Home The Bridge

A funny glitch in the system

A funny thing happened on the way to finishing this week's event...
As I was playing the game on my FB account, I had my Artifact Cube equipped as my mission ship and my HMS Bounty as my event ship. As you can see from the photo...
31e3kfepnr44.png
... my Artifact Cube is sitting in the middle of my event battle, almost like it's refereeing the fight. It didn't participate in the fight. It didn't give or receive damage. It just sat there.
This isn't the first time I noticed the Artifact in the fight, but it was the first time I was able to get a good screenshot.
Now, when I saw this, I thought it was hilarious!! I wish I'd have thought to try to equip my Bounty as my mission ship to see if I could have 2 Bountys on the screen, but I didn't...
Please, Developers, if this is a glitch, don't fix it too quickly. Let others try to discover this hidden gem... :)

Comments

• That's a new one I haven't seen before. I have seen the annoying skill popover more times than I can count though.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that happen a few times before, my non-event ship showing up in the middle of a skirmish battle. It's never caused a problem, it's just a curiosity really. Yours is much more obvious though, as I don't use either of the cubes as a mission ship. Mine's just parked off to one side, watching.

I've noticed it tends to happen if there's an issue connecting to the server to start the battle. Could be a WiFi problem on my end or a server issue, either way if it takes much longer than normal to get the battle started that's when this can happen. Don't know if that applies to you or not.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...I don’t suppose TP would throw us a bone with Duelist Torres, would they? On the Kirk side, maybe Admiral Kirk? Despite being a two-skiller, he could be useful for newer players and would be nice for those of us who have had him at 2/5* for ages and would like to make some progress on our Kirk collection...uh, or anyone else who wants to finish him but hasn’t found the right behold yet.
  • just out of curiosity, about how much would this entire cube be worth, if the cards were not pimped.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    just out of curiosity, about how much would this entire cube be worth, if the cards were not pimped.

Nothing really has any value. It is the player that determines what it is worth to them.

Sadly, ships have the least worth. Once you have a 5* ship maxed, you really do not need to have any other. Though some ships are fairly week. But even with the weakest you can win a skirmish.

The main problem is, obtaining schematics for new ships is near impossible to get them maxed. You will only get a small amount of schematics and on the average you have to buy 3 packs to obtain one set of something like x50 schematics.

All that said, the best way for one to get their first 5* maxed is Dabo and arena rank rewards. So your best chance really is the ones that are in Dabo which are the original ships. Also I have noticed that x600 schematics are constantly dropping from specific Dilemmas. Again these are older ships.

For most people spending any dil. on ship packs is a waste, as well as, money on ship packs. Some people want to get the first level of the ship so they can select it for their ship. So they are willing to go that far to get it. Usually new ships are introduced in skirmish. The rewards in skirmish will usually be short x25 schematics from getting the ship to level one. So one only needs to get one set of schematics from a pack to get that ship to level one. It still can take a lot of packs to get just one set of that ship schematics. Since those skirmish packs will have a total of three different ships guaranteed to drop. So on the average it will take 3 packs to get it. However, you still could end up not getting until a 9th pack.
    just out of curiosity, about how much would this entire cube be worth, if the cards were not pimped.

Even physical items like water, gold, or cheese have subjective values that aren’t always agreed upon...that goes double for pixels.

I would say that the status of “1000th crew” isn’t by itself all that important. People like celebrating arbitrary milestones, is all. The last of value of any crew comes down to a few factors:

-Raw power. Although there is a wide spectrum of appreciation for Discovery, someone who isn’t expressly airlocking all Disco crew on principle will still find value in First Officer Burnham’s raw power for voyages or the Red Angel’s raw power for the gauntlet. Being able to extend voyages, send higher-percentage shuttles in events, or extend winning streaks in the gauntlet are all important things.

-Skill/trait choices. A COM/DIP/SEC crew with a particular voyage score is going to be less valuable to almost all players than an ENG/MED/x crew with the exact same voyage score. For example, I use Imprinted Archer on every single ENG/MED voyage but have frozen multiple COM/DIP/SEC crew with similar or even better voyage scores because they were never seeing the light of day.

-Collectibility. In general, main cast members and beloved recurring guest stars will be more collectible than random one-off characters (see also: Lt. Vargas versus any Shran, Leucon versus any Kirk/Dax/Picard/etc.). This one is far more subjective than the other two, however. Everyone has a character they really like or really dislike that has nothing to do with stats, traits, or skills...I put citations into Talas despite not really needing any ENG or ENG/SEC help, because I adore the character.

Which leads me to my second choice for the 1000th crew, one I bet a lot of people could get behind:

5* - Liquidator Brunt

5p26h9bphhcp.jpeg

DIP, COM, SCI

Traits: Ferengi, Diplomat, Cultural Figure, Crafty, Brutal, Villain

Ship ability name: “Brunt, FCA”
  • Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    Which leads me to my second choice for the 1000th crew, one I bet a lot of people could get behind:

5* - Liquidator Brunt

5p26h9bphhcp.jpeg

DIP, COM, SCI

Ok, scratch Diplomat, Cultural Figure, and Brutal. Brunt is none of those things. Add Ruthless, Scoundrel, Merchant, and Bureaucrat
    Crash41 wrote: »

5* - Liquidator Brunt

5p26h9bphhcp.jpeg

DIP, COM, SCI

Ok, scratch Diplomat, Cultural Figure, and Brutal. Brunt is none of those things. Add Ruthless, Scoundrel, Merchant, and Bureaucrat

I thought “ruthless” would be a better term as well, but Ruthless is a ship trait and we haven’t yet seen ships and crew share a trait that wasn’t strictly a political or species affiliation. Diplomat and Cultural Figure were borrowed from Acting Nagus Brunt and yeah, maybe aren’t the best choices...but Bureaucrat would be a fun new trait to introduce for sure.