Home Make It So!
Options

Allow us to "sell back" items for credits

Now that Voyages have made Replicator Rations much more common, dumping items in the replicator is essentially a thing of the past. I haven't used a single schematic or trainer in the replicator since Voyages was launched and now have several thousand of each that will never be used again.

I propose that we kill two birds with one stone and allow players to "sell back" excess inventory (Trainers, Starbase components, Schematics, etc) for credits. This will also help address the credit shortage that many people are facing.

This helps players because it gives us the credits we need to level crew and eliminates items otherwise being wasted.

This helps DB because us leveling crew faster means we are clearing spots to then level more crew and are likely to spend more on packs and other aspects of the game. Nobody is buying credits. If we're out of credits, we just won't level anybody until we get more.
"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Nobody is buying credits.
    Are you sure this is the case? I assume this whole credit crunch/replicator ration dump is an experiment on DB's part to see if people will buy credits. I am a bit ashamed to admit that I have spent 10 dil twice to get enough credits to build something I was working on because spending alleviates the frustration of having all the components for something and being unable to build it. I'm not planning on doing it again, but I swore to myself early on I wouldn't use dil for credits and here we are.

It would be really nice though to be able to do something with those thousands of trainers, ship schematics, rarely used items and starbase components.
  • Options
    I do buy credits(mostly 10 dilth for 32k only) as well as i do buy tickets(24 so 30 total) on saturdays challenge to farm 2.4 m, and i know some more which do so.

As long as there is an option to get them, i am fine with it. Wouldn t complain about cheaper ways to get them though. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I do buy credits(mostly 10 dilth for 32k only) as well as i do buy tickets(24 so 30 total) on saturdays challenge to farm 2.4 m, and i know some more which do so.

As long as there is an option to get them, i am fine with it. Wouldn t complain about cheaper ways to get them though. ;)

Buying tickets for the credit cadet challenge isn't the same as buying credits. You're also both completely missing the point. We shouldn't have to buy credits with dil, its the most basic currency in the game. There is someone out there who would spend dil on anything. That doesn't mean we should ignore the fact that we have huge stockpiles of items and a credit shortage with a pretty obvious solution.
  • Options
    I got your point, and I agree with you completely except for the last two sentences of your initial post where you made a generalization about the player base that I knew to be false based on my own personal experiences.
  • Options
    That's fair. I meant it more in a "you can't possibly be selling that many credits so just stop" kinda thing.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this as one way of also alleviating the 1000 item limit issue, since you may have run out of replicator runs when you've identified that you are over the limit.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    People have mentioned a monthly card for both dilithium and credits. Might be worthwhile. At the same time, your statement that we shouldn’t have to buy credits is amusing. Honestly, you don’t have to buy credits. Complete the daily challenges, save them up, and use accordingly. What you are really bothered about is that the influx of daily credits (through daily rewards) is insufficient to sustain your current rate of character development. DB has offered several ways to supplement that basic influx. You can buy credits straight out for dilithium, run missions, you can buy extra tickets for the Saturday challenge, you can obtain them via chance in the gauntlet, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I would love free credits... but I fail to see any evidence that would prompt DB to alter their current business model.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I fail to see any evidence that would prompt DB to alter their current business model.

Yeah I'm aware. This is the board for suggestions. Hence the suggestion.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I fail to see any evidence that would prompt DB to alter their current business model.

Yeah I'm aware. This is the board for suggestions. Hence the suggestion.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea suggestions don’t actually need a persuasive element to elicit change, or that critiquing said suggestions was unwarranted. By all means, keep moving forward in your present course of action with no real delineation as to what clear, measurable benefit DB could hope to receive. Such postulations are bound to resonate with someone.

All kidding aside, I like the idea of more credits. My question is, how does one sell your suggestion to the powers that be? Hence, a persuasive element within your suggestion DB would be willing to “buy”... Otherwise, what’s the point of even posting a suggestion?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support a "sell-back" option, too. Or actually a trade option for three components into one other component (maybe you got like 1000 basic alcohols and would trade in 99 of them for 33 polyalloys or databases.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I support a "sell-back" option, too. Or actually a trade option for three components into one other component (maybe you got like 1000 basic alcohols and would trade in 99 of them for 33 polyalloys or databases.

That brings up an interesting idea. Maybe not trading for any item, but a way to turn like 50 1* Alcohol into 2* alcohols, etc.

And Soupkitchen, you must be thinking of the "Make It all planned out and do all the work for us so we can copy and paste directly into the code" Forum. This one is just for suggestions. Nowhere is it stated you have to develop a business plan and present it to the board of directors. Whether or not DB can find a way to monetize it and make it good for them doesn't make it any less of a good suggestion for the players. It's a suggestion for us, not a business proposal.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

That brings up an interesting idea. Maybe not trading for any item, but a way to turn like 50 1* Alcohol into 2* alcohols, etc.

And Soupkitchen, you must be thinking of the "Make It all planned out and do all the work for us so we can copy and paste directly into the code" Forum. This one is just for suggestions. Nowhere is it stated you have to develop a business plan and present it to the board of directors. Whether or not DB can find a way to monetize it and make it good for them doesn't make it any less of a good suggestion for the players. It's a suggestion for us, not a business proposal.

You got me! I was clearly thinking of mock-ups and flow charts for the board presentation. And while there, we might as well save a step and code it ourselves. lol And, please do not infer that I think it's a bad idea. I actually like the idea of increased credits. However, just throwing out a suggestion and hoping for the best is not a proven method for getting an idea to come to fruition. It's the Forums...how often does a good suggestion without substance go unnoticed or die on the vine? Look at the multiple pages of threads. I am not saying you have to file an amicus brief with a suggestion, but seriously, the expectation of thought and an explanation that might entice DB isn't illogical. It also isn't asinine to critique a suggestion and ask for more information, i.e. "How might DB be encouraged to do this?" After all, isn't that the goal of the suggestion? To get them to act on it? I threw out an idea for a monthly card for credits. It would be advantageous to DB and players. We could receive the benefit of extra credits, they get added income. Not quite a complete business proposal. It can't be the only idea out there in the nexus.

• Options
    i agree , some things need to be sold , like schematics , i do 5 arena's and meh leave it ...
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes! In Trek universe, there are trading posts, and anything can be recycled. Converting piling up items into credits and/or merits would make a lot of sense.

With infinite replicator rations from voyages now, there's no way I could ever use them, negating the only previous use for overstocked items.
  • Options
    I like the OP,as it has a good "sales" pitch.However,a better idea would be to allow gamers to trade with DB on DB's terms.
  • Options
    I like the OP,as it has a good "sales" pitch.However,a better idea would be to allow gamers to trade with DB on DB's terms.

Trading works best when it's win/win. When terms are negotiated by both sides and both walk away happy.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of positive change in the game has come from both player suggestion and player pressure.
    Not everything has to be on DB's terms. Sometimes they need to come to the table to discuss or meeting requisite needs.