Home The Bridge
Options

A New Collection

Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
Smoke and Mirrors. Cards from the Mirror Universe!!

Gives Security Skill Proficiency
Security Core Skill
Command Core Skill
Command Skill Proficiency

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleased to find that I had 23 immortalized. I have 36 of the possible crew. My problem is that I don't see most of my 1/5 and 2/5 mirror crew as worth citations. Possibly Crusher or Stamets.
  • Options
    Thanks TP, but was Fungal Entity May a Mirror Universe character?
    Thought not since she's some sort of hallucination. An image of the real may in the prime universe.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's from the Mycelial network, which is between/among the universes.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Thought not since she's some sort of hallucination. An image of the real may in the prime universe.

Yeah - I thought her inclusion was odd as well, since I don't think the network is considered part of the Mirror Universe. Maybe since that is where she interacted before?
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    I was so sure they'd add an EV suit collection next. Still happy about this one :smile:
    Maybe do EV suits next ;-)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't add EV Suit too.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they settle into a pattern of either making new collections or updating old ones more frequently!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Sitting at 23/25.
    Diplomats are sitting at 38/40.

Who shall win??!?!?
    Prophet (1/5) and Mirror T'Pol (1/5) vs KungFu Sarek (2/5) and Solar Sisko (2/5).

The timely arrival of Vashti Picard, Lt Georgiou or Mirror Chekov could sway this epic battle.

Also I have no citations or honour because Cheesecake Seven ate them all. This is gonna be a long fight.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleased to find that I had 23 immortalized. I have 36 of the possible crew. My problem is that I don't see most of my 1/5 and 2/5 mirror crew as worth citations. Possibly Crusher or Stamets.

Indeed. I’m at 31 (with Mirror Chekov only 50 levels away from being #32) and don’t feel great about using citations on any of the other 10 crew I have that could be used to reach the final threshold.

Yeah - I thought her inclusion was odd as well, since I don't think the network is considered part of the Mirror Universe. Maybe since that is where she interacted before?

There was some discussion about this when she was released. While the network spans more than one universe, she was first encountered while Discovery was in the Mirror Universe. It’s flimsy but I don’t feel like complaining when it helps with a stat-boosting collection.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need 2 more imports to get to the 25-tier. I have Shukar and Killy at 4/5 and they are pretty much the run-away best options, yet neither are really worth cites. I also have Stamets and Crusher At 4/5, but they are definitely NOT worthy of cites.

At 3/5 I have Lorca, Worf, Georgie, Troi and Zepher. Maybe Worf (because of his weekend potential)?

At 2/5 and lower, May and Detmer are really my only options, but I have a hard time rationalizing 4 cites for Detmer or 3 cites for a 2-skiller.

Oh well. I can wait for this tier...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I had 25 FF’d for this, ‘cause everyone else is at 2/5 or below, except 3/5 Mirror Spock. Forty looks unobtainable for now, but who knows?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised it wasn’t EV suit collection. Mirror Universe is a good idea though.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

They announced earlier they would be releasing a Mirror Collection. EV Suit was just the community hoping 🖖🖖🖖🖖🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

They flat out told us weeks ago there would be a MU collection coming this month
  • Options
    There was some discussion about this when she was released. While the network spans more than one universe, she was first encountered while Discovery was in the Mirror Universe. It’s flimsy but I don’t feel like complaining when it helps with a stat-boosting collection.

I categorize this as one of those things that set off my nerd "Hey... that's not right!" alarm, but in reality is not worth complaining about at all. Agreed. Happy for the extra stat boost!
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Vulcans look tempting.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Universe is a tough collection to finish when it requires so many two-skilled legendaries to be completed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Vulcans look tempting.

That LTO for The Prophet looks not too shabby, right? :)
    Mirror Universe is a tough collection to finish when it requires so many two-skilled legendaries to be completed.

That’s a tough part for sure. Mirror Phlox stands out as one of the few 2-skilled Mirror Universe crew that’s useful on a regular basis for many players, while crew like Mirror Tucker or Mirror Uhura might see limited use and the rest are just plain bad (Mirror Sisko) or aren’t bad but are expensive to acquire (Mirror Kirk).

The other challenge is that there’s only one member that is <4*. For a vanity collection, that’s to be expected. For a mid-size star booster collection, that’s rather quite stall order - the only comparable collection that’s so light on 1-3* crew is the Borg collection, which has one more such crew and is only 60% as large. And if it weren’t for Smiley, there wouldn’t be any non-4*/5* crew at all.

I’d be curious to see what Mirror characters might be worthy of the 2* or 3* treatment. We all love Mirror Vic and if he weren’t already a 4* I’d say he’d be a good choice for a 2*. A non-canon Mirror Paris would maybe fit as a 2* as well. Mirror Tuvok might be a fun 3*.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Odo 1* gets killed at the end of the first episode.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Tuvok, Scotty, and Odo the only canon mains that don't exist yet, if memory serves. There are a few reoccurring that had Mirror counterparts. Danby Connor from Disco comes to mind. A non-canon Mirror Riker is the only NG crew we are missing, though a Mirror Yar could be very unsettling. In Mirror form...the stuff of nightmares. We have Janeway, so a non-canon Voyager set is feasible.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe she's the "smoke" in "Smoke and Mirrors" :D
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    1* Mirror Odo
    2* Mirror Tuvok
    2* Mirror McCoy
    3* Mirror Rom
    4* Mirror Scotty

Tuvok, McCoy, and Rom would fill in missing rarity variants. Odo doesn’t last long in the mirror universe, so 1* seems right. Scotty could use a 1* variant, but this would also be a nice opportunity to give him a useful non-ENG primary (SEC, in this case). Claymore Scotty would have been the better SEC variant, but that’s not how DB/TP saw it, so...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was there a mirror Tuvok?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Through the Looking Glass on DS9. In the mirror universe Voyager never got stuck in the Delta Quadrant so Tuvok was in the Terran rebellion.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tuvok_(mirror)
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭

Odo doesn’t last long in the mirror universe, so 1* seems right. .

Mirror Vic Fontaine is in this game as a 4* and he was only in an episode for not even 5 seconds.
    TP could add Mirror Brunt. The nice guy that finished last.

Absolutely necessary. 5*.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.