Options

Star Trek Timelines Faction Event - Best Strategy to Start the Event

Comments

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a small variant of this for no good reason, just aesthetics:
    • Open 8, 8, and 7 shuttles.
    • Run just 1
    • After it completes, open a new one and start that. (It should take three minutes)
    • Run through all open shuttles.

This gives you 50 vp, which is a rounder number. :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I use a small variant of this for no good reason, just aesthetics:
    • Open 8, 8, and 7 shuttles.
    • Run just 1
    • After it completes, open a new one and start that. (It should take three minutes)
    • Run through all open shuttles.

This gives you 50 vp, which is a rounder number. :)

so just so I follow, the only difference than what was done in the video was 8,8,8 versus 8,8,7?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I do the 24 one minute missions, then Do 24 at 1.5 hours with 3 🌟 Boosts and Rental Tokens. Gets me going pretty quick.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to credit someone, but I no longer remember who showed me this. If they recall, let me know.

1. Open all missions possible.
    2. Run 11 of them.
    3. Open 11 missions.
    4. Run 1 mission not previously run.
    5. Reopen last mission (step 4) and run it a second time with 4* boost.
    6. Run the 11 missions from step 3 with 3* boosts.
    7. Run any remaining missions.

I've been using that strategy for about 3 years now. It works for me. I don't know how it compares to @eXo | SilverRose option 2, but it has worked for me.
  • Options
    Option 3 (the Paladin27 method - all credit be to him):
    Open max 1 minute missions
    Send and complete the same *one* shuttle mission using time boosts as they scale
    Stop when you hit 2 4* boosts
    Complete the remaining 1 minute missions

This option will yield lower VP than the others, but will also use fewer 3* boosts and will allow you to use lower rarity boosts as you scale.

I like that one because it is super easy to use on two accounts at once, with the others I always get something wrong. Just 2 small things that make this a bit easier:

- make sure to do some credits boost pulls from time to time because you need 4 2* boosts and they are quite rare.
    - choose a 3-Seater for the one mission you run til you have used 2 4* boosts. Saves a lot of crew placement ;)
  • Options
    Send and complete the same *one* shuttle mission using time boosts as they scale

This option will yield lower VP than the others, but will also use fewer 3* boosts and will allow you to use lower rarity boosts as you scale.

I've tended to use a variation on that, where I scale up two missions, but that could easily be a dumb move on my part.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does yield less vp now, but it lets you use the 3* boosts on higher value shuttles later, which should be more net vp later as long as you have a limited supply of the 3* boosts.

But the best part for me is the lack of scrolling, searching for mission names, and double checking vp points in the shuttle loot that a lot of the other ways need.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The secret to faction events is the same secret to all events. Try to get a better rank than other people. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, in case someone wants to do math:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events#Faction_Event

I use @Paladin 27 ’s method. I think the VP differential is roughly equivalent to 1 shuttle at 4K, but I could be wrong. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Obviously if you are a spender, then you can get better results with your wallet
  • Options
    Study this for the faction event tomorrow!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin’s option is great as long as you are paying attention. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to credit someone, but I no longer remember who showed me this. If they recall, let me know.

1. Open all missions possible.
    2. Run 11 of them.
    3. Open 11 missions.
    4. Run 1 mission not previously run.
    5. Reopen last mission (step 4) and run it a second time with 4* boost.
    6. Run the 11 missions from step 3 with 3* boosts.
    7. Run any remaining missions.

I've been using that strategy for about 3 years now. It works for me. I don't know how it compares to @eXo | SilverRose option 2, but it has worked for me.

I follow this one pretty much, but I do 2 missions @ steps 4 & 5, since shuttles 12 & 13 can be auto-completed with a 4* boost.

If a faction event has 3 factions with 8 missions, your 37-shuttle quick-start takes you to the 3,500 point shuttles.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned what I call the max/11/11 kickstart back when 4* time boosts were extremely rare (one might even say "super rare" - insert groan here) in my inventory. It is essentially Option 1 in SilverRose's list except without the two 2 hour missions. Specifically, open max, complete 11 (1 min), open 11 (1.5hrs), insta-complete 11 (3* boosts), complete remaining (1 min). For 24 mission faction events, you can get 35 successful missions and start the next wave at 2750 vp.

The other thing that I do: after completing the 35 missions, open 8 missions at 2750 vp and complete them in 90 min each with 3* boosts.

While obviously yielding lower overall vp (from skipping the 3500 vp level) than some other methods, the advantages are:

- not burning valuable 4* time boosts on low vp missions (save 'em for 4000 vp missions).
    - improves odds of getting to 4000 vp missions without any failures (2750 vp missions being run at a higher %success than 3500 vp missions would be).
    - because 2750 vp missions have higher %success, I can fill the first wave of seats on instinct before starting the mission/seat planning process. Gives me 3 hours to find the time to figure out my optimal faction and mission arrangements while still running high-success missions. Work obligations distract you from your STT spreadsheet - no worries! Family issues - no problem! Meal time - enjoy!
    - it works a bit better for mid-range crew rosters (like the one I had when I learned this approach), since you don't emerge from the kickstart and immediately start failing 3 out 4 missions.

PS - it occurs to me that I keep using "missions" instead of "shuttles". Eh, you all know what I mean.
  • Options
    Paladin’s option is great as long as you are paying attention. 🤦‍♂️

I feel like during events my phone doesnt get the notifications.
  • Options
    After my jump start.

2tx9nxkdm07n.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

So, I made my first attempt of the Paladin27 method today, and when I was "done" I was only at 2750vp missions rather than 3500vp... I'm guessing that means I was one (or two?) short on how many times I sent the original single mission, before going back and running the other 23? I thought I might have lost count in there somewhere...
  • Options
    I did something. I think I just invented Scott Method #2. Because I messed up what I did before.

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻