Home Make It So!
Options

Make Normal and Elite skirmish cost less intel

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen this mentioned by a couple people. @Bylo Band and @(10F) Seven of One come to mind. There are probably others, so I'm sorry if I've forgotten to give you credit.

Basically, Normal and Elite skirmish difficulties give lower rewards across the board - VP and loot boxes. It would be helpful to newer players if the intel cost were reduced. They will still be at a strong disadvantage to longer term players because new players will accumulate VP much more slowly. It would just be helpful to them if they could get a more favorable amount of rewards per chroniton used.

I'm not sure of the ratios, exactly. I think maybe Normal should cost 900 intel (75% of epic) and Elite should cost 1,000 intel (83% of epic) to make the reward ratios come out more evenly. This is obviously open to negotiation since I don't quite remember how the rewards work. There's a skirmish phase at the end of this mega event, so we can check later.

I created an alt account a couple months ago and just soldiered through it. I can almost reliably beat epic on auto on both accounts. It would be nice for newer accounts to be able to skirmish a bit more to build their rosters. They would still be at a disadvantage, but it might keep some newer players in the game if they can build their roster a little faster.
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Elite max points is 4,000 per round (without extra bonuses) or 2/3rds of epic, so maybe the intel should reflect that number, i.e., 800 intel instead of 1,200. Someone could play 2nd level 3 rounds and get same points as someone on epic playing 2 rounds for the same intel spent.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My alt (F2P, roughly 5 weeks old) managed to barely get the 160,000 tier this weekend. Needing 1,200 Intel to earn 2,625 VP from Normal was rough. I was using Subcommander T'Pol so I wasn't getting the full bonus each round, but I was getting 350+350+350+350+1,225 without the event ship.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Elite max points is 4,000 per round (without extra bonuses) or 2/3rds of epic, so maybe the intel should reflect that number, i.e., 800 intel instead of 1,200. Someone could play 2nd level 3 rounds and get same points as someone on epic playing 2 rounds for the same intel spent.

I think elite loot boxes give more. I remember getting 250 chronitons and 250 honor in some drops on elite. I based my numbers more on the chronitons, since that's what keeps you going. I don't know what Normal drops look like, though. This was brought up by my fleet after the event, so it was too late to try a run during the event.

Bylo's drops don't have the full bonus or state the chroniton drops, so I don't want to base it on those numbers.
    Farewell 🖖