Home The Bridge
Options

Likely Admiral Division Rewards for Early 2021

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
This is a spiritual continuation of this thread.

With the the switch-over into November, and seeing that the January Arena rewards are again the Keldon Class starship, I'm confident to say that we can expect the Kumari for the February rewards and the USS Discovery for March. So I would recommend to plan accordingly. I say this because it seems TP-WRG is staying the course on repeating the rewards schedule for a complete year.

Obvious disclaimer: this is a prediction, not a certainty; it's one of those things that's accurate right up until it isn't. TP-WRG can changes things at their whim. But I'm confident from what we've seen over the last year that this will be how it is played out. Assuming it is how things go, we'll know if April is something new by end of January.

My normal complaint: I really hope it does change; in fact, I'd like to be wrong here. One ship (Jem'Hadar Flagship; intro'ed in August 2018) has been in the game for over 2 years without being the featured reward; while another (Enterprise A; intro'ed in November 2018) is approaching its two year anniversary. Seeing as the Arena rewards are the only reasonable way to increase a ship's level, it's pretty silly that they, and three other ships, have never been featured. If the pattern holds, there would then be nine ships (these five, plus the four introduced in 2020) that have never been the Admiral Division rewards (and that doesn't count the four 4* ships intro'ed in 2020).

This past year has been very frustrating for me because leveling the ships was one of my main goals in the game; and movement on that goal ground to a halt with the schedule they've used. So I'm desperate for a change here.
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    They can make the change at the last minute. I know this because I saw a similar situation with the monthly 3* Rare Crew giveaway that was changed just after New Year's Day about two years ago I think it was. I messaged customer support because I was expecting a totally different crew to claim and their response was something like they forgot to load the new loot schedule for the year and the system automatically recirculated the previous loot schedule.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    They can make the change at the last minute. I know this because I saw a similar situation with the monthly 3* Rare Crew giveaway that was changed just after New Year's Day about two years ago I think it was. I messaged customer support because I was expecting a totally different crew to claim and their response was something like they forgot to load the new loot schedule for the year and the system automatically recirculated the previous loot schedule.

That's a good point. I recall that happening too. However DB-TP/WRG has moved away from making active changes to the monthly rewards and use a schedule they settled on months in advance. Again, they can change things at any moment; the question is, do they want to do that? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    In case people are interested, here is the history of the Admiral Division rewards:

2017-2018
    Dec-18 D'Kora Krayton
    Nov-18 Borg Cube
    Oct-18 HMS Bounty
    Sep-18 Kumari
    Aug-18 Prakesh
    Jul-18 IKS T'Ong
    Jun-18 Sarcophagus
    May-18 ISS Defiant
    Apr-18 USS Discovery
    Mar-18 USS Shenzhou
    Feb-18 Borg Cube
    Jan-18 NX-01 Enterprise
    Dec-17 ISS Enterprise

Dec-19 Valdore
    Nov-19 Sarcophagus
    Oct-19 Pike's Enterprise
    Sep-19 Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship
    Aug-19 The Scimitar
    Jul-19 USS Shenzhou
    Jun-19 Cap Proton Rocket Ship
    May-19 Orion Interceptor
    Apr-19 Ni'Var
    Mar-19 Breen Command
    Feb-19 USS Reliant
    Jan-19 NX-01 Enterprise

Dec-20 Valdore
    Nov-20 Sarcophagus
    Oct-20 Pike's Enterprise
    Sep-20 Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship
    Aug-20 The Scimitar
    Jul-20 USS Shenzhou
    Jun-20 Cap Proton Rocket Ship
    May-20 Orion Interceptor
    Apr-20 Ni'Var
    Mar-20 USS Discovery
    Feb-20 Kumari
    Jan-20 Cardassian Keldon Class

Number of Occurrences for Each Ship Type (Dec 2017 to Jan 2021)
    Sarcophagus - 3
    USS Shenzhou - 3
    Borg Cube - 2
    Cap Proton Rocket Ship - 2
    Cardassian Keldon Class - 2
    Kumari - 2
    Ni'Var - 2
    NX-01 Enterprise - 2
    Orion Interceptor - 2
    Pike's Enterprise - 2
    The Scimitar - 2
    USS Discovery - 2
    Valdore - 2
    Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship - 2
    Breen Command - 1
    D'Kora Krayton - 1
    HMS Bounty - 1
    IKS T'Ong - 1
    ISS Defiant - 1
    ISS Enterprise - 1
    Prakesh - 1
    USS Reliant - 1
    Assimilated Voyager - 0
    Borg Queen Vessel - 0
    Enterprise A - 0
    Enterprise E - 0
    Federation Fighter - 0
    IKS Negh'Var - 0
    Jem'Hadar Flagship - 0
    Krenim Weapon Ship - 0
    The Artifact - 0

That explains why my Breen Command ship is so low, it was the reward the month after I started playing! I hope some of these vessels get some needed attention soon! Especially the ones that have never been rewards!

Thanks for your work on this @EnderW
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Other than a bunch of unfinished 5* and all the recently introduced ships the only ship i still need schematics for is the 2* Hirogen and I haven't seen schematics for this in awhile. It would be nice if the Hirogen faction store included schematics. I think it's the only faction that doesn't. (There are no Bajoran ships)

I also haven't received schematics for the klingon T'ong in 2 years, not even from portal rewards, so it sadly sits at level 5 while i drool with envy at everyone in the arena using this ship at max level.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The T’Ong is way overdue, I think the 2* Hirogen has been the reward of some skirmishes.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Slick wrote: »
    Other than a bunch of unfinished 5* and all the recently introduced ships the only ship i still need schematics for is the 2* Hirogen and I haven't seen schematics for this in awhile. It would be nice if the Hirogen faction store included schematics. I think it's the only faction that doesn't. (There are no Bajoran ships)

I also haven't received schematics for the klingon T'ong in 2 years, not even from portal rewards, so it sadly sits at level 5 while i drool with envy at everyone in the arena using this ship at max level.

Yeah, the T'Ong is an oddly hard ship to get schematics. It was the last ship I fully leveled and I had to do it completely through portal pulls. Since it's not in Voyages or the Dabo Wheel, and I don't think it's ever been featured in a skirmish, it's just really hard to find.

With any 2* ships, I recommend trying the skirmish event ship packs. I know, not the best use of dilithium, but it does drop those schematics. The other thing you could do is do a lot of basic pulls for credits. Between those two actions that's how I finished my 2* ships.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    To re-up this for the first of the month: looks like things are holding true, as the Kumari is the February 2021 Admiral Division ship. If it holds, and it's likely to hold, March should be the Discovery.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. My Disco is nearly maxed and, at my current level, I could finish it. Another maxed 5* ship would be a great birthday present (the 27th of that month).
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I know the Artifact was added in this update. Someone already confirmed it and I got a bundle for La Sirena, which is the other new addition. It bumped it to lvl 2 for me. Now, if they show up very often, who knows.
    I have noticed a few ships appearing more often for me lately, like the Enterprise A, but that may be a hold over from ShaKaRee. I haven't maxed a ship in months. (Nearly four, I checked. My Maxed Ships list was last updated Sep 3.)
    I, personally, would like to see Dabo tweaked a bit. I can't see how giving schematics for maxed ships is being tailored to me. If I have all of the ships at that level in the portal, give me components or equipment in that range. I wouldn't mind. Those I could use.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the Artifact was added in this update. Someone already confirmed it and I got a bundle for La Sirena, which is the other new addition. It bumped it to lvl 2 for me. Now, if they show up very often, who knows.
    I have noticed a few ships appearing more often for me lately, like the Enterprise A, but that may be a hold over from ShaKaRee. I haven't maxed a ship in months. (Nearly four, I checked. My Maxed Ships list was last updated Sep 3.)
    I, personally, would like to see Dabo tweaked a bit. I can't see how giving schematics for maxed ships is being tailored to me. If I have all of the ships at that level in the portal, give me components or equipment in that range. I wouldn't mind. Those I could use.

You're right about The Artifact being added. After 110+ 10x pulls, I have it up to level 4. It's going to take more than premium pulls to finish that ship. I'm going to need a month (probably two) of arena rewards to make any real progress on leveling that ship up. If they rotated just the 5 new ships I listed as monthly rewards, it would probably still take nearly a year for 5% of players to come close to maxing those ships. That's a long time even with focused distribution. And 5% of the player base is a very small number, imo.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Prime Lorca [10FH] ! Your list is really well put together. I'm already seeing a bunch of other ships in the Admiral division, so Krayton is losing control as we speak. But sadly, as you noted, it's not likely that any of these new ships are going to be showing up soon.

I did see someone mention they maxed the Warship Voyager; I think I've even seen it as a possible opponent. I've got to give credit where it's due: that took a LOT of pulls to get done. In addition to all the history of the prizes, I've also tracked how many drops it take to get a ship leveled. At 100 schematics a drop from the ship portal packs, someone needs 70 drops* to get a ship done. If we assume someone is really lucky, and gets one drop of the ship's schematics per pull (yeah, laughable, but bear with me), at 325** dilithium a ship pack, that comes out to:

70 x 325 = 22,750 dilithium to fully level (or about $200 worth of dilithium)

Let that sink in for everyone. And this is why the Arena is the only way to reasonably level a ship in this game. :/

* - Just now realizing my math doesn't quite work out that cleanly, as some levels for the ships aren't perfectly divisible by 100. But it shouldn't change the minimum required pulls by that much; probably only by 3-4 total pulls. But you get the idea: it costs an excessive amount of money/dilithium. And that's just a low ball floor; actual experience with the packs means you'd pay more.

** - This is correct, right? Ship packs cost half of a regular portal pack? I can't seem to find this confirmed anywhere; not the wiki, not in the Coms announcements, nothing. Feel kinda crazy I can't confirm the answer. Shows you what kind of "expert" I am! ;)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some of those packs for Warship Voyager. They cost 350 dilithium. That means you're off by a little, but since it was an intentionally low estimate, it still works. Basically, you're talking a lot of money and a lot of luck. Or a little luck and saving up from the best deals that TP offers.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we can look forward to Discovery again in March. That'll make two full cycles through the same set of twelve ships, I'm hopeful that means we've reached the end and we can look forward to something different in April. Otherwise I don't see any point putting in any effort at all for arena in the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    On one hand, I feel bad for players that need new schematics, but, on the other, those of us that still need old ones are grateful.
    How many 5* ships are in the portal now? Maybe just rotating through all of them would be an improvement?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still need T’Ong schematics for the alt, it’s baffling it doesn’t drop from dabo.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand, I feel bad for players that need new schematics, but, on the other, those of us that still need old ones are grateful.
    How many 5* ships are in the portal now? Maybe just rotating through all of them would be an improvement?

The only 5* ships not in the portal are: IKS Negh'Var, Borg Queen Vessel, Krenim Weapon Ship, Warship Voyager, and ISS Discovery. And the only voyage trait not in the portal is Tholian (4* ship, obviously).

And as @ChaosChild points out: a full two year rotation on the Admiral Arena rewards. We'll find out at the end of January if they're breaking it.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    To bring back an old thread, in a day or so we should get our first indications of what the schedule is for the rest of the 2021 Admiral Division rewards. Will it re-repeat the 2019 schedule again or start doing something new? I'm not really sure what to expect at this point. I'm a little pessimistic given the last few months of happenings in the game, as it seems TP has put almost all of their energy/concentration into the new feature.

However, in their defense, WRG Ben did say during the Jan 6th Timelines Talk that the reward schedule in the Arena is something they need to look at for updating. That is encouraging (he also said "no promises," so salt grain taken).

Unfortunately, I'm becoming very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about this whole issue. I finished the Fed Fighter about a week ago with portal pulls, so I don't need any more voyage traits. And I only need about 900 schematics for the Enterprise E. I basically think I'm done with the ships. I feel this is very unfortunate; it all could have been handled better.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, **tsk, tsk**... When the company doesn't care about a part of the game, what are you gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Well, some of us still need those schematics (yay! I get to finish my Ni'Var), but this is awful for everyone else. How many ships do you still need? I only have 10? 5* ships maxed, so most of the time, I still need these schematics, but I know there are some folks still needing just the newer ones.
    Does anyone know which ships in the portal have never been Arena rewards? The Artifact would be the only one I'm sure of. Well, La Sirena for Captain Division, too.
  • Options
    =j= JC Ravel=j= JC Ravel ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Is TP actively trying to frustrate players? This would be a (yet another) pretty good way to do that. I need a few schematics for Kumari, but after that, I have no reason to play the arena until next year if this schedule holds. I'll get my five for dailies and move on, I guess.

At least give us a T'Ong!
  • Options
    Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Is TP actively trying to frustrate players?

Why yes, yes they are. You can't irritate the player base this much on sheer incompetence alone. It takes a concerted and directed effort to do so.

01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has become apparent to me that Arena and Dabo are designed to benefit newer players. That’s fine with me. I will stop playing Arena and Dabo, since those do not benefit me now. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ Dabo doesn’t benefit anyone :tongue: *ducks*

Actually, today’s wheel had useful equipment & crew for me in all 11 of those positions:

vbi3a4jwisq0.png

I still only used credits & the ad.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust