Home The Bridge
Options

Best Arena Ships/Crew for Auto Battles?

Is there a resource for this? The Arena is not my favorite area of the game, but I keep up with it as a campaign requirement, so I'm always clicking 'Auto On' and the 3x speed boost. Does anyone care to share what they've found success with? It'd be nice to go a bit higher than my current levels.

Comments

• Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    I suggest you look at the top ranked players you can see what they use.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to just do 5 battles to satisfy your dailies, keep doing what you're doing.

If you want to win, you need to control your ship manually.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    If you want to just do 5 battles to satisfy your dailies, keep doing what you're doing.

I've popped into first place a few times on Auto lately. But, it's a crapshoot.

I use Dorka with Lilly, Duct Tape Reno, Garth, and Survivalist Kirk.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I've popped into first place a few times on Auto lately. But, it's a crapshoot.

I use Dorka with Lilly, Duct Tape Reno, Garth, and Survivalist Kirk.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

I've lost exactly once in the last 100 days in Admiral by manually controlling my ship, the opponent's ship or crew doesn't matter at all. If you want to win, manual is the way to go.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also suggest visiting this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14321/resource-for-crew-ship-abilities#latest

The player who maintains the spreadsheet is one of the best in the game & very helpful. 🖖

That's more kind than I deserve, but I do try to be helpful. I added a list of the top skirmish and arena crew.

This matches my experience. Though it's worth adding that a Krayton on Auto can usually beat any non-Krayton ship with a good, fast crew. It would be a crapshoot to beat another Krayton, though. I've toyed with ways to beat a Krayton on auto, but nothing has worked even half of the time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Try Proton's Rocket Ship. Seems to destroy most Kraytons for me. Crew matters of course. I am using Locutus, Killy, Butter Churning Kirk and Jaris atm.

Issue I have is when you front load all your damage you will occasionally get destroyed by someone using old crew with the Bounty who back load their damage. Wish there was a way to defend against this but I haven't found it yet.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew matters, but there are a lot of choices that work. I had always thought that Killy was unstoppable. She isn't. The Frengi ship is probably the most common, but you can make it to the top with most ships. Just don't focus only on one crew. I met this ship with 3 Killy and blew it away without trouble. My crew can fight on auto, but I fire them manually. I recommend manually firing off your crew.

Here is what not to do: too much reliance on power and no accuracy or evasion.
    le2pb0fn8rdw.jpg
  • Options
    well if you use all those Killys you give up a possible Evasion or Accuracy boost. Bad move if you ask me.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if you use all those Killys you give up a possible Evasion or Accuracy boost. Bad move if you ask me.

I went ahead and picked a Killy Twins Dorka one night. I won on Auto.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find you can get to number 1 in Captain Division on auto fairly consistently, but it takes 8-10 tickets each day. Commander, definitely requires manual control. I've not had a lot of success in Admiral division; haven't figured out my firing sequence yet, though I did just pick up a second Killy, so we'll see if that helps.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the question of whether your goal is to reach first place for a couple minutes or to semi-retain your ranking over a 24hr period. If you just want to briefly have a peak rank, go all out on your attack/accuracy crew and blast away (regardless of which ship you use). If you want to retain anything, you need to be more balanced (or alternatively swap your crew lineup to a more defensive group after you're done climbing ranks).