Home The Bridge
Options

What Question about the game did you want to know that WRG Ben didn't get asked on Timelines Talks?

It is amazing that we get such communication with the dev team, and the guys doing the live stream Timelines Talks are wonderful and entertaining. Thanks to all of you for giving us some insights into future game items.

Based on the forum talks and FAQs here, I wanted to pose at least one further question to the Dev team, but I thought I would ask everyone here on the forums what your #1 question would be to them. If an item is not listed, it may have been covered in the livestream interview, so I am listing the most obvious one I see most often on the forums. You are of course, free to add your own. This is an anonymous poll.
I want to become a Dilionaire...

What Question about the game did you want to know that WRG Ben didn't get asked on Timelines Talks? 42 votes

Are the future plans to update more of the galaxy map?
33% 14 votes
Are there future plans to increase Captain level and/or VIP status beyond their current levels?
23% 10 votes
Would you consider letting us on the forums choose the 1000th crew?
2% 1 vote
Are there future plans to allow more Starbase upgrades?
7% 3 votes
Are there plans to increase the awards for # of immortals? (+crew slots)
19% 8 votes
Other...
14% 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As interesting as it would be to know about expanded achievements for immortalized crew, the Galaxy Map is more interesting to me.

Will new locations from Discovery, Picard, and/or Lower Decks be added? Will existing Undiscovered or greyed-out locations be populated with places to visit? Any thoughts on some of the ideas that have floated around regarding resetting the Galaxy map (or could that be the veteran-friendly feature referred to in yesterday’s stream)? Perhaps a new set of distress calls or even another episode?

As mature as the game has become, there are still plenty of possibilities just from places not yet shown on the map.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are all thinking very small and don't affect the fundamental gameplay.

What I'd like to ask is, are there plans to add new event types?
  • Options
    Agador SpartacusAgador Spartacus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    thank you for this poll! I voted galaxy map.
    I was going to say "other" and request more cow bells...but that would probably get me kicked from the forums permanently.
    y673wbekq9p1.jpg
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    All questions have a point, but I'm more interested in adding new gameplay. After 4 years all quests are fullfilled, most collections are done,... Whats new?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there plans for a shipyard to improve ship stats (such as antimatter, attack, defense, evasion, shields, & hull), perhaps to generate schems (similar to the current replicator rooms)?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there plans for a shipyard to improve ship stats (such as antimatter, attack, defense, evasion, shields, & hull), perhaps to generate schems (similar to the current replicator rooms)?

That is a great question. Boosts for ship stats like we get for crew from collections and starbase room upgrades. I love that idea

• Options
    Is there a chance that we might see different ending times for the gauntlet, so that players in certain timezones aren't disadvantaged by a reset at 2am?

(I forgot to send the question to Idol, so I'll never know if it would have picked or not :sweat_smile: )
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good options here. I picked the 1,000th crew thing, but I think one of their normal community polls (previously via Survey Monkey) would be preferable. I think it's something the whole community would enjoy.

That said, it would be nice for the forum folks to get some sort of privilege like this. Like maybe we get to pick the 1701st crew. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Asked and answered – "yes" and "probably next year". That's why I didn't include it in the list.
  • Options
    Uluru wrote: »
    All questions have a point, but I'm more interested in adding new gameplay. After 4 years all quests are fullfilled, most collections are done,... Whats new?

Asked and answered on the live stream. (perhaps Auto or Idol should post a summary? )

Ben talked about "a new feature that's in the books for early next year that will give a more strategic value, a more in depth experience for longer existing players"

I am very excited about this!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a summary posted to Starfleet Communications. The vod on YT has all conversation topics timestamped as well.

Thanks for the thread, we'll check in on it if WRG drops by again.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say that I appreciate the neutral tone with which each of these choices are presented. Very journalistic of you.

I voted for the immortal cap because it seems like such a simple fix and an easy carrot to offer the playerbase, but I agree with @Dirk Gunderson that the galaxy map offers many development opportunities. Those unvisited planets are simply un-Trek-like, after all. We need to go to them and "...explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations..." (you all know the rest).
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Asked and answered – "yes" and "probably next year". That's why I didn't include it in the list.

I watched the stream and this was raised a few times, but I was under the impression the answer was along the lines of 'No, but mini events are our direction'. But it was a little difficult to keep track.
  • Options
    What is this about Forte? What the heck is that? Searching the forums comes up with a single result which is a copy of the in-game message.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    What is this about Forte? What the heck is that? Searching the forums comes up with a single result which is a copy of the in-game message.

Here is the original news release.
    https://www.disruptorbeam.com/about/press-releases/2020/3/3/more-power-to-the-players-disruptor-beam-and-forte-look-to-the-future

Keep in mind a few things have come up or repriortised since that was published, but this might help folks understand the background a little.
  • Options
    all of the questions.
  • Options
    We definitely need more interaction with the galaxy map
    Capt_Locutus
    FORGET IT! Resistance IS futile!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that I appreciate the neutral tone with which each of these choices are presented. Very journalistic of you.

(...snip...).

Yes, the decades of writing & editing for tech magazines shows through sometimes. :)