Home The Bridge
Options

Temporary Achievement Feedback

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Without going into the debate about the arena ticket count, I wanted to offer some other feedback for the achievements.

Overall I like the achievements. They feel mostly well balanced to be more work than the daily tasks, but are still within reach of most players.

The one thing that feels lacking is the achievements don't build on each other. For McCoy and Janeway, because it was a crew offered for each achievement there was a push to get each one done so I could get another star and make the crew even better. Since these are all self contained achievements there is no real sense than completing one is connected to the other. I can do the level up crew and away missions quickly. But then there is no rush for the scan, arena, or shuttles. I'll get there when I get there. If they had all been a 5* crew again, especially if it was a Picard with a bonus this week, then I would be rushing to get them all done so I could have the 4/5 for the event.

I know we can't always expect to get a 5* crew, but if there are other ways for each one to build on the others that could still help.

Maybe a new 4* and we could get 4/4 by completing all the achievements. Maybe there is a extra achievement for "complete all temporary achievements", and that is where the 5* citation reward was. That way there is an incentive for completing them all beyond the rewards for the specific achievement.

Just my two cents. Happy to hear what other people think.

Comments

• Options
    I liked getting a Legendary citation as a reward for one of the achievements. I had been working on citing up my freebie Medic Jett Reno which I was able to accomplish yesterday. That helped me finally complete the Jury Rigger collection which got me 5 single pulls (honor and useless schematics, oh well) so now I can move on to my next legendary card project.
    I’m okay with the rewards that were offered - a legendary citation? Yes please. More dilithium? Definitely. Premium 10 pulls? Okay, although with what’s in the portal I’m not sure how much I’ll benefit but I’ll take it.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I like the idea of adding an incentive to get players to do more than dailies, whether it's over the course of a week, 2 weeks or even a month. It seems weird tracking the accomplishments within the achievement window, which were originally intended to be unlocked over time as you played and advanced within the game (I like keeping those types of personal achievements separate from these sorts of temporary achievements).

This sort of incentive-based list of goals is more like a personal mini-event, which I think is good. I like having more challenging stretch goals as well (if each type of goal has multiple tiers), which would require more dedicated gameplay to unlock (as opposed to requiring in-game currency). I like that the incentives would differ for each of these mini-events, possibly rotating between a 5* crew (ie: McCoy & Janeway), dilithium (ie: the pilot for this sort of thing), honor, premium packs, citations, or a mix of rewards.

At the very least, this gives long-time players more reason to do more than their dailies or event-related activities, especially once you have limited/no crew left to level.

---

I also like the idea of a similar mini-event (1-week, 2-week or 1-month), with extreme common goals that your entire fleet (or possibly the whole player community) works towards accomplishing.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I like the idea of adding a 4*. They could also add an old 5* or some ship schematics to reach the same goal.
    Crew probably works the best and even with a new 4* or an old weak 5* it would still lead to more involvement than without a crew :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy to get the Legendary Cite. One of the Premium Ten Pulls had four Beholds. Two were FF 4 🌟 Crew. Other two I got a second 🌟 for Garak, Elim Garak and a new to me Crell Mosat.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    True. Many of us yesterday after update os Steam loose chance for arena achieve. Because bug, when you win arena match it doesn't count. Ticket is send, no replay.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    If I had one piece of feedback to give WRG, it would be this: make sure all achievements have at least some wiggle room. The only temporary achievement to not have this, since they started, is the one that costs a premium currency. If the game bugs or or you just forget, you can't get to the 70 arena battle tier without spending dilithium. In future iterations, I'd like to see all achievements have at least a little bit of leeway.

I agree on this. I also brought it up in the other thread, not because I wanted to complain (the achievements are great!) but because bugs and wifi issues happen and even if the Steam issue didn't happen, knowing that there is 0 margin to reach the free tier of this achievement means that:

1) For those who tend to have crashes on arena battles from time to time (I'm thinking wifi issues, but also Facebook players) this will make the experience needlessly stressful.

2) It will probably result in unnecessary CS tickets because of 1 or 2 missing battles.

3) If people can't get their tickets back from CS they will be frustrated for missing out on the second-best reward in these achievements or for losing 150 dilithium to buy extra tickets.
  • Options
    Greetings, Captains!

We are aware of an issue that occurs when completing an Arena Battle, resulting in an assortment of error messages and possible failure to credit participation or victory. We have rolled back our Steam platform to version 7.5.2. in hopes of mitigating the issue, and are investigating non-Steam instances of this issue as well. We are continuing to investigate the issue and will hopefully have a more permanent solution soon.

Thank you for your understanding,

Wicked Realm Games

That is respons on my ticket. Lol. Kiss dill good bye...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Puknuti wrote: »
    Greetings, Captains!

We are aware of an issue that occurs when completing an Arena Battle, resulting in an assortment of error messages and possible failure to credit participation or victory. We have rolled back our Steam platform to version 7.5.2. in hopes of mitigating the issue, and are investigating non-Steam instances of this issue as well. We are continuing to investigate the issue and will hopefully have a more permanent solution soon.

Wicked Realm Games

Escalate the Ticket, I would say. The technician that sent back the boilerplate response probably has zero idea there is a Temporary Achievement going on. Be detailed when you ask for follow-up. That it blocks you from completing the Achievement without having to spend extra Dilithium on top of what is needed to spend to complete the Achievement, if there are no errors.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    +1 for having some older or 'lower tier' legendries as rewards. When you get a Citation you don't feel you can use it on less useful crew and they stay hanging around unloved. In some ways they did this in the freebie drop by giving good card, a good card that had already been given away and a less useful card. This mini event has been a nice diversion from the usual, without feeling like a slog.

I even pulled a third star on a legendary kirk in one of the pack rewards to go with freebie kirk.

Anyone know why the single card/reward is called a 'pack'? When i saw a Premium pack I first thought it was a 10 pull, not a single draw.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine giving players a choice between different rewards for completing an achievement would involve "extensive UI work" - I feel like the way they set up that last arena threshold was a nice way to give players the choice between packs or dil at the end.

The drawback being that it feels crappy to the player, since they can't really save up non-premium currency or spend time to finish that achievement.

It would probably be better to avoid that sort of situation until the UI can be sorted out, if indeed allowing the player to choose was the intention here. I bet people would have been happier if the achievements rolled out with no tier 3 arena reward and just gave dil at 70 battles. It's the psychology of it all.

They can do what they did with a pack offer a while ago. Create a pack with a single behold. Set the pack price at a crazy DIL/Honor amount so no one will buy it directly. Then make the reward for the achievement be a token for that pack. Now players can win the token by completing the achievement, then go to claim it via the portal and have a choice of rewards.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I imagine giving players a choice between different rewards for completing an achievement would involve "extensive UI work" - I feel like the way they set up that last arena threshold was a nice way to give players the choice between packs or dil at the end.

The drawback being that it feels crappy to the player, since they can't really save up non-premium currency or spend time to finish that achievement.

It would probably be better to avoid that sort of situation until the UI can be sorted out, if indeed allowing the player to choose was the intention here. I bet people would have been happier if the achievements rolled out with no tier 3 arena reward and just gave dil at 70 battles. It's the psychology of it all.

They can do what they did with a pack offer a while ago. Create a pack with a single behold. Set the pack price at a crazy DIL/Honor amount so no one will buy it directly. Then make the reward for the achievement be a token for that pack. Now players can win the token by completing the achievement, then go to claim it via the portal and have a choice of rewards.

I had forgotten about those, but I'm not sure they'd be any more elegant a solution. I went back through the conversations from then (leap year sale) and it was a lot of people saying 'What are DB smoking offering a begold for 15,000 dil??'

I do like the idea of tokens in general - we brought that up on the stream with Ben recently about either tokens from gauntlet to allow you to choose or behold different gauntlet exclusives or a pack token from event thresholds to let you choose between different kinds of packs in the time portal. I think the constraint currently is the UI work involved. That seems to be the choke point for several suggestions that Ben/WRG has discussed recently.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

I had forgotten about those, but I'm not sure they'd be any more elegant a solution. I went back through the conversations from then (leap year sale) and it was a lot of people saying 'What are DB smoking offering a begold for 15,000 dil??'

I do like the idea of tokens in general - we brought that up on the stream with Ben recently about either tokens from gauntlet to allow you to choose or behold different gauntlet exclusives or a pack token from event thresholds to let you choose between different kinds of packs in the time portal. I think the constraint currently is the UI work involved. That seems to be the choke point for several suggestions that Ben/WRG has discussed recently.

That Event would have went a lot smoother, if the BeGolds simply had the Token cost on them, instead of the huge amount of Dilithium. Would it have been impossible to code them so the button said one Token?

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    Some lesser citations would've been nice, too, preceding the legendary. We've all got tons of super-rares, I'm sure...and I'm still waiting to cite a couple rares who aren't in the portal.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    Having some beholds as rewards, plus a fully-frozen/completed behold yielding a citation of equal strength, that would really be great ;)
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    That would be nice. I'm getting a few 3x FF beholds now. Those converting into a citation would be fantastic. Give it a cool effect, like them beaming away and the cite appearing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Puknuti wrote: »
    Greetings, Captains!

Wicked Realm Games

Escalate the Ticket, I would say. The technician that sent back the boilerplate response probably has zero idea there is a Temporary Achievement going on. Be detailed when you ask for follow-up. That it blocks you from completing the Achievement without having to spend extra Dilithium on top of what is needed to spend to complete the Achievement, if there are no errors.

Same issue here, playing on the Android client. Ended with 99/100 after starting with 90/100 this morning. Bought another arena ticket pack and have opened a ticket spelling out the whole issue and asking for the cost back. We'll see what happens...
  • Options
    ADD A TIMER. Period.