Home Ready Room

a question

Does anyone now how many captains are in the game and how many squads and fleets? Just curious.

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    You van get an estimate from the arena. Usually commander division has the most players. You can scroll down and see how many are ranked. Some captains choose not to play arena, so this is a low estimate.

Squadrons, I have no idea. Maybe divide the number of captains by 3? I don't know any real way to tell.

There's a fleet leader board somewhere. You can probably scroll to the bottom of it and get a good idea for how many fleets have at least one active player.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are at least about 7000 squadrons - one of my fleet mates is steadfast in remaining in her squad, of which she is the only member, which took 6,822nd place. She individually finished just inside the top 10,000, though I don’t know how many VP that would have equated to.

An estimate could be higher than that - how many other 1-person squadrons are out there and how many squadrons are formed from players that can’t regularly crack the top 25,000 never mind the top 10,000 for individual ranks? On the flip side, how many people haven’t joined a squadron or a fleet and fly completely solo? It’s tough to tell even by scoring the absolute minimum possible amount in any given event, because there are probably a decent number of players in any given weekend who are busy with family, work, vacations, or just are taking a break from playing.
    You van get an estimate from the arena. Usually commander division has the most players. You can scroll down and see how many are ranked. Some captains choose not to play arena, so this is a low estimate.

Squadrons, I have no idea. Maybe divide the number of captains by 3? I don't know any real way to tell.

There's a fleet leader board somewhere. You can probably scroll to the bottom of it and get a good idea for how many fleets have at least one active player.

For the arena, I just look at the ranks listed under each division’s reward structure - there are 100,112 captains in the Commander division, 57,493 in the Captain Division, and 66,210 in the Admiral division. Given that the two week period of inactivity before you get dropped to Unranked doesn’t always hold true (I didn’t touch the Commander division for months and still hung around 26,000th place but it took only three weeks to drop to Unranked in the Captain division), somewhere between the Commander division number and the Admiral division number seems likeliest to me. Maybe 75,000 regular, active players? Possibly more, to account for anyone who refuses to play the arena and will take the 200 honor per day hit to avoid it.
  • According to the fleet leaderboard there were 6783 fleets that played In the Taste Confounds.
  • I'm not sure if all fleets actually appear in the fleet leaderboard. I've sometimes tried to look up fleets that people were members of and didn't find them on the list. That might have been because of a name change, but since I'm not sure how the fleet leaderboard is updated, I don't know how likely each of the two options is.
  • My squad is currently 13659th for this event, 2 members, one with 10VP the other with 45VP, 10VP is 36214 9or joint 34984th if you prefer
  • The fleet leaderboard shows a disturbing drop in fleet numbers over the past year.
  • Ya, it may be that there's less people playing now. It's just a matter of finding a group of people that you get along good with and sticking it out with them. it's a matter of enjoying the game together. I'd rather be in a small group that enjoy the game together rather than a large group of annoying people.
  • GaucheKurt wrote: »
    Ya, it may be that there's less people playing now. It's just a matter of finding a group of people that you get along good with and sticking it out with them. it's a matter of enjoying the game together. I'd rather be in a small group that enjoy the game together rather than a large group of annoying people.

You are right on that score. Got a good squad in a good fleet. We all support one another and share info and strategies.