is unintelligent.

Also keep in mind that unless there is a burst attack, most crew will not activate if there is a corresponding attack, accuracy, or evasion boost already active. If the attached arena ability (shield or hull repair) is not needed, it will also not activate until needed.

It would be nice if 4+ years into the game, there were company created tutorials and more transparency into how arena (and numerous other features) function, but I'm sure some other poster will be along to tell me how entitled I am to expect that. 🤷