Home Make It So!

Making Arena challenging again...

After the last 2 weeks of Timelines Talks going on about the Portal dilution, I thought of a way to help that.

I would guess that Arena is pretty much an afterthought for most players, just do the minimum 5 for the dailies and forget about it. (or some don't even bother!)

How about you MOVE maybe 50-75 (or more) of the older Gold Crew (and maybe a handful of the newer ones for "Arena Only"?), and maybe 40-50 purple crew to the Arena for rank rewards? You would achieve Arena Portal tokens based on daily score. Don't make the Arena Portal accessible via Dilithium directly, only tokens. Maybe 1 gold added (moved) to Arena portal per month for Admiral division, 1 purple for Captain Division.
This would be in addition to the schematics reward.

(When I say "move", I mean remove them from the main portal, and put them in the "Arena Portal", to lessen the dilution of the main portal.)

(Example distribution Admiral and Captain levels only)
1-50 = 5-tokens
51-200 = 4 tokens
201-800 = 3 tokens
801-1500 = 2 tokens
1501-3000 = 1 tokens

1 token = 1 drop. Gold 10% chance, purple 90%.

Use the same distribution for Commander Division, but just using Basic Rewards Portal instead?

This would give players a reason to spend a little dil on Arena again. Win-win for everyone?


What do you all think?
I want to become a Dilionaire...


  • Emperor Borg Drone (AR)Emperor Borg Drone (AR) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I wouldn't dislike it if the arena wasn't one of the game features that reset before I get up in the morning, which means that I almost never manage to stay in the top 1% because my last battle is always at least 7 hours before reset. My guess is that, for the same reason, a lot of players who live in the wrong time zones would dislike it too.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept. Some of the logistics would need to be tweeked, though. Getting a gold drop basically every 2 days would be too much. Also the thing @Emperor Borg Drone said about the time zones. I am also always asleep at that time.

    This would be a great use of the Decrepit Legendaries™ pool, though. I think this would be a good way to earn packs of old legendaries and get them out of the portal. We would need to make it where you could only get one legendary per week, max, and address the time zone issue.
    Farewell 🖖
  • As someone who likes arena, above all other game modes, I love the s### out of this idea.

    As for time zones, this is a problem that many players face. Not just with the arena, but events. I know some players who hate factions, simply because they loose 7 hours, or more, and can't rank well. My point is, I'm not sure there is anything you can do about it (without making some major overhauls to the game).

    As for too many golds, I'm not sure I agree. Some of those old gold cards are so old (and so bad) they are basically freeze and forget. However, I could see that percentage being 1% chance of gold, rather than 10%.

    My 2¢.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
  • The entire problem with buying them is IMHO is that the new ships or bonus ships really don't make enough of a difference in Skirmish or Arena to justify buying ship packs. If you are a completist their a nice deal, but that's about it


    Kelvin ÷
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Interesting idea. Definitely a way to make the arena more relevant and enjoyable imho. A concern, as stated by others, would be time zones/reset times. Some players would have more of an advantage than others. I do like the idea of removing characters (DL’s and older purples) from the portal and shifting them elsewhere.

    It does appear to be a system TP/WRG could monetize and create a new revenue stream (aside from just tickets). Which in my mind, if they can make money, would hopefully give an idea a greater chance of happening. Aside from the money though, I think it would be fun.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.”
    —Mark Twain

    MEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy!

    Best Event Finish: #7 during Rule 125 Rerun

    1024 Immortalized (Not Counting Duplicates)

    Honor Debt: Inconceivable...

    Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
Sign In or Register to comment.