Home The Bridge
Options

Are We Voting for Another Klingon Character and If So, Why?

Current event Passing the Torch. Phase 2 has the Klingon faction way ahead. Not really sure how the mechanics actually work, but I thought I read somewhere that the winning faction essentially got a new character? Is this true?

I’ve had enough Klingons for now. Can we the “Romulan Commander” from Balance of Terror instead?
11iq1mxatx9w.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they've done a vote in ages. I wouldn't worry.
    DB is probably gonna make tonnes of Klingon characters regardless of the outcome.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thing going by the wayside --- the meaninglessness of the vote other than the new faction benefit after a shuttle mission.
  • Options
    klingons were the largest portion of the star trek universe. it's natural for us to have more of them than romulans, the cardassians encompassed much of ds9 but practically none in the others. Plus as for the voting, people are using what crew they have best, and noone wants federation boosts,
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    progetheus wrote: »
    klingons were the largest portion of the star trek universe. it's natural for us to have more of them than romulans, the cardassians encompassed much of ds9 but practically none in the others. Plus as for the voting, people are using what crew they have best, and noone wants federation boosts,

You make a good point but we could still stand to go 2-3 months without a Klingon.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    progetheus wrote: »

Cept Galaxies don't give shuttle boosts for the winning faction at the end so that's a non-issue.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    People usually just do the first faction. KCA was the first faction so it will win.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    People usually just do the first faction. KCA was the first faction so it will win.

I've tended to go with whomever I need items for, especially given the new Faction bonus.

We've had so many Klingon's recently that require KCA faction items, it seemed logical during the last faction event.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    I wasn't aware that faction choice in Galaxy events made any difference to results, future shuttles, future events, or the creation of new characters to add to the game. In fact, except for bits of copy at the end of the event, I'm pretty sure it has no effects whatsoever.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that faction choice in Galaxy events made any difference to results, future shuttles, future events, or the creation of new characters to add to the game. In fact, except for bits of copy at the end of the event, I'm pretty sure it has no effects whatsoever.

Back in the day it affected potential storyline elements.

The future shuttles are only affected by faction event choices and that only recently.
  • Options
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    Current event Passing the Torch. Phase 2 has the Klingon faction way ahead. Not really sure how the mechanics actually work, but I thought I read somewhere that the winning faction essentially got a new character? Is this true?

I’ve had enough Klingons for now. Can we the “Romulan Commander” from Balance of Terror instead?
    11iq1mxatx9w.jpeg

100% agree with the Romulan Commander. How is this version of Mark Lenard not already a character? Would also love to see Joanna Linville from The Enterprise Incident in the game.
  • Options
    AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Would also love to see Joanna Linville from The Enterprise Incident in the game.

Commander_Nevesa_Full.png

Joanna Linville's character is already in the game.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Love Balance of Terror, great episode, need that character added. A one off I'd actually be excited to get for once.