Home Make It So!
Options

New Faction Idea - Romulan Free State

I’ve been thinking a lot about parts of the game that don’t receive much in the way of updates regularly or ever.
One of these are factions, we have had the same 15 factions from the beginning of the game or close to it. With the release of new media in recent years it seems that we could use at least one new faction group in the game; it seems obvious to me that it would be the “Romulan Free State.” Introduced in Star Trek: Picard.

With the addition of this new faction, it also seems clear to that the galaxy map would need to be updated as well; I would think that the additions would be placement of “The Artifact” and Vashti. “The Artifact” would appear in game similar to Deep Space Nine and would be unique in that it is a playable ship but also a location on the galaxy map.

These new locations of course would include a series of Missions and the missions could include both content from Picard and Lower Decks as well as the other media in the franchise.

Comments

• Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    I guess that would match what in Star Trek Online they call the "Romulan Republic".
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    The Borg faction has not been around since the beginning of the game, I believe it was added in early 2019, years after the game started.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The Borg faction has not been around since the beginning of the game, I believe it was added in early 2019, years after the game started.

I didn't realize that, just means there is a precedent.