Home Make It So!
Options

The current privacy policy may violate EU legislation.

So, I launched ST Timelines in Steam just to get a message about accepting two changes that Tiliting Point (TP) and after I read it through I started to read the 9th article in the privacy policy and after I read this, what I quoted below, I stop reading.
9. Your Rights
For users located in the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), if we are processing your data, you have the right to:

access, correct, or request the deletion of your data,
request us to restrict our processing of your data,
object to our processing of your data to the extent our processing is based on our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, or
where technically feasible, request a copy in machine-readable format of the personal data we have collected from you pursuant to this Policy.

Where our processing of your data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that we may continue processing your data despite your withdrawal of consent, if we also have another lawful basis for doing so. To access your data in our Games or to request its deletion, please contact us at privacy@tiltingpoint.com. To unsubscribe from our marketing communications, please use the unsubscribe link provided in the messages we send. The unsubscribe link is typically found at the end of the message. To exercise any of your rights, you may also contact us at privacy@tiltingpoint.com. To fulfill requests submitted by email, we may need to confirm your identity to verify your right to make the request, which may involve requesting additional information from you. For example, we may ask you to provide sufficiently detailed information about the account to which the request relates to enable us to confirm that you are the account holder or acting on their behalf. While we will usually not do so, we reserve the right to charge you an appropriate fee for the exercise of your rights where permitted by applicable laws and regulations. If you believe that we have infringed your privacy rights, please contact us so that we can try to resolve the issue. However, if you are an EU resident, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.

The way I see it that part, I bolded, needs to be removed from the privacy policy, because if any European residents accept this then one has accpeted a clause in which we, European residents, give up our right to deny TP personal information which itself is controlled by the EU GDPR-directive. The only reason TP may have for continue processing personal data is, if a European resident is directly involved in an investigation for violating the Terms of Service (ToS) then the bolded part is acceptable.

Or at least TP inform a European resident(s) about processing personal data despite our removal of our consent.

One more thing, I am from Sweden and not a lawyer, but I do know a thing or two about EU and I'm 99% sure this policy may violate EU legislation.