Home The Bridge

How about a Gangster Mega Event?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to see a mega event based on the TOS episode, A Piece of the Action. In the episode, the crew of the Enterprise visit a planet whose culture is based on a book about Earth in the 1920's, which left behind during a previous Federation visit. It could be fun to more of that good ole Prime Directive conflict - which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Crew with the Criminal or Constable trait could be bonus crew. It would be a small pool, but I think it would work. I would like to see a couple of the "bosses" added to the game. Maybe variants of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy where they were taken prisoner. Maybe use some SR's from the old west collection for the existing SR's.

The game could use some excitement. Would this get you interested? Who would you add in? Who would you make the recurring legendary?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• I was thinking about something similar the other day, using constables but also prisoner and have it be a jail break mega. Week one gets you into jail. Week two you form or break loyalties with different prison mates. Week three you make plans to get out of jail and collect supplies to do so and then week four you finally break out of jail. I can think of multiple episodes where characters had to break out from or survive prison so there is connections to the original show.

Expanding on your gangster plan, If you wanted to expand the criminal pool a little bit, adding thief might be a good route. There’s a lot of overlap, but it adds a couple more crew to make it still small, but less so.
  • I would like to see a mega event based on the TOS episode, A Piece of the Action. In the episode, the crew of the Enterprise visit a planet whose culture is based on a book about Earth in the 1920's, which left behind during a previous Federation visit. It could be fun to more of that good ole Prime Directive conflict - which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Crew with the Criminal or Constable trait could be bonus crew. It would be a small pool, but I think it would work. I would like to see a couple of the "bosses" added to the game. Maybe variants of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy where they were taken prisoner. Maybe use some SR's from the old west collection for the existing SR's.

The game could use some excitement. Would this get you interested? Who would you add in? Who would you make the recurring legendary?

I would love this!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested at all. Sorry.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key question is, "Will Cyrus Roadblock be easier to Level within the Event?"
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • I just want Fizzbin to replace the current Gauntlet...my odds would improve.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm in for this idea. I don't recall if anyone knows about the Krako and Oxmyx actors (are there rights issues?), but if not, one or both of them need to be in the game - perhaps one of them for the recurring legendary.

You beat me to it! That is my only concern for this proposed mega, because without those two characters it really wouldn't work.
    I just want Fizzbin to replace the current Gauntlet...my odds would improve.

Only on a Tuesday when the orchids are depressed!!!!!!

👍🏿👍🏾👍🏽👍🏼👍🏻👍
    🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do dumb things to participate in such a mega event. I also like the idea of slipping Garak or Quark in as the recurring legendary, but then having Tommy Gun McCoy, Jojo Krako, Bela Oxmyx, and Fizzbin Kirk as the legendaries in keeping with the theme.

Existing SRs could be Tommy Gun Dixon, Waitress Ezri, Duchamps, and Incognito Kirk?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do dumb things to participate in such a mega event. I also like the idea of slipping Garak or Quark in as the recurring legendary, but then having Tommy Gun McCoy, Jojo Krako, Bela Oxmyx, and Fizzbin Kirk as the legendaries in keeping with the theme.

Existing SRs could be Tommy Gun Dixon, Waitress Ezri, Duchamps, and Incognito Kirk?

Love Garak and Quark, so yes there. Agree with your proposed legenaries. I would swap out Dixon or Duchamps for North Star Archer to get ENT some representation and Incognito Kirk for New Eden Owosekun so there's DSC and not two Kirk's in one mega event.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Yes, I'm in for this idea. I don't recall if anyone knows about the Krako and Oxmyx actors (are there rights issues?), but if not, one or both of them need to be in the game - perhaps one of them for the recurring legendary.

You beat me to it! That is my only concern for this proposed mega, because without those two characters it really wouldn't work.

I mean... You guys are probably right, but... I'm going to go over there and stick my head in the sand and hope they could get the rights. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been wanting this event since I started the game. I shudder to think how much I would spend on packs if it did ever occur though! Still it would be the first one I could go all out.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gangster mega would be fun. Think of the storylines.
    Let’s fly!
  • That sounds great.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Leland Orser's kidnapper character from Enterprise? There is a criminal for you. I also want the No Smoking T'Pol.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I was thinking about something similar the other day, using constables but also prisoner and have it be a jail break mega. Week one gets you into jail. Week two you form or break loyalties with different prison mates. Week three you make plans to get out of jail and collect supplies to do so and then week four you finally break out of jail. I can think of multiple episodes where characters had to break out from or survive prison so there is connections to the original show.

Expanding on your gangster plan, If you wanted to expand the criminal pool a little bit, adding thief might be a good route. There’s a lot of overlap, but it adds a couple more crew to make it still small, but less so.

There was a similar one some time ago, with Prisoners and Interrogators as bonus crew, but I wouldn't mind another one. I like the event plot that your suggested :)
  • The gangster mega is not something I'm particularly looking forward to for the possible crew additions, but I think it would be fun. And Criminal + Investigator would make for a reasonable and interesting bonus pool.
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Archer and T'Pol work with the mob in Season 4? If so there's some guys there.
    Also:

Felix Leech and Nicky the Nose.
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Didn't Archer and T'Pol work with the mob in Season 4? If so there's some guys there.
    Also:

Storm Front the mob helped Archer stop the vampire looking alien. In World War Two.

Ivlain wrote: »
    Also:

Storm Front the mob helped Archer stop the vampire looking alien. In World War Two.

You guys are coming up with a lot of characters that I forgot about. Would it be too much or over the top if the Tuesday packs also went with the theme so we could include more of these characters?
    Farewell 🖖
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely interested.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Agador SpartacusAgador Spartacus ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Gangster mega would be nice, i would think Kivas Fajo could be applicable?
    Just had a brain fart: its a shame Joe Pesci never did an appearance in Star Trek as a gangster, can you imagine the great sound bite:
    How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the **tsk tsk** is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
    Just had a brain fart: its a shame Joe Pesci never did an appearance in Star Trek as a gangster, can you imagine the great sound bite:
    How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the **tsk tsk** is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.

Kivas could be the Mega Recurring.......

Kivas could be the Mega Recurring.......

He would work as recurring in just about ANY mega event. I look forward to him being added. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • v61r9c4haa9m.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!