Home The Bridge
Options

Please Offer 5* Mobile Doctor in Event

I've bought a LOT of packs and did TONS of honor beholds during the summer sale. Haven't seen a Mobile Doctor in several years. I'd love a chance to snag even one of him for that elusive Indulgent Seven.

Comments

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Haven't they made him available to buy for $10 multiple times now? At least twice anyway.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They almost never put an existing 5* in a new event.
  • Options
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Haven't they made him available to buy for $10 multiple times now? At least twice anyway.

This!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

They made him available right as Dr 7 was introduced and he was either offered again or in a 6-pack (forget which).

But yes, offering him in pick-6s would be nice...
  • Options

Not since before the Cheesecake Seven fusion was introduced. I had purchased his LTO way back when. And he sat in my inventory at 2/5 for a long long time! I kept a close eye to see if he would be offered in any packs or available anywhere. It wasn't until this latest honor sale that I saw him again, and he ended up being one of my choices. @BigDaddyTaylor, CPT. (SJ) is correct, he hasn't been offered in a pack or event since before the fusion. I was also keeping my eye out for him.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the $10 options the next time there's an EMH event.

He'd also make for an interesting campaign legendary, although I don't think that's likely to happen.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I would gladly throw down some dil on a discounted portal pull to try and get him. But I'm pretty sure he's been hiding since the fusion was possible. Even in a discounted pack the company makes money...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    I've been debating starting this exact same thread. I've been waiting for him for what feels like an eternity. Please, please, please!

And to answer the question, the last time he was offered as a $10 sale was when Cheesecake Seven was introduced (July 30th 2019). He was also offered in a theme pack in the last year (can't find that info); I don't think it's been more than once though.

What would be nice is to have a fusion pack offered: both Bynars, Coffee Janeway, Lizard Paris, Angry Seven, and Mobile Doc. I could see it selling very well.

That Fusion Pack is a good idea. If they hadn't cancelled No Rugrats Picard, they could have included the Nausicaan as the new Crew, and whichever Picard we need, if it was going to be a Fusion Card.....

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I remember some people wanting a fusion card collection a while back, i would be into that but only if it was like indignant seven, mobile doc and indulgent seven for example, so not just the fused card but you’ll also have to immo the cards needed to get the fusion character. if that makes sense :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    But for the sake of all those who don't spend cash (and therefore have drastically reduced odds of finding him in a dishearteningly huge portal), it would be nice to have him in a 3-pack. Flanked by Indignant Seven might be asking for a bit much, but then again how many people would pull and pull and pull that pack? Not needing to worry about getting useless purples after the first set of super rare Sevens would be a nice feeling.

This all boils down to the fact that the portal is one of the weakest parts of the game right now. Veteran players don't need portal pulls because the odds of them getting anything they want is so low, and newer players can't get decent value out of them because there are so many cards available that fusing any purple or gold cards is increasingly difficult. And god help you if you want a specific card because you can be waiting forever. The number one thing they could do to instantly make the game more interesting and friendly is break up the portal.

Precisely. The pool is so diluted that it’s wiser to just expect the result to be honor, to rejoice when you hit the lottery with crew you can actually use or a ship schematic you really need, and otherwise plan on airlocking everyone you get.
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    I pretty much never get 5* from an event anyhow as it's pretty much impossible for normal people to get high enough in ranks, so I don't care much if they put him into an event.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    I remember some people wanting a fusion card collection a while back, i would be into that but only if it was like indignant seven, mobile doc and indulgent seven for example, so not just the fused card but you’ll also have to immo the cards needed to get the fusion character. if that makes sense :smile:

I like this idea!
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    KaiRo wrote: »
    I pretty much never get 5* from an event anyhow as it's pretty much impossible for normal people to get high enough in ranks, so I don't care much if they put him into an event.

?

It’s pretty much a lock for normal players to be able to get top 1500 in a skirmish provided that they bank enough chrons before the event (I usually do 3000 just to be on the safe side), and have a ship/crew that they get max points from and don’t have to repair between battles.

And now with the fast forward for ship battles, it’s not nearly the time sink that it was.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

?

It’s pretty much a lock for normal players to be able to get top 1500 in a skirmish provided that they bank enough chrons before the event (I usually do 3000 just to be on the safe side), and have a ship/crew that they get max points from and don’t have to repair between battles.

And now with the fast forward for ship battles, it’s not nearly the time sink that it was.

While you are correct in general, there may be factors such as time to play the game and his actual date of start. 3k chrons isn't as easy with only one voyage a day or less depending on free time. Finding a balance between spending to FE crew and saving for events can be tricky depending on where you are at. Once you start picking up a few Golds from the portal and pick up more purples, they require chron heavy components. Saving chrons and focusing on a few limited cards at a time can be frustrating and it's always tempting to level every good card you get when you get it. I feel both of you have a different view of what a "normal" player is. While skirmishes are the easiest to rank high in first, they are also the least frequently run. I'd have to check but I believe there was a stretch of 9 weeks or more without even a hybrid skirmish. When I first started ranking for skirmish Golds the score was roughly 650-700k. That benchmark has gone up and is closing on 900k+ consistently. Without knowing his luck at schematics and Golds, I don't know that it's fair to imply how easy it should be.

I wouldn't mind the chance to get the mobile doc. I'd love to see him in a skirmish or a galaxy.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

?

While you are correct in general, there may be factors such as time to play the game and his actual date of start. 3k chrons isn't as easy with only one voyage a day or less depending on free time. Finding a balance between spending to FE crew and saving for events can be tricky depending on where you are at. Once you start picking up a few Golds from the portal and pick up more purples, they require chron heavy components. Saving chrons and focusing on a few limited cards at a time can be frustrating and it's always tempting to level every good card you get when you get it. I feel both of you have a different view of what a "normal" player is. While skirmishes are the easiest to rank high in first, they are also the least frequently run. I'd have to check but I believe there was a stretch of 9 weeks or more without even a hybrid skirmish. When I first started ranking for skirmish Golds the score was roughly 650-700k. That benchmark has gone up and is closing on 900k+ consistently. Without knowing his luck at schematics and Golds, I don't know that it's fair to imply how easy it should be.

I wouldn't mind the chance to get the mobile doc. I'd love to see him in a skirmish or a galaxy.

I would add that the skirmish changes have made it easier to clear threshold, but not rank. It's just inflated scores. Skirmishes may require the least amount of crew, but they take the biggest amount of time.

Also, with ~100k active players based on arena, I don't think it's fair to call the top 1.5% of players "normal".
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Exanimus wrote: »

?

I would add that the skirmish changes have made it easier to clear threshold, but not rank. It's just inflated scores. Skirmishes may require the least amount of crew, but they take the biggest amount of time.

Also, with ~100k active players based on arena, I don't think it's fair to call the top 1.5% of players "normal".

kxuxy6reixtj.jpeg

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust