Home Ready Room
Options

Well, that's it, I guess I'm crazy then

Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Well, I refuse to believe you can't finish 1st in the Captain Division using the Avenger. I keep getting into the top 10, but can never beat the Sphere. The ppl using the Sphere consistently use the same ship setup (pic below). I've gotten as high as 3rd place, but can never beat #1.

Has anyone finished 1st in the Captain Division using the Avenger? If so, what crew setup did you use to defeat the Sphere?

Here is the setup for pretty much all the top Sphere players. It CAN be beat, I just don't know how yet.

3bbp4scatdcp.png
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never bothered. I have a setup that keeps me around place 2000 with very little maintenance, so I don't care enough to fight for ships I'll never use. Frankly, I should let it go, but I can't bring myself to do it.
  • Options
    It's a thing for me now. I have a goal to finish 1st in all 3 divisions, once each. I won't give up.
  • Options
    It's a thing for me now. I have a goal to finish 1st in all 3 divisions, once each. I won't give up.

I wish you the best.
  • Options
    I'm one of those cargo-cult players who just copied the front-runners' configurations because I'm not much for tinkering with PVP. Respect for trying something different!

Also, I fully encourage you to beat my sphere - you've got a chance because not all my crew are FF - but sadly I'm not in the top thousand...
  • Options
    I'm one of those cargo-cult players who just copied the front-runners' configurations because I'm not much for tinkering with PVP. Respect for trying something different!

Also, I fully encourage you to beat my sphere - you've got a chance because not all my crew are FF - but sadly I'm not in the top thousand...

haha, thx for the encouragement! I like to be my own person. Following the herd isn't my generation's thing.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lost to an Avenger before in the top 100, but I failed to take note of the crew. If it happens again, I will post a screenshot for you, @Darth Skippy .

Re: battle setup, I would try to match crew initializations with the battle actions’. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Yeah, I've tried many different setups. As I said, I've beaten many Spheres and gotten to Rank 3, but for some reason, I just can't beat that combination I posted. But there must be a way.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I lost 5/7, targeting the Avenger:
    v983mm4sbvut.png
    scjkhpqcy7g3.png
    9z8wi4fenmxj.png
    a1megma0gh83.png
    vf8m2ta6b68f.png
    wkn0zhbtbj53.png
    aatdmb0scskh.png
    🖖
    EDIT: I used auto-mode.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Is this what you're after?

9vsv0bh0dc7r.png
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Had 3 goes left

tjzffi46p1mn.png
  • Options
    Vid wrote: »
    Is this what you're after?

9vsv0bh0dc7r.png

Yeah. I don't have the Clown or Arda though. I'm using O'Brien instead of Arda for the same bonus.
  • Options
    Ardra has 16 accuracy instead of o'briens 15 evasion. That might make a difference.
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭

Yeah. I don't have the Clown or Arda though. I'm using O'Brien instead of Arda for the same bonus.

2 other Avengers currently top 10, one is using Ikat'ika, the other (Mirror?) Uhura for the accuracy boost. Neither using Ardra or O'Brien so maybe the high crit isn't that critical?
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    It may or may not be of interest that my alt using the Avenger is currently in 39th (used all 10 tickets today) with T'Mir - 4/4 L100, Ardra - 4/4 L90, The Clown - 2/4 L70, S31 Georgiou - 4/4 L60. Added the 4th star to Ardra today to make the jump inside top 2k and beyond.
  • Options
    It may or may not be of interest that my alt using the Avenger is currently in 39th (used all 10 tickets today) with T'Mir - 4/4 L100, Ardra - 4/4 L90, The Clown - 2/4 L70, S31 Georgiou - 4/4 L60. Added the 4th star to Ardra today to make the jump inside top 2k and beyond.

O'Brien's evasion stats and boost are better than the Clown's, so he should work better, but either way, I don't own the Clown, so it's moot. LOL. The Jem'hadar's Crit Boost is 13,000 less than O'Brien's as well.

There's got to be a set that I can use to win.
  • Options
    Winning is good, and I'm saving this thread in case I ever decide to try to win. But what setup in any ship is best for staying put.
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Winning is good, and I'm saving this thread in case I ever decide to try to win. But what setup in any ship is best for staying put.

Given that you can be offered as an opponent to any of the 500 places below you when they play, then it comes down to how often you are offered up in a slot that they'll take on. Fleet mates have said in the past they they look for certain crew either included or missing when selecting their opponents. On the whole I simply take the opponent on the right for the biggest jump up the ranks, your ship and crew are unimportant, if the RNG is with me then I will win.
  • Options
    I tend to lose 8 of 10 when attacking, but it sometimes takes me a week to drop a thousand places. That is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I think you are right that luck is the big factor; sometimes (rarely) I drop two thousand spots in s day. The basic Division is the easiest to stay. Everyone has the same setup so no one seems out specific opponents and the rewards are useless. I fight harder for maintaining in Admiral Division.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes, every day I get within the top 10 then get bounced to around rank 1,000. I'm in a perpetual limbo in the Admiral Division. I don't have Killy or Garth, and without them, I can't advance past the 10K rank.
  • Options

Given that you can be offered as an opponent to any of the 500 places below you when they play, then it comes down to how often you are offered up in a slot that they'll take on. Fleet mates have said in the past they they look for certain crew either included or missing when selecting their opponents. On the whole I simply take the opponent on the right for the biggest jump up the ranks, your ship and crew are unimportant, if the RNG is with me then I will win.

I do the same thing, but it's that one crew combo I posted at the top here that I just can't beat no matter what I do.
  • Options
    I have lost to an Avenger before in the top 100, but I failed to take note of the crew. If it happens again, I will post a screenshot for you, @Darth Skippy .

Re: battle setup, I would try to match crew initializations with the battle actions’. YMMV

I missed this...I'm not sure what Y M M V are short for?
  • Options

I missed this...I'm not sure what Y M M V are short for?

“Your Mileage May Vary”
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    4* Malik might be good:

Malik 4 473 862 1159
    Attack 4 7
    8 10 6
    Boarding Damage Boarding 425 140 130 400

... most of the rest of the 4’s that have Boarding at 8s are Attack-2, of which Tommy Gun Dixon has the best passives.
  • Options
    don't have him. I've been using the auto battle and I've noticed my setup always loses on the last shot - which seems obvious, but I mean both ships are down to the minimal hull and the Sphere always gets the last shot in. I'm going to try faster initialization attackers.
  • Options
    HA! FINALLY! Q'APLA It can be done!
    ls9itm1ktbry.png
  • Options
    I know how much you wanted that. Congratulations, Darth.