Home The Bridge
Options

Should they add a freeze option to old ships like we have for crew?

Should they add a freeze option to old ships like we have for crew? 76 votes

Yes
56%
[KM]VidemSabine of AthensZombie Squirrel eXo | das411IvanstoneAuntieACommodore Decker[SSR] GTMETJayBeezyPhotonKimkobaDrone_one(HGH)Apollogregorytsexy_ladyguest_757423444811776Cpt JRPenguinJimDavideBooksDirk Gunderson 43 votes
No
43%
Captain Durf[QH] OxmyxHaBlackJim Steele[S47] ELiLOdo MarmarosacmdrworfGib - Admiral MarinersLjofaLeadHeadGhostStalkerCapt. Pete OwenMirror CartmanDownriverRick AldudeVerzweigterTarisProont{DD} AC {MK} (A) Traveling Man 33 votes

Comments

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Why ?
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    No
    I can sort by all sorts of methods, and I have all the ships, and need schems for only 5.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Proont wrote: »
    People who vote no clearly don’t own enough ships. :)

I have every ship at at least level 1. I'd rather have a better way to sort them, like W.W. Carlisle's suggestion of starring ships.

I like the redesigned Build & Change Ships Interfaxe. That was a huge improvement. But it’s still a frightening mess to try and scroll through every single ship when launching a voyage, which I had hoped would be fixed at the same time as the main ship inventory.

I suppose it really comes down to this: would it be easier for the programmers to build a Mothball Fleet functionality for unused ships to be stored until needed or would it be easier to reconfigure the ship selection interface used when preparing voyages to have favorites or at least a search function?
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    As there is no current limit on the space available for ships, freezing them is pointless.
    But as been pointed out many times a better system for searching would be nice.
    However I would prefer they put that effort into a better crew search across other areas.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Yes
    From what i can tell, they are organised by when they are added to the game ...
    If you view your " datacore import" with Firefox, it will provide a json view, where u can see the ship id's .... the lowest of which for me is the ship i see in the first box when setting up a voyage.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    No
    No, just sorting.
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What about giving us the option to favorite them? They would rise to the top like crew do. If we could do that, I would mark my maxed fives (maybe the nine of tens as well, since, with trait bonus, they would top a normal maxed five), since I'd pick one of those that matches the trait, if I have one first. You'd have all you ships, but would have less sifting to do.

I think that's a far better option, if they were going to implement a change...

CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Agreed with ideas mentioned above, that would filter ships in much the same way as crew. Implement a favorites tag, and add search options to help locate key traits or ship abilities.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Favorites tag and search by ship abilities sounds great.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorites tag and search by ship abilities sounds great.

I agree with the above statement. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Personally I would rather they made ships *ACTUALLLY* useful... Really you only need one, skirmish battles are pretty pointless the whole ship combat engine needs a rework
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    No
    i vote a respectful no, would like to be able to upgrade ships somehow, a bit like our crews but more subtle like, maybe strictly for AM capability on voyages?

LLAP
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    Maybe a "collection" for a combo of ships that are completed?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Admiral 8Q wrote: »
    This could be interesting. Ship related rewards in the milestones, like battle boosts, along with schematics, and the usual goodies would be welcome.
    Utopia Planita would be Starfleet ships
    Pride of the Fleet would be flagships- Kumari, Negh'Var, Enterprise D, NX-01, etc
    First in Line would be those that were first in their class. KUmari, NeghVar, NX,...
    Backbone of the Fleet for generic class types.
    It would be something else to do, another way to get things and an excuse to expand the lower tiers of ships, like a 1* Runabout?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Admiral 8Q wrote: »
    This could be interesting. Ship related rewards in the milestones, like battle boosts, along with schematics, and the usual goodies would be welcome.
    Utopia Planita would be Starfleet ships
    Pride of the Fleet would be flagships- Kumari, Negh'Var, Enterprise D, NX-01, etc
    First in Line would be those that were first in their class. KUmari, NeghVar, NX,...
    Backbone of the Fleet for generic class types.
    It would be something else to do, another way to get things and an excuse to expand the lower tiers of ships, like a 1* Runabout?

or we could earn those ships we've been asking for but don't have yet, like this beauty:

e5a4d6bf330f23a8707bb0d6001dfbe8.jpg?itok=utbfyaNg

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For Voyages, at least give the option (if not default) of ships with the most anti-matter (I'd take in general, if they can't determine that Proton's ship actually has more AM than my Borg Cube because Hologram is the trait) rather than...how are they currently organized? Clearly not by default AM/stars. Doesn't seem to be by faction. It doesn't list the names of the ships (yes, I'm a noob who can't tell the difference between the various Fed ships, let alone everyone else), but I don't think it's alphabetical.

Sort by AM is the only way to go for voyages. It would be the least coding for DB.

Sort by favourite (starred) would also be good, but would be a lot more coding, and extra data stored on the server. If both are put in, then sort by AM, then put the starred ones before the unstarred with the same AM.

I often don't bother looking for a 2650AM ship, I normally scroll straight through to the ISS-1701. I know how many clicks it is.

@guest_1033685114159104

The current sorting seems to be either date added to the game, or date acquired by the player. I guess the first.

The first ships added appear first, and the last ones added appear last.

• Options
    GD2JGD2J ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't know about ships, but I would absolutely LOVE it if there were some identifier on the schematics for ships at max level, so I could easily tell which schematics I can toss in the replicator without fear. I've lost a lot of progress in the past by accidentally using schematics for a ship I was trying to level up.
  • Options
    Yes
    GD2J wrote: »
    I don't know about ships, but I would absolutely LOVE it if there were some identifier on the schematics for ships at max level, so I could easily tell which schematics I can toss in the replicator without fear. I've lost a lot of progress in the past by accidentally using schematics for a ship I was trying to level up.

It’s not a foolproof method, but keep in mind the number of schematics required to build the last level of any ship (1800 for 5* ships, and so on). As long as you don’t leave ships unleveled despite having enough schematics, only use schematics that have more than the max number and you should be able to avoid burning up schematics you need.
  • Options
    No
    We need a better system to organize for Voyages, but if we freeze ships, we will have to pay to unfreeze them like with crew. No thanks, just a better way of organizing the ships please.
  • Options
    Yes
    LeadHead wrote: »
    We need a better system to organize for Voyages, but if we freeze ships, we will have to pay to unfreeze them like with crew. No thanks, just a better way of organizing the ships please.

Here’s the thing: I can’t imagine ever needing to bring a ship back from the beyond. Don’t freeze any 5* ships and keep out whatever 2* and 4* ships you want to keep for the Arena (if any). If you still need a 4* ship for Skirmishes (doubtful, since Epic can only realty be done with a good L10 5* ship anyway) then I suppose yes, you might need to do so if you froze all of your 4* ships rather than leaving them out.