Home The Bridge
Options

New ships

Am I the only one to never see a copy of any of the new ships in a portal pull or the dabo wheel? If we have no way of leveling those ships up then they are useless. So, once again, anyone get lucky after the initial ship packs?

Comments

• Options
    like crew, there are periodic updates to add ships to the pull pool
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    Just call me impatient then.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this case you're not impatient, DB/WRG is slow. They update ships in the portal even slower than crew. And Dabo is even worse. I think there has only been one dabo update to include new ships.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I don’t understand the T’Ong isn’t available from dabo or voyages.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regard to 5* ships, there are three places you can find them. However, they are updated in different ways and on different schedules. The last time the Dabo Wheel schematics were updated was June 2019 when the ISS Defiant and the USS Shenzhou were added; it has not been updated since. The other ships that are available here are the original ships in the game.

To the best of my knowledge, Voyages, the second best place to get schematics in large quantities, has never been updated from the original set of 5* ships (which are: ISS Enterprise, HMS Bounty, Borg Cube, D'Kora Krayton, and the Prakesh). I would welcome a correction here, should someone know better than me.

The last way, ie: the slowest way, is through the Portal/packs. The last time new schematics were added was not long after the Dabo update: August 2019. Worth noting that was the beginning of most of a year without any new 5* ships being added to the game (the next new 5* was the Artifact in April of this year).

Technically, ships should be added to the portal just like cards, ie: anything six months or older from the date of the update is added to the portal (ex: so the earliest the Artifact could be added would be about October 2020; the new Borg Diamond would be about March 2021). However, as you can see from that update in August of 2019, they sped things up that time; the Fed Fighter had only been in the game two months. So ships being added to different parts of the game is sporadic.

The only consistent way to level ships up is through the Arena. And that fact has made the repeating of last year's reward schedule MOST IRKSOME to some of us (ie: ME!). I am expecting the repeating schedule to continue into 2021; maybe ending in April, which is when the repeating started this year (we'll have our first clue in November, when we see January 2021's ships). So, plan accordingly!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    In this case you're not impatient, DB/WRG is slow. They update ships in the portal even slower than crew. And Dabo is even worse. I think there has only been one dabo update to include new ships.

They have been slow on Arena reward updates but EnderW correctly points out that the last portal update had a surprise by including all ships not yet in the portal, regardless of how new they were. It would be nice if that holds true for future portal updates.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, Voyages, the second best place to get schematics in large quantities, has never been updated from the original set of 5* ships (which are: ISS Enterprise, HMS Bounty, Borg Cube, D'Kora Krayton, and the Prakesh). I would welcome a correction here, should someone know better than me.

NX-01 Enterprise was released early enough to make it onto voyages