Home The Bridge

Do we really need new ships?

2»

Comments

• give us some option for ships that is similar to citations for crew. If we were allowed to turn unused schematics into a smaller amount of schematics for a specific ship, that could be a solution for example.

like this idea - could take it one step further - create a generic Ship Schematic at 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5* levels, that can be used against any ship of that level - and then these drop on voyages....by length of voyage, so 5* schems drop on 10hrs, 4* on 8 hrs or something like that

That would be great. And they could replace the schematics that are currently dropping from some dilemmas with generic 5* ones.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us some option for ships that is similar to citations for crew. If we were allowed to turn unused schematics into a smaller amount of schematics for a specific ship, that could be a solution for example.

like this idea - could take it one step further - create a generic Ship Schematic at 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5* levels, that can be used against any ship of that level - and then these drop on voyages....by length of voyage, so 5* schems drop on 10hrs, 4* on 8 hrs or something like that

That would be great. And they could replace the schematics that are currently dropping from some dilemmas with generic 5* ones.

Yes, please. I now make an effort to avoid those dilemma choices because I can use the honor and chrons from a normal drop and cannot use any more Prakesh or NX-01 schematics:

25bunmgr0516.png
  • give us some option for ships that is similar to citations for crew. If we were allowed to turn unused schematics into a smaller amount of schematics for a specific ship, that could be a solution for example.

Yes, please. I now make an effort to avoid those dilemma choices because I can use the honor and chrons from a normal drop and cannot use any more Prakesh or NX-01 schematics:

25bunmgr0516.png

Wow! The amount of 5* equipment I could replicate with your schematics..
    :o
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us some option for ships that is similar to citations for crew. If we were allowed to turn unused schematics into a smaller amount of schematics for a specific ship, that could be a solution for example.

25bunmgr0516.png

Wow! The amount of 5* equipment I could replicate with your schematics..
    :o

You probably don’t want to see my collections of replicator rations, starbase materials, or trainers. :) I’ve had a looooong time to save up.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course we need new ships. There are loads we don't have.

The Romulan Bird of Prey.
    The Enterprise B.
    The Excelsior, same class as the Enterprise B, so the same model can be used twice.

For some reason, Enterprise B keeps being bolded, is that a forum bug. o:)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against new ships, but given that, as opposed to new crew, there is no way to max them without spending absurd amounts of dilithium or waiting for years, I'd prefer if new ships didn't have new traits.
    Unless they give us some option for ships that is similar to citations for crew. If we were allowed to turn unused schematics into a smaller amount of schematics for a specific ship, that could be a solution for example.

We could have a shop for schematics. Sell unneeded schematics for a new currency, and then buy the schematics we need. A bit like honor and the honor hall. Newer ships might cost more of the currency, making them harder to get, but also allowing newer players to finish some ships quicker.

As I have suggested in the past, get rid of trainers as the reward for Tuesday cadet missions, and give schematics for the Enterprise B instead. Also give all players a reward of 600 schematics for something, e.g. logging on for seven days, or completing one of the distress calls.
  • Do i need new ships? Not at all, especially since graphics usually havn t been as good as back then when we saw a new ship like every 6 months or so.
    But whatever.. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•