Home The Bridge
Options

Re: Privacy Policy

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in The Bridge
TP, in your privacy policy it states:

" If you do not provide us with consent to use your data for personalized ads, we will not share your personal data (such as Advertising ID) with our advertising partners and will indicate to them that you have not consented to the use of this data for personalized ads."

But I see no place to deny this part, and I have to 'CONFIRM' it in order to move forward from the new update. Please explain where we can opt out of this. Thank you.

Trista

Comments

• Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I think it asks that in the next part after you confirm the two boxes for the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. The next screen asks about personalized ads, which you can deny.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I think it asks that in the next part after you confirm the two boxes for the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. The next screen asks about personalized ads, which you can deny.

Thank you @Bound2Fate
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit worrying that they still haven't fixed the English in their ToS. I noticed a few months back that the new TP ToS (click "TERMS OF SERVICE" at the bottom of this page) had a few English mistakes, including one punctuation error that meant no players are allowed to play the game at all. :|

Oddly enough, the Japanese version didn't make the same mistake. :confused:
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    It's a bit worrying that they still haven't fixed the English in their ToS. I noticed a few months back that the new TP ToS (click "TERMS OF SERVICE" at the bottom of this page) had a few English mistakes, including one punctuation error that meant no players are allowed to play the game at all. :|

Oddly enough, the Japanese version didn't make the same mistake. :confused:

If you happen to know where that was and can provide a screenshot, I will forward it to the relevant team :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    TP, in your privacy policy it states:

" If you do not provide us with consent to use your data for personalized ads, we will not share your personal data (such as Advertising ID) with our advertising partners and will indicate to them that you have not consented to the use of this data for personalized ads."

But I see no place to deny this part, and I have to 'CONFIRM' it in order to move forward from the new update. Please explain where we can opt out of this. Thank you.

Trista

For personalized ads there is a specific pop up, as Bound2Fate mentioned.
    In settings you should also see that option as well.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the loading screen "Q"uip new?!?!?

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DScott, it might be new, or it might be the one from the first time we logged into the game, which is my thinking.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    DScott, it might be new, or it might be the one from the first time we logged into the game, which is my thinking.

It might be the first log in one. Now that I have listened to it a few times. For those who have updated yet, it's a pretty extended audio clip. And so far has played every time I open the game. It's still going sometimes when the arrows pop up in the lower right corner, to go into the game.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?