Home Ready Room
Options

This Behold Made Me Want To Throw My Phone

IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
96oytmxgkacc.png

Ok I chose Best Riker but I think I blew a few brain cells doing it.

Yes as a matter of fact I don’t have enough honour to immortalize him.
VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I got both Q and Culber immort, and both are well worth it. For me, that would be an easy Begold, but if you don’t have any of them immort, I can understand the frustration in passing on any of them.

One of the better begolds I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough choice - Qod is an excellent crew, Riker has rare skills among Riker variants (and is one of the least-enraging things about that episode), and Culber is still one of the best two-skill crew around. Faced with the exact same choice I probably would have hemmed and hawed a lot before making the same choice...usually it’s a good idea to add stars, especially 4th and 5th stars, but a variant with rare skills is always a special thing.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good choice to pass on Culber. I have him FF and he is pretty useless since we got one skill McCoy.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Good choice to pass on Culber. I have him FF and he is pretty useless since we got one skill McCoy.

Yes, McCoy gets all the solo-MED seats, but if you run a lot of Augie shuttles, there are a lot of MED seats. I will typically run Qod, Culber AND McCoy just about every shuttle round...

And Culber still competes for med weekend seats just about every faction event, regardless of bonus.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, Culber is fine for Augment shuttles. But I never use him for anything else except if he has an event bonus in a Faction which is rare, and even then MED shuttle seats are scarce.

That is a very small area of usability, so I would not pick him in a behold any more. Both other choices were by far superior imho.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Either Riker or Q
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I find interesting/amusing - I try to divine what made the algorithm put a set of crew together in a behold/begold. Basically, I'm looking for patterns/order from a system that may or may not have any.

There are some sets that just baffle me - for example, I had one with FO Burnham and 2 cards that were Mirror Kirk level (I forget which ones exactly). Umm, what?

I've also had things like Chancellor Gowron, HR Sisko, and RP Commandant. They're all very different crew, but they each have something that makes them special (respectively: gauntlet, base power/events, ship battles).

Sometimes there is a clear tie-in with the event schedule (a variant from the preceding or upcoming event) for at least one of the crew. Sometimes they have nearly identical voyage scores.

For this one, is it because they all have SCI/MED? Is it because they're all "elite" cards (by whatever metric DB/WRG rates such things)? Is it because they're all wearing white?

Anyhow, this is the kind of thing I think about when I see all the behold/begold posts from players.

I would have taken Riker too - I'm only missing him or Beowulf Kim to get Davenport's 5th star. We spent weeks studying Beowulf in high school - my hatred of those weeks endures and will prevent me from ever picking that Kim variant.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I would have taken Riker too - I'm only missing him or Beowulf Kim to get Davenport's 5th star. We spent weeks studying Beowulf in high school - my hatred of those weeks endures and will prevent me from ever picking that Kim variant.

My 4th star for Davenport was from Beowulf Kim. I knew he wasn't great but I figured he'd still see some use. He sometimes doesn't even make the cut on SEC/ENG voyages but he's still more useful than Odo.

Riker will be the 5th star. 58K honour to go! Would've been less but I goofed a 10h Voyage earlier today.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals