Home The Bridge
Options

Who would you put in a Zhian'tara mega event?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
I think it would be fun to bring all of Dax's hosts into the game. Jadzia talked about them through the series and got to meet them during her Zhian'tara. It would be fun to have a mega event based on that.

Did you know that Zhian'tara Odo is the only crew in the game with the Zhian'tara trait? It would be kind of nice to add to that. The mega event traits could be Zhian'tara and something else - maybe Cultural Figure. Then the new legendary each week could be one of the DS9 cast who participated in the Zhian'tara, so that they would be bonus crew throughout the mega event just like the old days. Also, we would get a main cast legendary each week, much like the player favorite TOS mega event. It's been a while since DS9 got some mega event love anyway, iirc.

On top of that, a being as old as Dax may have some interesting takes on the game's timeline crisis story.

Would you make Jadzia or Ezri the recurring legendary?
Would it fit better if it were Ezri's Zhian'tara?
Which 4 other hosts would you make legendary?
Who would you add as the 4 new SR's?
Which 4 existing SR's would you want to see? (Try to include other series.)
You've got to include Groom Worf, right? Maybe toss in an awkward line with Ezri?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joran Sisko is the mega crew.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    3or03uq4hdoy.jpeg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    This is a great idea! So great that I shall claim it as my own. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trill would have to be the recurring trait, that way you get Lenara and Tummy Ache Riker in too. Also, I would have all the legendaries be Dax's former hosts and the SRs be all the crew who took part in the ritual (mainly because, aside from Odo, no one really changed appearances).
    Joran Sisko is the mega crew.

You misspelled "Headbanger Sisko." :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome idea! Sounds like it would make for a fun story, and some very interesting character skillsets.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Recurring Legendary

Joran SEC/DIP/MED murderer and musician

Legendaries:

Lela (Kira) DIP/CMD/SCI politician and docent

Tobin (O'Brien) END/SCI/CMD engineer

Audrid (Quark) CMD/MED/DIP head of the Trill Symbiosis Commission

AR-558 Ezri MED/SEC/DIP

Super Rares:

Emony (Leeta) DIP/CMD Olympic gymnist

Torias (Bashir) SEC/CMD/DIP pilot and veteran

Verad SCI/SEC/ENG thief

Jadzia ?

It might be interesting to do something about the Trill Symbiosis Commission, which could involve Audrid and Renhol as major players in the story. Although they may also have very similar skills.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would make more sense to be focused on Ezri’s Zhian’tara, so I would go with Jailbreak Ezri (SEC/MED/DIP) as the recurring legendary. Joran, Tobin, Emony, and Torias as the legendaries and Lela, Audrid, Verad, and Yedrin as the new super rare crew.

And run Guilty As Charged as a re-run the week before, so people have a chance to get Zhian’tara Odo while we’re at it.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would make more sense to be focused on Ezri’s Zhian’tara, so I would go with Jailbreak Ezri (SEC/MED/DIP) as the recurring legendary. Joran, Tobin, Emony, and Torias as the legendaries and Lela, Audrid, Verad, and Yedrin as the new super rare crew.

And run Guilty As Charged as a re-run the week before, so people have a chance to get Zhian’tara Odo while we’re at it.

Jailbreak Ezri would be a good enough excuse to use Prisoner Lorca as the existing SR. I'm on board with this. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fun idea. I know it would be impossible to do this event without some version of Tobin, but every time I go through DS9 I have a sort of mental drinking game where I add just a tiny bit more dread to a metaphorical goblet in my mind every time any version of Dax mentions Tobin. The writers got a tad lazy with Dax and just kept bringing up Curzon and Tobin over and over and over and over...Curzon made sense as that was the most recent host and the one who had a mentor/mentee relationship with Sisko, but Tobin was far removed and every reference just added one more fingernail to the mental chalkboard for me.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    You forgot the Guardian who makes the transfer possible.

I’d consider throwing in Ezri’s mother in to the mix, if not her brothers. At least that provides a little more variety.

There needs to be a 3* character also. There’s no 3* Quark as yet so I’d consider moving Audrid to that tier. Or perhaps Lela as Kira also doesn’t have a 3* yet.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    You forgot the Guardian who makes the transfer possible.

I’d consider throwing in Ezri’s mother in to the mix, if not her brothers. At least that provides a little more variety.

There needs to be a 3* character also. There’s no 3* Quark as yet so I’d consider moving Audrid to that tier. Or perhaps Lela as Kira also doesn’t have a 3* yet.

What if Q was the one doing the transfers instead of a Trill guardian?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MonArkMonArk ✭✭✭
    I like this theme a lot.
  • Options
    Great theme and suggestions.

But if you are asking who might TPTB put in the event - Libby (Harry Kim's girlfriend on Earth). Because.