Home Engineering Room

Win10 app crashes frequently, and now it is getting worse and worse!

Hi everyone!

I play mostly on windows 10 app and it has always had crashing issues but over the last few months it seems to have gotten progressively worse and worse.

The game will be running fine then I hear the CPU/GFX card fan change speed and the game has suddenly frozen - nothing clicks and I have to restart. Other times there is a slight graphics output glitch, then the CPU/GFX fan speed changes and then usually I can continue to click on things in game (I know they work as the sound FX still plays) but the screen is frozen, so I have to restart to get it working again.

So far, so annoying - the problem is that now when I restart the app it sometimes freezes before I can even click on PLAY>>, sometimes within seconds of getting back in to the game. Sometimes I am having to restart the game every 2-3 minutes...which is unplayable essentially.

Win10 with auto-updates on, latest drivers for everything that I can, Radeon HD5750 GFX card, 16gm DDR5 RAM, i5 4th gen.

Short of playing on my phone (not easy as it's a cheap handset), any ideas? I can't even find any log files...

Thanks in advance!

Stokey

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Stokey,

I am sorry you are encountering these issues.
    Did you register your account with an email/password or with your FB profile?
    If yes, try removing the app and make a clean install - you will need to log in with your credentials and restart the app to get back to your original account.

Alternatively you could also try the game on Steam and see if that works better for you.
  • Thanks for the reply Shan, and sorry for the delayed response!

I set up a DB account first so used email and password for the game. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and logged in/out several times but to no avail. Most often when the game "freezes" it is actually still running in the background because things make noises when pressed, but the screen is frozen and never unfreezes, necessitating a forced restart.

I don't use Steam, so that isn't really an option for me.

The good news is I have a new phone that can run the game so I guess I will have to just put up with the small screen (and my fat fingers!) and play on that as it rarely crashes on Android, in my experience.

Cheers,

Stokey
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you have a new phone that will provide an alternative platform to play on :)

Could you please tell me how much ram there is on your computer?
  • The Windows app has always been buggy. Freezes, excessive memory consumption, overlays that don't close, this stuff has been going on for a long time.