Home The Bridge

Crew Collector, How to Acquire?

As I try to immortalize and freeze my 'baseball card' collection of crew, I have started to run across crew that was exclusively an event reward, or is otherwise not obtainable through pulls, etc. I know there are a lot more in the 4 and 5 * rarities, but in my efforts to finish off my 3 * crew, Nepenthe Riker, Human Airiam and Restless Trip Tucker seem to be currently unobtainable by any means (unless I'm wrong? in which case I'd love to know the secret).

What other crew is currently unavailable and in 'unicorn-status'?

Comments

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, when new crew are introduced they aren't added to the "Portal," which means they won't drop from packs, voyages, et cetera. Once or twice a year there will be a Portal update which adds most newer crew in, but in the meantime they're basically unobtainable.

It's been a while since the last full Portal update, but hopefully we get one for the holidays or the January anniversary. In the meantime, if you didn't get those rare crew from the events that introduced them, all you can do is wait. I also recommend saving up your merits, so you can buy a ton of merit packs after they're added to the Portal.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything added to the game since October 2019 isn’t in the portal except EV Suit Tuvok and Picard at El-Adrel.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    That long ago? Time flies...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, when you combine the time since the last portal update with the couple months of releases preceding the update that don’t get included, it really adds up.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, when you combine the time since the last portal update with the couple months of releases preceding the update that don’t get included, it really adds up.

Last update was March actually.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15767/portal-update-confirmations/p1

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15767/portal-update-confirmations/p1

That sounds more familar.
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Yes - six months since the last update plus leaving the crew released from October 2019 to March out of the pool really adds up.
  • What about Commanding Officer Sisko? I’ve had him at 100 with one star forever...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Commanding Officer Sisko? I’ve had him at 100 with one star forever...

At present, the only way to get this Sisko is through the achievement and that's just the one star. If you want to FF him, you have to spend the honor to get the Rare citations.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • EnderW wrote: »
    What about Commanding Officer Sisko? I’ve had him at 100 with one star forever...

At present, the only way to get this Sisko is through the achievement and that's just the one star. If you want to FF him, you have to spend the honor to get the Rare citations.

That explains it...thanks
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...

• Yes - six months since the last update plus leaving the crew released from October 2019 to March out of the pool really adds up.

Aren't portal updates traditionally 6ish months apart? So it's due for another update.

• Yes - six months since the last update plus leaving the crew released from October 2019 to March out of the pool really adds up.

Aren't portal updates traditionally 6ish months apart? So it's due for another update.

Yep, we're overdue

Yes - six months since the last update plus leaving the crew released from October 2019 to March out of the pool really adds up.

Thanks to @“SSR Barkley” being kind and sharing a chart made by a fleetmate in another topic, we actually have some data on this:

cwi19ab4htoq.jpeg

Either way, we’re due for an update. Given the pandemic and how it has disrupted so many things, there’s certainly a reasonably explanation but hopefully the update comes sooner rather than later.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure we'll probably get one around the holiday or anniversary celebrations.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

I'm super disappointed to read this. He is the only three star crew I'm missing, and I kept wondering why I was never coming across him. When I received him years ago, I wasn't hanging on to my lower tiered crew because I was tight on slots and dilithium to buy more. Plus, at the time, they weren't doing the collections, so it never occurred to me there might be benefits to maxing out and freezing crew. When I received him, I must've blown him out of the airlock, because I didn't have the space for him. Sounds like I will never have him, now. That's going to drive my OCD brain nuts!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

I'm super disappointed to read this. He is the only three star crew I'm missing, and I kept wondering why I was never coming across him. When I received him years ago, I wasn't hanging on to my lower tiered crew because I was tight on slots and dilithium to buy more. Plus, at the time, they weren't doing the collections, so it never occurred to me there might be benefits to maxing out and freezing crew. When I received him, I must've blown him out of the airlock, because I didn't have the space for him. Sounds like I will never have him, now. That's going to drive my OCD brain nuts!

For what it is worth, I intentionally airlocked mine recently. He was not a diplomat so no help in that collection. He has inspiring trait but that collection is easy to complete without him. And biggest of all, to freeze him you have to add two stars with honor to a blue rare card. That is 10,000 in honor and come the next honor sale I can use that 10,000 instead to get a legendary. But if it is still bothering you that you lost him, maybe you could make a second Sous-Chef Sisko and say to yourself that it is that card you lost?
    Let’s fly!

People have had luck in pleading to CS to restore the free star. Might be worth a try. Not many people realize it's a one-shot to grab him.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy in my fleet had to go through CS to get his back as a newer player. We both started about the same time and I was quick to find the wiki. He was upset when he found out, but he did get him back.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*