Homeβ€Ί The Bridge

Forced Update Tomorrow {10/14/2020} Edit: Event Hub Discussion

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
Maybe will include the new Collection?

πŸ––πŸΏπŸ––πŸΎπŸ––πŸ½πŸ––πŸΌπŸ––πŸ––πŸ»
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t think of that.. but I sure hope so! :smile:
    β€œWhat's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice. I'm wondering if it will include expanding the other collections too. It is acting a tad glitchy and booted me, so I'm wondering if the upgrade is in progress.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    What time is the update??
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A forced upgrade is not a server release/update.
    It just means that the latest version of the game will be required to continue playing.

I do not have an exact time for it.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated and now I have to use force stop to exit. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 7.6.0 for Kindle, correct? The stupid Appstore says I don't even have the gamr downloaded despite playing it forty minutes ago.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 7.6.0 for Kindle, correct? The stupid Appstore says I don't even have the gamr downloaded despite playing it forty minutes ago.

Yes.
  • Capt. Joseph MuddCapt. Joseph Mudd ✭✭✭
    Still just 7.6.1 for ios, event hub just now showed up but no other changes of note.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, now that we have the Event Hub, let's discuss it for a hot minute.

Can anyone think of ANYTHING that could haven been fixed or tweaked that would have been more useful than knowing where you finished in an Event seven weeks ago?

Just wondering if it serves a more vital utility than fixing, say, people being locked out of the game for extended periods. Or something.......

AviTrek wrote: Β»
    So, now that we have the Event Hub, let's discuss it for a hot minute.

Can anyone think of ANYTHING that could haven been fixed or tweaked that would have been more useful than knowing where you finished in an Event seven weeks ago?

Just wondering if it serves a more vital utility than fixing, say, people being locked out of the game for extended periods. Or something.......

Ben explained that it's to allow for future changes. They want to run mini-events and right now were restricted to only run between Monday after the current event ends and Wednesday when the new event preview goes up. This lets them run previews concurrently with events. Theoretically they could even run concurrent events if they wanted to.

Shan's weekly post on Friday previewing the next event could also be replaced with a preview going live in game for all players. This would even allow for the event calendar we've been asking for forever. The mega event announcement could include all 4 event previews going live in the game.

So, it is likely to have more utility as it is expanded? Thanx. I missed all that.

πŸ––πŸΏπŸ––πŸΎπŸ––πŸ½πŸ––πŸΌπŸ––πŸ»πŸ––
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    The Event Hub button is ugly as all hell. No thought appears to have gone into it. A dark purple button with black text? No thank you. It clashes with all of the other GUI elements on the main screen. It doesn't fit the theme and even if it did, the contrast of the button and text is far too small to be visually pleasing in the slightest. Not to mention that the button is just... there. The placement is not that great. I'd prefer it to be inside of of the Command Deck buttons somewhere. The Fleet button already has a leaderboards section in it with a lot of empty space at the bottom. Perfect place for the button. And it's already that awful purple theme, so... win-win?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got around to poking at the button... my initial impression is everything that Darxide just said, so no need to repeat it.

I like being able to review the rank/vp board, so that's a positive.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Event Hub button is ugly as all hell. No thought appears to have gone into it. A dark purple button with black text? No thank you. It clashes with all of the other GUI elements on the main screen.

100% agree. Also if seemingly it seems tuff to create a simple button that is visually pleasing and goes hand in hand with the other elements on the screen, oh boy, I do not expect any kind of spectacular feature anymore...

• Capt. Joseph MuddCapt. Joseph Mudd ✭✭✭
    Maybe if we could play old events in our β€œoff time” on ones we didn’t get all the threshold rewards the first time. 😜
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    As a way to allow for concurrent previews/live events in future, it's clunky/unimaginative but it would work. And the idea of having three 4-day events in a week is... oddly pleasing, in a terrifying kinda way. :lol:

But as of now, it appears to do nothing except add an annoying extra click/tap to doing anything in a current event. There's space underneath the ugly purple/black Event Hub button for another button, so fingers crossed TP's testing already threw up this problem and we'll get an extra "Current Event" button added to the main screen when the event goes live.

Edit: wait, this thread has added "Event Hub Discussion", but there's a thread that says "Event Hub Feedback" as well?! Gah, looks like this thread's title was edited after the Event Hub Feedback thread was created. To help anyone else wanting to leave feedback: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16997/event-hub-feedback
    As a way to allow for concurrent previews/live events in future, it's clunky/unimaginative but it would work. And the idea of having three 4-day events in a week is... oddly pleasing, in a terrifying kinda way. :lol:

But as of now, it appears to do nothing except add an annoying extra click/tap to doing anything in a current event. There's space underneath the ugly purple/black Event Hub button for another button, so fingers crossed TP's testing already threw up this problem and we'll get an extra "Current Event" button added to the main screen when the event goes live.

Edit: wait, this thread has added "Event Hub Discussion", but there's a thread that says "Event Hub Feedback" as well?! Gah, looks like this thread's title was edited after the Event Hub Feedback thread was created. To help anyone else wanting to leave feedback: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16997/event-hub-feedback

Worked with what I had.