Home Make It So!
Options

Add Crew Slot Room to Starbases

Hi Team, my idea is to add 6-8 levels of a Crew slot room to our starbase, each level giving us 5 extra crew slots so 30-40 in total. This would also help stop members jumping from fleet to fleet as they would need to freeze 30-40 crewmembers before they could benefit from their new fleets starbase in 24hrs.

Comments

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Seems like a good idea to me.
    We would finally have somewhere to invest starbase items other than In replication rations which are probably not needed by a fleet that has reached that level.
    You could call it “Crew Quaters” and maybe have an increasing crew slot number.

Lvl 1 = 1 crew
    Lvl 2 = 2 crew

And so on until level 10.
    That would give 45 slots total.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone suggested this before. It seems like a good idea, but if someone got ejected from a fleet they could then suddenly lose crew. I don't think it would work.
  • Options
    Yes! Make it so, TP
  • Options
    Hi Team, my idea is to add 6-8 levels of a Crew slot room to our starbase, each level giving us 5 extra crew slots so 30-40 in total. This would also help stop members jumping from fleet to fleet as they would need to freeze 30-40 crewmembers before they could benefit from their new fleets starbase in 24hrs.
    Someone suggested this before. It seems like a good idea, but if someone got ejected from a fleet they could then suddenly lose crew. I don't think it would work.

Adding crew rooms to the starbase would be a great idea. Extra crew slots always come in handy.

In my experience the main reasons captains are ejected from fleets are because of......

1, Their behavior towards others is unacceptable.
    2, They don't contribute daily which is a basic requirement for pretty much every starbase.
    3, Inactivity for long periods of time which gains them an advantage when rooms are upgraded with no help from themselves. That then makes it unfair to others who contribute and play everyday.
    4, Some simply leave for their own reason, maybe to start a starbase of their own.

• Options

That's part of the idea, it stops players bouncing from fleet to fleet, and it would encourage participation from fleet members or when they get airlocked they have to freeze crew.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That's part of the idea, it stops players bouncing from fleet to fleet, and it would encourage participation from fleet members or when they get airlocked they have to freeze crew.

Here’s the problem: let’s say you are in a fleet that requires daily or weekly activity. You suffer an accident at work or while traveling that puts you in the hospital for a month with no access to the game. When you return, you find you’ve been dumped and because you were right up against the artificially-inflated crew slot limit you’ve lost your five best crew. How upset are you?

Could that solution be fixed with a CS ticket? Probably. But why introduce such an obvious problem in the first place?
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with it being a separate location to freeze crew. But I definitely agree with a Crew Quarters room to increase your number of crew slots. I also think it should have a limited number of upgrade levels and not be all 10 levels.

If someone wants to leave the fleet, then so be it. Why find a way to prevent people from leaving? Loyalty goes a long way, but those who aren't can hit the road for all I care.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of things to consider. Great point about being kicked and suddenly needing to deal with space issues. Maybe an algorithm to freeze (first option) or airlock (second option) crew starting by the lowest level, then rarity after 6 days. They can hang out in limbo for up to 7 days, but if you don't deal with it by day 6, then the game does it for you. Come to think of it, maybe that could be instituted regardless of the new room on the starbase. It would save a few people from losing crew.

Starbases already have several features that make those maxed out bases very appealing. But would this be too much for new/small fleets to overcome? I'm pretty spoiled by being in a maxed out bases for as long as I can remember. I would hate to pull the ladder up behind me without at least asking.

Personally, this would be a nice little boon. My fleet crushes it when it comes to starbase donations. It would only help my game. Less freezing/unfreezing crew. Thanks for posting the idea. I look forward to seeing where the conversation goes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    That what I like about you @Prime Lorca [10FH]
    Always a considered, well crafted, comprehensive and positive response.
    Best I can ever manage is to string together a few grunts.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roxton wrote: »
    That what I like about you @Prime Lorca [10FH]
    Always a considered, well crafted, comprehensive and positive response.
    Best I can ever manage is to string together a few grunts.

Thank you. I often use Shan's advice and sit on my responses before hitting send. Usually I add a little bit, consider another point of, and try to keep an open mind. There's a lot of good players on the forum with different experiences and play styles. I've learned a lot here. I try to pay it forward and encourage others. The best ideas come from players being encourage to share. I've seen your avatar on some recent threads. I thank you for contributing and hope you keep it up. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Here’s the problem: let’s say you are in a fleet that requires daily or weekly activity. You suffer an accident at work or while traveling that puts you in the hospital for a month with no access to the game. When you return, you find you’ve been dumped and because you were right up against the artificially-inflated crew slot limit you’ve lost your five best crew. How upset are you?

Could that solution be fixed with a CS ticket? Probably. But why introduce such an obvious problem in the first place?

The crew moved would be immortalised ones so you do not lose them just join a fleet then in 24hrs rebalance your crew to the amount of slots available
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The crew moved would be immortalised ones so you do not lose them just join a fleet then in 24hrs rebalance your crew to the amount of slots available

That’s a fairly bold statement - leaving aside the fact that someone who’s been unable to immortalize someone won’t have that option, we already know from inventory purges that the things that disappear aren’t always the most sensible ones to lose.