Home The Bridge
Options

Honour Check!

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious what everyone else's honour stockpile is at while we (im)patiently wait for a long overdue honour hall update OR honour sale. Here's mine...

rplafwr7uf14.jpg

Comments

• Options
    w5nrtkd5io55.jpeg

I cannot wait!!
  • Options
    2gs7rcb8vicd.jpeg

Where’s the sale already?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    2gs7rcb8vicd.jpeg

Where’s the sale already?

No kidding... Overdue
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    oskcke4jly9z.jpeg

*sigh*
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, spend that honor. Think of all the awesome crew you could immortalize. I get saving some back but not that much.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cracked 160,000 thanks to one attempt at the Picard b-day pack (I want Sinister Picard, just not badly enough to spend a ton of money). At this point, I can hit 10 hours on any voyage combo (RNG or a rough set of trait options sometimes keeps that from happening) and gauntlet rankings are only a function of how diligent I am at timing, not a limitation based on available crew.

For people still trying to reach that point, I don’t know that I’d recommend sitting on more than about that amount of honor, or maybe 250-350k if you want to be able to immortalize a 5* right away or intend to save up for an honor sale. As much as it pains me to agree with Apollo ( :) ), squatting on tons of honor just slows down your overall progression in the hopes of a special sale coming up.

When is the next sale due? Who knows...we can probably safely say there will be some sort of major sale between the end of the year and the next Convergence Day (which promises to be a big one, given it will be the fifth anniversary of the game) but the nature of it might be different than what we had last year. Would there be another sale between now and then? That is a huge unknown. What events coming up would warrant such a sale? Maybe the launch of Lower Decks, although I doubt it as much as I doubt that the third season of Discovery would provide a similar reason for a huge sale. Aside from Halloween, which has never drawn much special interest in terms of sales or even themed packs before, there are no major worldwide holidays between now and Christmas. Major anniversaries of Trek series, movies, and actors get a special pack like today’s Picard celebration rather than a full-blown honor sale, if anything. Short of a new event type or other drastic game change that would benefit from even more engagement than usual, I don’t see another big sale going down until late December at the earliest.
  • Options
    When is the next sale due? Who knows...we can probably safely say there will be some sort of major sale between the end of the year and the next Convergence Day (which promises to be a big one, given it will be the fifth anniversary of the game) but the nature of it might be different than what we had last year. Would there be another sale between now and then? That is a huge unknown. What events coming up would warrant such a sale? Maybe the launch of Lower Decks, although I doubt it as much as I doubt that the third season of Discovery would provide a similar reason for a huge sale. Aside from Halloween, which has never drawn much special interest in terms of sales or even themed packs before, there are no major worldwide holidays between now and Christmas.

I think a covid vaccine will merit a worldwide celebration. But who knows when that will happen.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    243.727 Honor + 1 5* citation

However, the second I get one more Indignant Seven 4* in I'll have 4 copies of her at lvl 99 to fuse with a lvl 1 Mobile Doc ... so that citation will be used as well as 150.000 Honor for instant immortalisation and satisfaction of having that over and done with.

So, basically --> 93.727 Honor and me wondering how long it'll take for another copy of Indignant Seven to come my way ...

ps - I'm of the "spend it if you got it" club ... but my fleetmates advised me to hold on to about 350k ... that and the fact that I don't really have a viable option to cite up (a 3/5 SM Sarek to hit two collections?) has left me in limbo when it comes to spending honor.

EDIT: 19.07.20 ... Indignant Seven dropped ... so uh ... 107.374 Honor (and an immortalised Indulgent Seven - worth it in my books because I want future Mobile Docs to go to adding stars to him (he's 2/5).)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Yikes, spend that honor. Think of all the awesome crew you could immortalize. I get saving some back but not that much.

Well, there are a few crew I would like to see finished, but basically just because. No immo will significantly improve anything for me. I am not hunting for the 11 hour mark, 10.5 is just as fine for me.

So I rather hoard than spend. But I start to loose interest in the game altogether. I started some other mobile games and picked up some I already had given up and... all for sudden STT is not that attractive any more. Maybe all this honor will not be used at all if nothing gamechanging happens.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw9jlpjey2tl.png

I did buy a purple cite today, before this screencap

have 20 gold cites saved as well

efpsngyyl6cp.png
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

If u have a decent roster, saving only gets u benefits imho, like being prepared for another honor sale(so more leg citations for less honor) or you save it for future over the top power creep crew. Win Win.

I have 1.1m honor saved btw. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

If u have a decent roster, saving only gets u benefits imho, like being prepared for another honor sale(so more leg citations for less honor) or you save it for future over the top power creep crew. Win Win.

Yeah. It definitely breaks down into two camps.

1} Strong roster = bank Honour
    2} Still building up = make Crew stronger

There's no one answer for everyone, because of that.

🐿️🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿🐿️
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw9jlpjey2tl.png

I did buy a purple cite today, before this screencap

have 20 gold cites saved as well

efpsngyyl6cp.png

Do you actually have any crew with all that saved up? :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious what you do with the event legendaries you get every event. Do you immortalize and freeze them? Leave them as they are? Buy packs and finish them that way? The last honor sale added multiple legendaries to my ranks that killed my crew slots and I have been running behind since. Did you just keep buying crew slots when there are sales?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Tons, just have rules for using cites. They can't be in the portal, and they should either be a top 30 voyager at time of release, a rare skill combo, with particular ordering, or an extremely absurd case of high base stats + bridge crew. They also can't be a marginal improvement to an already good roster.

Example - I haven't bothered citing Tainer, EMA (overrated anyway), Honored Owo, Soji (doesn't help roster), Suspiria (meh stats) etc.

Characters I have cited recently - Tribble Scotty, Activated Dahj (used 1 - sec/sci is a hard combo to come by), Medic Reno (when she was in the 6 pack, before the giveaway), Twilight T'Pol (last star to get the FTM).

fwiw, i had 1.6 million honor and had about 36 gold cites banked back in January, during the honor extravaganza
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My avatar raises an eyebrow at all of this.

Scott noted 2 camps, which I think are reasonable ones, but I guess I'm in camp #3. Use most, save some. After Convergence Day 2020, I had 12K honor remaining. I have 150K today. Along the way, I've bought 14 citations and 1 honor-behold. As much as I will be jealous of those of you with a million banked honor if a similar sale should occur again (vs the ~250K I anticipate having by then), I prefer the constant upgrading of my roster and completion of various mini-goals (FF crew X, complete reward tier Y, etc.). It's these self-selected mini-goals that keep me engaged right now, but I won't ignore the potential benefits of a future sale either, so I adopted a middle-road approach.

For anyone wondering about my method... increase honor by 55K, spend 50K. Every time we have a skirmish, increase accumulation target by 10K (e.g, increase by 65K, spend 50K).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    584k, 6 4* cites and 20 5* cites although the 5* cites will be going down soon. Couple of crew I need to spend them on.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Tons, just have rules for using cites. They can't be in the portal, and they should either be a top 30 voyager at time of release, a rare skill combo, with particular ordering, or an extremely absurd case of high base stats + bridge crew. They also can't be a marginal improvement to an already good roster.

Example - I haven't bothered citing Tainer, EMA (overrated anyway), Honored Owo, Soji (doesn't help roster), Suspiria (meh stats) etc.

Characters I have cited recently - Tribble Scotty, Activated Dahj (used 1 - sec/sci is a hard combo to come by), Medic Reno (when she was in the 6 pack, before the giveaway), Twilight T'Pol (last star to get the FTM).

fwiw, i had 1.6 million honor and had about 36 gold cites banked back in January, during the honor extravaganza

You’ve got an interesting approach. I have Tribble Herder Scotty but haven’t bothered to level or cite him because my ENG crew is incredibly robust and he hasn’t had an event bonus since I got him (he dropped for me after Claymore Scotty’s event, if memory serves). On the other hand, I have two Warship EMAs and one Juliana Tainer all immortalized that have been phenomenal for me from day one - I cited Tainer about this time last year (right before we got a glut of MED/SCI crew), the first EMA came during his event (I had no MED/SEC other than maybe Dark Ages McCoy at the time), and the second was finished without citations due to a series of lucky drops because my only MED/SEC was the first EMA and Tactical Officer Neelix.

The two EMAs have combined to make 23 appearances on 10-hour voyages across 10 of the 15 skill combo pairs (I haven’t separated by which skill is primary for any combo) since I started tracking voyage performance. Many of those are from MED/SEC, MED/COM, and COM/SEC voyages as expected, but he’s been great filler material on other combos thanks to the Hologram trait that so often pops up for MED seats.

I think the biggest difference in how we plan citations is that I put little to no stock in raw voyage rank. The overall rank to me is functionally worthless as a metric to value crew because it’s too broad - Captain Braxton has a voyage score far in excess of that of Imprinted Archer, for example, yet between the two Braxton has only made three more 10-hour voyages than Archer has for me. For further comparison, Gary Seven has been on nearly double the number of 10-hour voyages when compared to Braxton. This of course is as much a function of what crew I have as it is voyage combos I draw every day (seriously, I’ve had nine 10-hour ENG/MED voyages and six such SEC/SCI voyages despite those two being my second- and fourth-worst combos on paper, while the only other combo that has gone 10 hours at least six times is SCI/MED). Stil, it highlights the issue of raw voyage rank versus VORP - Braxton, despite his excellent raw power, has less value over his replacement than Gary Seven does, and not that much more than Imprinted Archer.

VORP is what has Activated Dahj at the top of my citation list once I build up a larger stockpile of honor, as her voyage score with all my starbase/collection bonuses is about 400 points better than my current #4 SEC/SCI voyager, EV Suit Seven. It’s also a couple hundred points better than Klingon Janeway, but I try to maintain four crew that match each skill combo...#5 and #6 ranked crew tend to get left behind anyway. I could also theoretically drop four cites on that free Medic Reno we all got, since she’s got almost as much of a lead on Imprinted Archer, who is currently #3 behind my first Reno and the Rabbit for ENG/MED. This is not counting crew like Indulgent Seven, Torpedo McCoy, the Banjoman, Leonardo, Loken, or Amanda Rogers that have SCI as a primary or secondary with those two skills; when these crew are taken all together, Archer is my #9 option with a 200 point deficit compared to the #8 crew (White Rabbit, who is only 49 points separated from 5th place). And yet, weak as he is, he’s been on all nine of my 10-hour ENG/MED voyages.

Which brings me back to my original point from the other post - if I can get many long voyages on even one of the toughest voyage combos, I figure I’m at a point where I can slow down the frantic pace of immortalization that I’ve been following since citations and honor were introduced. Anyone struggling to hit 8 hours on voyages, or who has trouble with events due to lack of bonus crew, should maybe not wait months for an honor sale that may or may not come when they could be continuously improving their crew. Even if that means dropping a few citations on someone who isn’t a top-level voyager or might drop from a surprise behold, a bird in the hand is still worth two in the bush.
  • Options
    Part of my strategy was prefaced in that i don't like citing characters who are in the portal, with a few exceptions. I pull maybe 40-50 packs a month, and i want to avoid the dreaded fully fused gold behold as much as possible. With 150+ FF golds, the likelihood of fully fused beholds increases when you take the 5th star. Heck, i try to avoid the 5th star in beholds as much as possible.

I'm already at consistent 10 hour 30 minute voyages, with 11 hour voyages happening regularly. Portal cards like EMA/Tainer are marginal gains for my roster in particular, so i see no reason to cite them. I look at my roster as a whole and I use cites on crew that make a larger impact to the game, rather than marginal impact.

Regarding Braxton, he is a crew with a consistent top 5 seat score (meaning how many permutations of skill combos would he make given the voyage traits for that day). I derive this from the voyage export tools in the IAT suite. He's consistently on voyages, on the voyage export tools. The majority of weeks when i run the export, he's sitting at #1.
  • Options
    just over 600K here, interesting to see alot of people are close to 600k
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I am back up to 631,000 honor, after spending all my honor (1 million+) during the holiday sales. I really hope they repeat that one particular sale, where we got a free beGold with every discounted 5* citation!

I also realized that I still have 13 unused 5* citations kicking around, which I had forgotten about.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "holidays in July" sale would be amazing... I remain hopeful in a holiday miracle
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Yateball wrote: »
    A "holidays in July" sale would be amazing... I remain hopeful in a holiday miracle

That would be most welcome and might generate some much-needed goodwill for TP. I have used 200K honor since January but still have 360K. If they run the 40K beGold+’s again, I could buy 9 citations, enjoy the thrilling beGold choices, FF both my 1/5* Braxton & 1/5* Gary7, and make both @SSR Barkley & @Dirk Gunderson happy. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I had more than 550k after recent skirmish. I baught 1 5* and one 4* Citation though. One for Riker Odan (yes you read right cause YOLO XD) and one for Seven to get cheesecake. At first i wanted to wait for the free campaign Citation but again after a bit of thinking i decided to go for it and not wait ages.

That said im now at 488k cjfv1gse8f84.png

A repeat of the Sale would be much welcomed as back then i didnt have much Honour (insert sad Worf) and now i could capitalize a bit more (i'd hope lol).
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting on 210K. With my recent gains on voyages, I get one or more SRs a day now. No reason to spend it to cite someone who may hitch a ride home any day now. Not in the portal? I might, but I can wait. I have about a dozen FF to work on without adding more.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*