Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Issues

After the length of time that Voyages have been in beta testing and live why are there still issues?

Is DB currently working on identifying and fixing issues with voyages?

(It is extraordinarily upsetting that my 7.30 Hr voyage just disappeared when I hit the Recall button with 20 anti to spare.)

Comments

• Options
    Mine just ran 8.5 hours and everything disappeared completely. No rewards, no text, just completely blank. I'm hoping when it returns, so will everything that was earned, but I'm not holding my breath. Total write off...
  • Options
    Mine just ran 8.5 hours and everything disappeared completely. No rewards, no text, just completely blank. I'm hoping when it returns, so will everything that was earned, but I'm not holding my breath. Total write off...

Exactly the same thing happened to me earlier - except everything disappeared from (I assume) pretty early on. Tried restarting and different platform but still empty - no dilemmas etc. Recalled the voyage after nearly 6 hours and when it got back, got rewards consistent with 2 hours ie 2 honour and a couple of dozen chronatons.

Poor show :(

Was going to post a screenshot but apparently I have to be around a little longer to post links. Obviously the day to get poked in the eye multiple times by DB. :s
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much AM did u have left when u recalled? You can lose up to 32 AM after you recall. 2 for immediate fuel and 30 if there was a hazard coming up next when you recalled. The hazard is automatically failed and you lose 30 AM even though you recalled before the hazard appeared. If you hit 0 AM after recall the voyage disappears.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DinossDinoss ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I have also had the voyage just disappear after hitting recall. I realize that it can consume the next dialogue whether it is a hazard or just random thing, but if that was the issue it would say that it failed after I logged back in to check on it. No such message was received. I hit recall and confirm that I want to recall and then it is just gone immediately.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have AM when the blue bar is doing its countdown you cannot lose antimatter when you hit recall. If you do it is a bug. I am playing on iPad and iPhone. I have never lost AM when the bar is still blue and I hit recall.
  • Options
    There is a lag in Voyages if You let it open for a while, the actual event is a bit ahead than the displayed text. If you go back to space map then open the voyage again it will synchronize again. I always do it a when my antimatter below 100 to avoid this "system failure bug after pushed recall button" bug.
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten anything from my 10 hour voyage that i was forced to recall because it was "stuck" there for days and CS said they'd get back to me once the issues have been resolved. Gotta love spending dilithium getting nothing and customer service blowing you off. Not to mention the days of downtime with the crew tied up and unable to run more voyages, much less anything else.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ambrosius77 yes I have noticed that lag too. I have never tried recalling because the galaxy map showed failure. I figure I would be taking a chance of losing mission. And you may be right on the problem here.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice the galaxy map has shown failure for me, and I was still able to recall. I also never open the voyage screen once the recall has begun. It seems to sometimes trigger another event/hazard.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved this to Engineering Room.
    There are fixes coming for Voyages, I have not ETA yet.

However I would like more information on this disappearance.
    What exactly do you mean by that? The Voyage disappears and is not in a recall state?
    The crew is immediately released?
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Having pressed recall at about 20 antimatter the screen reverted to the "+" start a new voyage state. the recall counter did not initiate and no rewards received. No "spend dil to continue".

Shan, I believe that the issue occurs when clicking recall at below about 40 antimatter. The post above seems plausible that the voyage timed out on the server but not on the local app.
  • Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I lost another 5 hours long mission because when I hit the recall button, with 90 AM to spare, the mission failed.

If you people at DB can't make a damn counter bulletproof, put a setting to allow players to program the recall to automatically work when AM reach a certain point. Stop trying nickel and dime on us, especially because this bug DON'T EVEN LET ME TO REFILL the failed mission.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I moved this to Engineering Room.
    There are fixes coming for Voyages, I have not ETA yet.

However I would like more information on this disappearance.
    What exactly do you mean by that? The Voyage disappears and is not in a recall state?
    The crew is immediately released?

I'm pretty sure the bug is related to a sort of "desync" between your server and our client. Any amount of lag will gradually increase the problem to a point that I lost missions with 90+AM to spare.
  • Options
    I just had another voyage stuck at a dilemma, evertime i went in normal sceen showed, timer counted 20 seconds and then set back to 12hs, but no dilemma popping up. Had to recall with 2700 antimatter left, which i refreshed 10 min before the bugged dilemma. PLEASE finally fix this *****. This happened already the third time! I am losing dilthium and loot!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still working on this, we all hope to have a fix soon.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We are still working on this, we all hope to have a fix soon.

We (most of us hopefully) really appreciate your diligence on this Shan! Although, having a better timeframe than "soon" would be helpful. Just sayin' ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I think I have recieved phantom notifications after recalling voyages. I suspect this is on the local app.
    I think that the issue is being caused by the apps automated messaging sending a message to the server, overriding the servers status for the voyage which has been modified by the user.
    This would account both recalled voyages subsequently failing, the phantom messages and other issues.
    Check that manually recalling a voyage properly updates the local apps messaging status.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    I think I have recieved phantom notifications after recalling voyages. I suspect this is on the local app.
    I think that the issue is being caused by the apps automated messaging sending a message to the server, overriding the servers status for the voyage which has been modified by the user.
    This would account both recalled voyages subsequently failing, the phantom messages and other issues.
    Check that manually recalling a voyage properly updates the local apps messaging status.

Whats odd is I almost always ONLY get the wrong Dilemma notices. I've gotten 1 in the last week when I actually did have a dilemma waiting.