Home The Bridge
Options

mild (stealth?) nerf for Desert Archer

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
I realize this is a bit late, and it really doesn't matter much either way, but just wanted to point out that Archer's SCI proficiency got mildly nerfed between Oct 2019 and July 2020.

From the Someone Like Me event announcement:
Desert Archer (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/09.
Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 852 (149-341), DIP 1218 (245-474), SCI 567 (69-177)
Traits: Human, Starfleet, Explorer, Telepath, Resourceful

My own spreadsheet (which is obviously the definitive resource!) from Desert Archer's first appearance (Fast as Light 2) matches the current event announcement.

From the current Wiki and Archer's July 2020 in-game stat profile:
CMD 852 (149–341)
DIP 1218 (245–474)
SCI 567 (55–157)

For what it's worth (which isn't much, I suppose).

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize this is a bit late, and it really doesn't matter much either way, but just wanted to point out that Archer's SCI proficiency got mildly nerfed between Oct 2019 and July 2020.

From the Someone Like Me event announcement:
    Desert Archer (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 07/09.
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 852 (149-341), DIP 1218 (245-474), SCI 567 (69-177)
    Traits: Human, Starfleet, Explorer, Telepath, Resourceful

My own spreadsheet (which is obviously the definitive resource!) from Desert Archer's first appearance (Fast as Light 2) matches the current event announcement.

From the current Wiki and Archer's July 2020 in-game stat profile:
    CMD 852 (149–341)
    DIP 1218 (245–474)
    SCI 567 (55–157)

For what it's worth (which isn't much, I suppose).

My sheet has the same 69-177 range. A curious change.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light the pitchforks!!!!!!

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Very sneaky, Ishmael!

"Something" got hold of Archer's personal information and set up some dodgy bank accounts in the Cayman Islands using his stolen ID...

Set Firewalls to maximum!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice catch. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Very sneaky, Ishmael!

"Something" got hold of Archer's personal information and set up some dodgy bank accounts in the Cayman Islands using his stolen ID...

Set Firewalls to maximum!

Perhaps he used "the Wall."

🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻😂😂
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's from his uniform. The wiki states that the 5* version should add a smidge of science proficiency but looking at the item now it shows just base science.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    He caught the 'Rona, brought his proficiency down... :s
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Mine I got yesterday is 💯, waiting for Reset tonight to Replicate the four pieces of gear. Ran through almost all my Chronitons bank that was left over getting him there.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    This took some digging but this is not a stealth nerf and it should get rectified, hopefully next week.

These crazy bugs. They always hit right before the Event the Crew is Bonus for. It's a variant of Murphy's Law.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a (small) proficiency discrepancy prior to an event where proficiencies are not involved...seems pretty minor to me. If it’s an involved fix, I’d almost rather see other more pressing bugs/issues receive attention first and let this sit a while.
  • Options
    It’s a (small) proficiency discrepancy prior to an event where proficiencies are not involved...seems pretty minor to me. If it’s an involved fix, I’d almost rather see other more pressing bugs/issues receive attention first and let this sit a while.

Yeah, it's not like removing the Section 31 Trait {intentionally} from a Section 31 Crew the week of a Section 31 Event.

Even if the Roll affected Shuttle Runs, the drop is not exactly huge.