Homeβ€Ί Strange New Worlds
Options

Just thought you should know-Lower Decks Premiered on CBSAA

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Strange New Worlds
5vmopa9mz6vz.jpg

PLEASE TRY TO AVOID TOO MANY SPOILERS!!!!!

πŸ––πŸΏπŸ––πŸΎπŸ––πŸ½πŸ––πŸΌπŸ––πŸ»πŸ––
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And pretty funny. It is meant to be over the top goofy and it does it well. If they soften the cartoony artwork a bit, they should fit in with the crew from TAS. I can just imagine the equipment for them, lol. Any idea if they will be doing anything from Star Trek: Prodigy (Think that was the name.) when it launches?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Loved it. Boimler, as the straight man, is probably my least favourite, and it took the end of the episode for me to get interested in Beckett, but Tendi and Rutherford both grabbed me from the start. It's gonna be a fun season.

In regards to artwork, it's definitely adaptable as this is what the main cast looks like in STO.

v9idranuq62s.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Loved it. Boimler, as the straight man, is probably my least favourite, and it took the end of the episode for me to get interested in Beckett, but Tendi and Rutherford both grabbed me from the start. It's gonna be a fun season.
    I got to hold a heart!!!!!

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

That line may have sealed it for me.

BTW...you may want to change the name of the thread so as to avoid unleashing the wrath of Shan ;)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW...you may want to change the name of the thread so as to avoid unleashing the wrath of Shan ;)

And maybe warn people that this thread will contain spoilers.
    Farewell πŸ––
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

And maybe warn people that this thread will contain spoilers.

Yea I was a little bothered that there were punchlines spoiled and such in the thread
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be considerate and employ the spoiler option, thanks!
    Also moved this in the proper sub-forum.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it's TNG era, down to the LCARS, beaming sounds, and warp trail and everything. Perfect balance of loyalty to Trek and expansion into a new story.
  • Options
    During the intro i got too much of an orville vibe. Except the orville feels much more respectfull.
    Are we to believe the lower deck crew have to work and live like that?
  • Options
    During the intro i got too much of an orville vibe. Except the orville feels much more respectfull.
    Are we to believe the lower deck crew have to work and live like that?

I think the bunking situation was meant to be laughably stupid. To me, it felt like it fit the vibe I feel they are going for. Silly, off the wall comedy to present a "lighter side" kind of feel to the Star Trek Universe. Between Disco and Picard, we have basically had three seasons of wars. The Klingon War, the Control War, and the Synth War.

So, I think the goofy light-hearted thing is intentional.

• Options
    Episode Two is up!!!!!!