Home Engineering Room

[Resolved] FB outage?

Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Engineering Room
Anyone else having issues connecting with Facebook??
ydp9ofdfrlu9.png

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are censoring the game, too?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is up and running.
    I tried on Facebook on my end and had no issue.

Try another browser platform if you can.

It might also be a connectivity issue along the routes between your location and ours.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Having the same issue on Firefox logging in through Facebook from NYC. Been having it since late last night.

bilq5zo15aft.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try another platform if you can, and report back please. Thank you!
  • Seems like Firefox is the problem. Tried switching to Chrome & it works just fine.
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem on iOS over wifi. Switching to cellular network works.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Still out as of midnight on Firefox, works on Chrome. But Chrome is a terrible browser on Mac, now, so this is not an acceptable long-term solution.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • @Shy Khan agreed. I dislike Chrome, as well. Safari doesn't work, either, but for entirely different reasons.
    If the Firefox issue can be looked into, that would be greatly appreciated
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    pbert wrote: »
    Having the same problem on iOS over wifi. Switching to cellular network works.

This is a telltale sign that it is a connectivity issue along all the routes leading to our servers.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you using Firefox, there is no other error message appearing?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into it, we might have figured out the cause, stay tuned!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed, please try again and let me know :) Thank you!
  • All's well. It's working on my end, thanks
  • This might not be related to the above error, but I have been getting this error on PC through Steam when I try to login. All other internet functions are working. Oddly enough, I CAN access the game through Facebook, though it is PAINFULLY Slow, especially to log in which takes about 5 minutes.
    Everything was working normally overnight last night on this same PC.

sv2gin9n2ts5.png

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might not be related to the above error, but I have been getting this error on PC through Steam when I try to login. All other internet functions are working. Oddly enough, I CAN access the game through Facebook, though it is PAINFULLY Slow, especially to log in which takes about 5 minutes.
    Everything was working normally overnight last night on this same PC.

sv2gin9n2ts5.png

When did this start?
  • This condition has resolved itself now. It started just the other day, BUT after further investigation I have concluded that it was due to a dumb mistake on my part, and not related to the game. When I resolved that issue, the game issues went away immediately.

I think it was related specifically to my ISP. Also, I have had issues with my service due to a line being dug up a couple of years ago, but I don't use Wifi.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This condition has resolved itself now. It started just the other day, BUT after further investigation I have concluded that it was due to a dumb mistake on my part, and not related to the game. When I resolved that issue, the game issues went away immediately.

I think it was related specifically to my ISP. Also, I have had issues with my service due to a line being dug up a couple of years ago, but I don't use Wifi.

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, thank you for reporting back and explaining. It is appreciated :)
    I am glad it is resolved!