Home Engineering Room
Options

Crashing Kindle- It has reached the point of absurdity. FIX IT!

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Engineering Room
It crashes no matter what I do. That I still play surely a combination of Aries stubbornness and borderline insanity. I have in my possession a video less than two minutes long. It starts at my desktop, follows my game from launch to retrieving a shuttle, it crashing, and back to my desktop. My frustration and anger is reaching the slow painful death and desecrated corpse stage. You've known about it for months and it is getting worse, not better. I would be happy to send this clip to your team, if they need to see it, or post it to Facebook, Twitter, Amazon reviews, all your advertisers, so on and so forth.
Signed, W.W. Carlisle (captain name), the most enraged Kindle player in Indiana.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I completely gave up trying to play this game on my Kindle. After the last major update, it doesn't even want to load the game without crashing. I don't know if this is related to your specific problem, but as a fellow Kindle user I share your pain. I have since moved on to another tablet to play this game.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It crashes no matter what I do. That I still play surely a combination of Aries stubbornness and borderline insanity. I have in my possession a video less than two minutes long. It starts at my desktop, follows my game from launch to retrieving a shuttle, it crashing, and back to my desktop. My frustration and anger is reaching the slow painful death and desecrated corpse stage. You've known about it for months and it is getting worse, not better. I would be happy to send this clip to your team, if they need to see it, or post it to Facebook, Twitter, Amazon reviews, all your advertisers, so on and so forth.
    Signed, W.W. Carlisle (captain name), the most enraged Kindle player in Indiana.

Please add "game crashing on Kindle" or something to your title so others can also join you. I know that @Bylo Band has had similar frustrations. He ordered a new Kindle, I think. How old is your device, if you don't mind me asking? Maybe it is a problem on older devices. I sure hope Bylo doesn't get a new Kindle, only to experience the same crashing. :#
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Name updated. I hate to break it to @Bylo Band, but I bought this Fire 7, Gen 9, new in June. My old Kindle had been stepped on by my mom one morning (I was sorting through things on the floor and she didn't have her glasses on) and I thought it was partially that. Nope.
    It gets worse with every update. :# It acts up on old 7s, new 7s, and, I think, another player had the same problem with a newer 8 or 10 model. I've played less than thirty minutes today and had it crash about twenty times. I send tickets for various issues and a few weren't even answered. There is an issue sending tickets!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Experiment-
    I uninstalled the game.
    I cleared my cache and deleted somethings I wanted rid of.
    I checked for updates for my OS- clear.
    Turned off my WiFi.
    Powered off the Kindle.
    Unplugged it.
    Powered it back on.
    Plugged it in.
    Turned on th WiFi.
    Reinstalled Timelines.
    Logged in.
    Logged into my account.
    Restarted Timelines.
    Results- Fairly behaved. It let me fetch and send shuttles. Did a few things for dailies. Launched a voyage. Got what I needed to immortalize my Bones McCoy.
    Then it crashed.
    I haven't tried to get back in, but if this helped, even a little, I'm happier. The test will be finishing dailies and immortalizing the Horta later. Off to do the farm chores and will try again in the evening.
    On a side question, are you other Kindle players playing off the SD card? I am, but when I restarted, it insisted several other apps I run off the card were unavailable, even though they did work fine! It said this in the library, but they weren't greyed out on the desktop. Could there a PAIR of glitches? One in Timelines and one on Kindle? Timelines tried to restart/sync itself for some reason, but Kindle tells it it isn't there and it crashes? It is a perfect storm type deal.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I don't play on my mobile phone anymore (game not supported on Android 9 it seems) but i used to play from an SD card and had a lot of issues. I don't have Kindle so i can't test but can you try a different card or to move the game on the Kindle internal storage?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this problem was absolutely BRUTAL! Granted, my old Kindle Fire was about 18 months old and had min specs then, so it needed to be upgraded, but before I did, OMFG, it was impossible! I'd have to watch an ad 2-4 times to get credit for it, about 33% of the time the ad would crash my game, the Daily Missions, Campaign, and Achievement tabs were nearly ALWAYS merged into one amalgamation of uselessness, and at best once an hour the game itself would just break the game.

My brand new 8 inch Kindle Fire arrived yesterday. It has a greatly improved processor, twice the RAM, and my problems have mostly gone away, although occasionally the Daily Mission/Campaign/Achievement amalgamation monster still occurs! Ads no longer break my game, and I can get by with only watching one ad each cycle.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity how much internal memory does it have? My old Fire I had to stop using because it was too slow.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with the 32 gig internal memory model. That is honestly more than I need so I didn't feel the need to go up to the 64 gig model.
  • Options
    I run the new 7 with 16 internal and 32 on the card. It has 3 gig of free internal memory, so it is good there.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved this thread to the proper category.
    I am sorry you are experiencing such issues with your device.

We are continuing to investigate this, and it is my hope that you will see improvements with our next client that will go live towards the end of the month.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad Shan sent some feedback. Seems like a long while to the end of the month, but hopefully there's daylight at the end of the tunnel.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I know thats not a great solution, but if i had such severe troubles with 1 device, i probably would buy a cheap used spare device, be it Android or iOS. But i do understand not everyone has the needed money to do so.

Amazon recently released a new version of it‘s FireHD8 and it runs more smooth for me than the old version(still far away from perfect though). Every couple months there are offers where you can get the device for like 60 bucks only.
    You can test it if Timelines still crashes, and if it does, return the new device
    and look for other options.

But yes, perfect solution is that TP provides perfect game experience for all devices and platforms.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    On thing to note: the game does need a lot of room to work properly.
    And for that the only thing that matters is the space available where the app is installed.
    So having an SD card with lots of free space will not help in that regard, and/or having other apps in the background maybe.