Home The Bridge
Options

Lower Decks Crew Card Art Thoughts

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
Why not just do portraits of the actual voice cast, styled like their characters?
izmskdev3n9f.png

Tawny Newsome as Mariner
p07ruwiw06an.png6exetqmxjx5e.png

Jack Quaid as Boimler
qy4e7tiqlop1.png

Noel Wells as D'Vana Tendi
dikrpuzr1uqq.png

Eugene Cordero as Geordi LaForge
05e4sgj794q3.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    After watching Wil Wheaton's interviews with the actors and actresses on The Ready Room I think they really do resemble their animated counterparts to some degree.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a great idea Shy Khan!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this!

Maybe not for Dr. T'Ana, though. ;)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Why is Eugene Cordero listed as Geordi LaForge and not his character Ensign Samanthan Rutherford?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Eugene Cordero listed as Geordi LaForge and not his character Ensign Samanthan Rutherford?

I have no idea. I assume it's some sort of inside joke with the producers and their social media team.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »

I have no idea. I assume it's some sort of inside joke with the producers and their social media team.

Oh, haha. Got it from their site. Sounds like them. Funny people.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    After watching Wil Wheaton's interviews with the actors and actresses on The Ready Room I think they really do resemble their animated counterparts to some degree.

That is sometimes done when designing an animated character, and the voice actor is known.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    STO had more real-looking versions of the 4 characters as duty officers, apparently CBS required them to be changed to the original appearance, so I would guess this game will also need to follow the original closely here.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    Despite some misgivings, especially from the premier, I enjoyed Lower Decks. But if STT can only add the characters providing they maintain the same cartoony appearance, I think they're better off skipping them. Maybe give us the Titan and Cerritos instead.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    KaiRo wrote: »
    STO had more real-looking versions of the 4 characters as duty officers, apparently CBS required them to be changed to the original appearance, so I would guess this game will also need to follow the original closely here.

That's... sad :(

But it could be one more reason to add them as WRG originals and use the likeness of the voice cast.
  • Options
    don't do it ... POS show ... that jut tries to capitalize on the Star Trek name...
  • Options
    Concern withdrawn!

Starport
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I like the show. It is good. I like that they have lots of references to the other trek shows that they mix in during the episodes. If you liked the TNG episode Lower Decks where we saw Sito Jaxa and her lower deck friends or Voyager’s Good Shepherd episode where Janeway works with the forgotten crew below decks you will like the show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the show. I hope they keep the same cartoon artwork, if we get the cards.
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    don't do it ... POS show ... that jut tries to capitalize on the Star Trek name...

Every Star Trek Show capitalizes on the Star Trek name. It would be weird if they didn't.

As for the Art.. they should just do what they did with the Animated Series characters... Just give them a little 3D depth.
  • Options
    Not feeling it, but I realize any game will capitalize on all potential resources. If it happens, it happens. I’d rather it not (and I might be in the minority). Who knows? We will see.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I definitely think the cards should be there. If anything, just to reduce the amount of variants of existing cards and cards for 1-off extras on episodes.

While I won't complain if they just use similar art to the show, I would not mind seeing their take on "realistic" presentations of the characters.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)