Home Engineering Room
Options

Wrong Equipment for Kelby

Just thought I should let you guys know this, though you may already, but Commander Kelby, a super rare purple 4* crew member with Engineering and Command, has an uncommon level Security Codes for equipment at level 53. This gives the crew member +10 to Security and no passive bonuses, and Kelby has no Security, so I can only conclude that this is a mistake. Just thought someone at DB might wish to add this to the to-do list. Thanks.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    Well then he has a hidden SEC skill, nothing unusual, many crew have hidden skills.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Well then he has a hidden SEC skill, nothing unusual, many crew have hidden skills.

Hidden skills have nothing to do with equipment. I believe It's a percentage of the character's lowest skill, so all of a character's unlisted skills are the same no matter the equipment.
    As for the wrong equipment, not sure if it's a mistake or not, but there are a number of characters who equip items that don't add to that character's stats. The wiki references "Gangster Spock's need for The Teaching of Surak Book, which increases Diplomacy and Command. Since Gangster Spock has neither skills, this item's bonuses are completely wasted." Sometimes DB changes these, some of them they leave...or possibly have forgotten about? It's kind of impossible to tell with DB.
  • Options
    Oh I’ve reported issues like this before and yes, they are mistakes. I reported once about Musketeer La Forge having a Wrist Tricorder but not having Science and got a reply that it was indeed a mistake and they’d look into correcting it. Of course, it’s still not corrected that I know of, but nevertheless at least DB is aware of it, or that is, someone, somewhere at DB, is aware of it, lol. That’s the whole point of this Engineering section though, to report bugs and little mistakes like this, and the more people that know, the more light we can shed on such problems, the more likely we’ll see some corrections and improvements. After all, many of us complained ceaselessly about Prisoner Bones not having the Doctor trait and it only took about a year for DB to notice and correct the issue. My point is, have hope and report the mistake.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of crew actually have items that don't only give bonuses to their actual skills.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I would have to respectfully disagree. Most crew in my own experience have had equipment that gives them a bonus of some sort; directly to their skills, to their skill rolls, or as passive bonuses. Incidents like Kelby are overall pretty few and far between. Missing or “incorrect” traits are a much more common occurrence. Again this is limited to my own experience with a 170 or so crew but that number continues to increase, so my experience does as well, as I am sure the same is true for us all. Oh, and if you should come upon something that seems to be a mistake, you should start a discussion here in Engineering like I did.