Home The Bridge
Options

New in Vault: Ambassador V'Lar

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in The Bridge
Vulcan and diplomat collections.
(Edit:) DIP/CMD - see stats below.
Lwaxana is also a diplomat.
The other dude (Edit: Ambassador Soval) is both Vulcan and diplomat.
If you're chasing collections, these packs might be appealing.
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, just DIP and COM for skills. Not that we saw any other skills on screen, but you’d think they might have lobbed the customary SCI that so many Vulcans get.
  • Options
    V'lar got a Tier 8 ranking in the Big Book, so it might not be worth chasing her. DIP base just inside the top 25, so some shuttle value, though you probably have decent DIP/CMD options already.

Although the collection(s) factor is primary for these packs, the Super Rares also fill out collections (Sarek and Spock have Vulcan, while all 3 have Diplomat) and are at least OK: Sarek and Shras are Tier 4, while Spock's Tier 7 is balanced by his event potential.
  • Options
    1 of the worst tuesday packs ever. All add crew with crap stats, not worth a single pull imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping Spocktober will help with Vulcan collection.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The stats are pretty ugly. Otherwise, I might have been interested. I’m starting to get more interested in big base crew with decent traits to be more competitive in faction events. Don’t really need better Voyagers ATM, or rare skills, so 2 skillers with common shuttle traits is A-OK with me. However, two things seem to plague all 2 skillers:

1) Why isn’t the primary base bigger for 2 skillers? I have three skillers with their primary base bigger than 1269. No excuses, it’s just downright silly. If you want to make 2 skill Legendaries desirable, this is not the way to do it.

2) Proficiency numbers on 2 skillers are nearly pointless (unless they’re big enough to be viable for Gauntlet.) Here, where the proficiency numbers are too high to be useful in any way, but still too low to be useful for Gauntlet really irritates me. If you MUST give 2 skillers proficiency numbers, make them super low (and put some of those numbers into the base) or super high (for gauntlet) by proficiency numbers in the 400s? What can even be done with this? 😡

This is simply a collections card for those who need Vulcans and Diplomats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It would be nice if at some point they added a feature where using two-skillers to compete actually gave an advantage.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    The stats are pretty ugly. Otherwise, I might have been interested. I’m starting to get more interested in big base crew with decent traits to be more competitive in faction events. Don’t really need better Voyagers ATM, or rare skills, so 2 skillers with common shuttle traits is A-OK with me. However, two things seem to plague all 2 skillers:

1) Why isn’t the primary base bigger for 2 skillers? I have three skillers with their primary base bigger than 1269. No excuses, it’s just downright silly. If you want to make 2 skill Legendaries desirable, this is not the way to do it.

2) Proficiency numbers on 2 skillers are nearly pointless (unless they’re big enough to be viable for Gauntlet.) Here, where the proficiency numbers are too high to be useful in any way, but still too low to be useful for Gauntlet really irritates me. If you MUST give 2 skillers proficiency numbers, make them super low (and put some of those numbers into the base) or super high (for gauntlet) by proficiency numbers in the 400s? What can even be done with this? 😡

You are probably right, but that still doesn’t mean there aren’t big and easily resolved problems with 2 skill cards. Like, just make the base a bit higher than 3 skill cards so they’re usable for faction events (especially when you’re going for rank and running multiple shuttles), and very desirable when their traits come up. Whether it’s a collection card or not, it’s still silly that a new 2 skill card’s primary skill wouldn’t crack the top 20, no?
  • Options

You are probably right, but that still doesn’t mean there aren’t big and easily resolved problems with 2 skill cards. Like, just make the base a bit higher than 3 skill cards so they’re usable for faction events (especially when you’re going for rank and running multiple shuttles), and very desirable when their traits come up. Whether it’s a collection card or not, it’s still silly that a new 2 skill card’s primary skill wouldn’t crack the top 20, no?

OT: I would much prefer a system in which cards had obvious trade-offs. Like, 2 skill cards have higher bases and are much more preferable for daily shuttle work and faction events, and 3 skillers are much more preferable for Voyages but there is an obvious step-down for shuttle work. Not one Burnham card to rule them all.
  • Options

I agree. I do not think any legendary should only have two skills. Too hard to get and immortalize legendaries to have any weakened.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It would be nice if at some point they added a feature where using two-skillers to compete actually gave an advantage.

it would be nice if TP made the game a little bit less stale.... 😛
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I would go even further for Voyages. Create a 2 skill card with two very strong skills. Top 100 overall and top 1 in their skill pair. Make them be someone you might think about using on a Voyage even with only 2 skills. 2 skillers don't have to be bad, it's just that tp hasn't created a worthwhile 2 skill card. Mccoy has shown it's possible to create a good 1 skill card if they put their mind to it.
  • Options
    The picture was cropped. It should also say Ambassador has +10,000 crit bonus. Her stats are a whole are unremarkable, but the crit bonus plus her inclusion in two important collections makes her valuable.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture was cropped. It should also say Ambassador has +10,000 crit bonus. Her stats are a whole are unremarkable, but the crit bonus plus her inclusion in two important collections makes her valuable.

Are you serious? 10k crit bonus is not even remarkable. Ambassador Spock has 15k, so she's not even the best crit bonus in the pack. And when would that crit bonus come into play? It won't matter in a skirmish event compared to burst damage. You don't see anyone using crit bonus in arena, and if they are, they're using better crit bonuses.

If you like the character and want her, go for her. If you want someone for those two collections, go for her (although I would have a hard time justifying the citations to FF her). But don't take an average at best stat and claim it's great as an excuse to claim she's a better card than she is.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

Are you serious? 10k crit bonus is not even remarkable. Ambassador Spock has 15k, so she's not even the best crit bonus in the pack. And when would that crit bonus come into play? It won't matter in a skirmish event compared to burst damage. You don't see anyone using crit bonus in arena, and if they are, they're using better crit bonuses.

If you like the character and want her, go for her. If you want someone for those two collections, go for her (although I would have a hard time justifying the citations to FF her). But don't take an average at best stat and claim it's great as an excuse to claim she's a better card than she is.

Tbh, I consisently use a crit bonus in both arena and Skirmishes (Klingon Janeway with 10k and 4 sec initialization). 10k isn’t going to benefit me any more than what I'm currently using, but a crew with 15k crit and a quick initialization would be worth a second glance for my preferred approach.

I'm not sure what V'Lar's initialization time, but if it's closer to Janeway's 4 seconds than Spock's 12, that would make her more interesting.
  • Options
    On one hand, i hope Shan is okay, as we haven’t heard anything from her today. On the other hand, it’s been all day and we haven’t heard anything. What’s going on? (Yes it’s ‘just tuesday’ but still unusual) 🖖

Captain Level 99

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    She might be busy preparing updates. We should be due for news on:
    October's Mega Event
    New Campaign
    Mirror Collection
    The Event manager/center thing
    Whatever other new ideas in the works
    That's a lot of updates, plus there was the outages over the weekend and the temporary achievement problems. She's very busy and we will be getting a long update or lots of short ones soon.
    This pack is tempting for the number of crew I don't have, but I'm also low on slots. Skipping it and back to finishing Gralik Durr.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Sorry everyone, I was sick yesterday. Thank you for caring :)

Glad you're with us!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

Stay safe! ❤️🖖

Captain Level 99

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you are feeling better.
    This time of year is bad for those brief illnesses. You get too warm with a jacket during the day, especially if you are being active, but need heat or a blanket at night. My cat has decided it is that time of year to start sleeping with me again after spending summer by the window. My allergies are also going crazy, so there is that problem for some people too. There is pollen, smoke, dust from fields being brought in, etc.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*