Home The Bridge
Options

I think Voyages need a little overhaul.

Get rid of the one-off dilemmas that repeat voyage after voyage and don’t really go anywhere. Make it easier for the multi-part ones to pop up, maybe.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to get rid of all the one-off dilemmas, but I would certainly support increasing the odds of getting the multi-part dilemmas.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to get rid of all the one-off dilemmas, but I would certainly support increasing the odds of getting the multi-part dilemmas.

Agreed.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely adding new dilemmas would be great. And expanding on some of the ones that already exist, like the rude Klingon captain, would be just as good.

I’ve said before, the three part dilemmas should be rarer to get but, once you get one, you’re locked into the sequence until you break it. I could see that increasing the use of dilithium on voyages.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe dilemma odds can be buffed by matching the ship trait. And perhaps the primary skill traits to a lesser degree. Though a simple ability to set certain voyage goals might work better. Like a "focus". Buff the odds of chains at the expense of something else. Buff the odds of chrons at the expense of honor. I think it might work best to tie those mods to the ship traits, even if they don't match. Would make traits more interesting. Sacrificing the match antimatter for a chance at chains with a certain trait or chrons with a certain trait. Even lesser used crew traits could have some effect for trading off voyage length.

Once you've immortalised the chains, would you still feel as strongly about singles? I'm not criticizing. Just trying to be clear about the goal and context. Mid game players want to collect, late game players are bored and want something different. Clearing the chains leads to boredom, more dilemmas dilutes the pool.

Buffing odds with balanced sacrifices would let you focus on something personally without altering the game itself for everyone. It could let high level players buff honor at the expence of something to meet their needs.

Be careful how you phrase your request. Several singles such as Ladders and Chains or Earth meets Sky lead to 4* crew and larger drops of honor and chrons. Sacrificing those would lower typical voyage payout. Having to go through a chain to get a 4* drop rather than a single is probably not something most players would want. Not the least because those lead to specific 4* not random 4* crew.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me again float my idea. Instead of a "chance" for the next part to pop up, make it logical. Part One >Part Two>Part Three.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It would be nice to have an increased chance to get the multi-part dilemmas at a certain point.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

Let me again float my idea. Instead of a "chance" for the next part to pop up, make it logical. Part One >Part Two>Part Three.

I could see this. Instead of having to randomly hook two or three dilemmas, you would only need to randomly hook one. Getting that first dilemma would put you on the path to get the successive dilemmas immediately following it.

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage recall time reducer tokens. Apply at recall, reduce recall time by 30 min, 1 hour, 90 min and 2 hour and 3 hour (1*, 2*, 3*, 4* and 5*).
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    That I've consistently been running voyages daily, around the clock since their inception and still need 2* on McCoy and 3 on Worf shows how rare those 3 part dilemmas can be.
    On the one hand, it gives me something to strive for. On the other, it's nearly as ridiculous as the Dabo odds.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I never want to get another schematic or replicator ration from a dilemma ever again. Every time it happens my soul withers a little.

This x 1000! Ridiculous gauntlet RNG outcomes are a joy compared to ration/schematic drops from voyage dilemmas.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    That I've consistently been running voyages daily, around the clock since their inception and still need 2* on McCoy and 3 on Worf shows how rare those 3 part dilemmas can be.
    On the one hand, it gives me something to strive for. On the other, it's nearly as ridiculous as the Dabo odds.

Use your free 4* citations from the campaign. I can't imagine waiting trying to get each part 3 8 times to get both crew ff.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Use your free 4* citations from the campaign. I can't imagine waiting trying to get each part 3 8 times to get both crew ff.

Nah. I usually have some random 4* crew that needs leveling. Better to get those out of the way before using citations on ones I can conceivably get on voyages. I'm going to be doing it, anyway. May as well have the chance to be surprised.

Aside from minor faction potential for a few, has anyone ever needed these crew by the time they had them? I suppose a very new player could find use from a 1/4 card, but part of the ridiculousness in them stems from the fact that most of us are immediately freezing them once we've got them. The effort doesn't match the reward.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. I usually have some random 4* crew that needs leveling. Better to get those out of the way before using citations on ones I can conceivably get on voyages. I'm going to be doing it, anyway. May as well have the chance to be surprised.

Aside from minor faction potential for a few, has anyone ever needed these crew by the time they had them? I suppose a very new player could find use from a 1/4 card, but part of the ridiculousness in them stems from the fact that most of us are immediately freezing them once we've got them. The effort doesn't match the reward.

I've wanted a collection for the 8 Voyage exclusive crew. With the final reward being an awesome Voyage card. Like top 2-3 voyage rank. That would make the effort worth it to me. Without it, you're right, it's not worth the effort. But there is so little else to target in the game, I made that a goal for myself. And once I got 1 copy I'd rather save the roster spot by being able to freeze the card with citations.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

On your point about need: I do unfreeze both the Guinan, McCoy, and Picard when they come up in events, but I'd never say that I NEED them. I think the Picard has been the most useful, though the Guinan can be helpful in the Gauntlet (but you get her first star for free, so...)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)