Home Ready Room
Options

Legendary Citation Advice

Greetings captains! I have two Legendary citations left over from the special Honor Packs. I could use some advice on who to cite. Candidates include:

The Red Angel - 1/5
Mambo Picard - 1/5
Suus Mahna Sarek - 1/5
Mambo Picard - 1/5
Gangster Spock - 1/5
Judge Q - 2/5
Doctor Van Gogh - 2/5
Captain Killy - 1/5
Warship EMA - 1/5
Dr. Katherine Pulaski 1/5

I use the first five in the Gauntlet regularly (and Judge Q when his Traits line up). Van Gogh's ENG/SCI/MED helps on Voyages, and Killy always holds an Arena/Skirmish battle station. Warship EMA and Pulaski are supposed to be strong crew, but maybe not at one star.

It's more difficult since you don't know my other crew (I have ~120 Legendary crew, about half immortalized). But I welcome any opinions!
"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warship EMA is amazing.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, EMA is great. Van Gogh is just behind him and not in the portal.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would save them. Only one will make much difference with two more stars and that's Killy in a skirmish. Even then, we're only talking a couple seconds per round, tops. I would save until you can immortalize one. EMA and Van Gogh are great options. Killy is also good if you need the skirmish firepower. But if someone better comes along before you get that 4th citation, them you may regret waiting. Also... Killy and EMA are in portal. One of those could drop and save you a citation or tip the scale toward one of them.

Yep. I would definitely wait. Check back when you have that 4th citation. In the meantime, examine your roster holes. Do you need MED/ENG or MED/SEC more? Or will Killy's skirmish firepower take your space battle farming to the next level?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Prime. I'd wait as well.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, folks! I don't have any 4/5 golds so I'll bank the citations for now.
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    Can I ask a newbie question - how can you tell what citation works with a character? I look at the citation request, get one, come back and it doesnt work? I know I'm being thick but I'm not sure where! Advice appreciated.
  • Options
    Can I ask a newbie question - how can you tell what citation works with a character? I look at the citation request, get one, come back and it doesnt work? I know I'm being thick but I'm not sure where! Advice appreciated.

Match at the number of * on the Character, and the number of * on the citation;

or match the colour - Gold Citaion for Gold (Legendary Cards / 5*), Purple for SR / 4*, Blue for Rare / 3*.....

or by the "cost"....50K for Gold / Legendary / 5* , 18K for SR / 4*, for 4.5K for Blue / 3*
  • Options
    There can be another reason why you cannot use a citation to upgrade the character.
    The character can be "blocked" because it is assigned to voyage or shuttle/faction mission. It should be displayed on the character portrait.
    Wait for the voyage or mission to finish and then try the upgrade again.
  • Options
    Leonardo_DBidLeonardo_DBid ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Greyshade wrote: »
    I don't have any 4/5 golds so I'll bank the citations for now.
    I have a couple of 4/5 crew and two legendary citiations to spend, so now I dunno which two I would use my legendary citations.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyllanthor wrote: »
    There can be another reason why you cannot use a citation to upgrade the character.
    The character can be "blocked" because it is assigned to voyage or shuttle/faction mission. It should be displayed on the character portrait.
    Wait for the voyage or mission to finish and then try the upgrade again.

I have been playing since basically the beginning of the game and still forget about this from time to time. “It won’t let me fuse...oh no, they’ve been on a voyage for the last four hours and I don’t want to pull it back early.” :) It happens more often in Faction events, when I complete a round of shuttles, send the next load back out again, and only after that do I realize I cleared a threshold to unlock another star for the 4* crew.