Home Engineering Room
Options

"Not enough items"

Trying to build an item. The build button shows yellow, it says "quick build", I get a credit cost, but when I tell it to do it, I get an error box telling me not enough items. I've checked, I 100% have everything needed to craft this item. My inventory is not full. What's up? I've exited and restarted the game several times. No go.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I got this the other day. Quick Build was available on the top item, but every time I tried to do that, it threw up that error message. I also tried restarting the game, to no avail. What I think is happening is that the game cannot count, basically. :#

I managed to "solve" the issue by going deeper into the sub-items, and building from the bottom up, then it eventually showed that there were indeed not enough components to build the top item. You may need to go all the way down to the lowest sub-component that needs building for this to work.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly, I've also had the opposite happen. On occasion: the main item shows it's not available for a Quick Build, but going deeper into sub-components of the build, and quick-building them, suddenly the main item is now also ready to be built.

Again, the game cannot count... obviously didn't watch enough Sesame Street...

632t4ok.gif

... or maybe the Cookie Monster has been stealing components...

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"