Home Make It So!

Hard-core Mode.

So I was thinking of a new way for the devs to add something to the game without having to do much work since you know covid and that.

So this would be kind of a survival/expedition rolled into one.

How far can you go in the story without refreshing crew or ships?

So you start at episode one and you do your missions but crew don't heal at the end. Same for ships, the damage they take remains although shields recharge.

See if you can compete all 10 chapters?

Distress Signals would of course be optional but they would also damage crew and ships.

The further you got the more lucrative the rewards ect

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, but it would be a lot of work.

Would the crew and ships be available for other tasks during hard mode. e.g. Would crew be free to complete chapters that are unfinished without interrupting Hard-core mode.

There are several big obstacles that I can see. The first is nodes that need a trait to unlock. Some crew might need to be kept to one side to unlock a node in the final chapter.

Next is that it would need a lot more data to be kept on the server.

Third is due to a bug. When a crew member is cited, or frozen then unfrozen, it creates a new crew of the same name, but with a different ID. This new crew would have their history of the Hard-core mode wiped out.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hard mode could reset every 24 hours. I like the idea. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")